Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya {RUS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya {RUS}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K [0.280MM since Feb 25, '02], UA Red Carpet Club, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by CAlex
By subway... 4-5 stops - 15 minutes
On foot... forget it.
I respectfully disagree, as I did it on foot, which is, IMHO, the way to see Moscow, with the added caveat that I did it in May when the weather was absolutely perfect -- I am not sure about walking around Moscow in winter time. I was in no hurry so I took my time getting to the Red Square but it is a manageable walk during which you can see sites like the old KGB headquarters. Definitely worth the walk...

Last edited by dcshungu; Oct 25, 2009 at 7:53 pm Reason: caveat emptor!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 1:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
We're thinking in the same way

In summer or during day-time it's nice to walk through Moscow and the trip from Hilton to red Square is about 45-70 minutes, but New Year Russian style as far as I know means spending the night in Red Square until you run out of vodka or until the sun and Policemen start sending you home Walking during low winter tempreatures for more than 30 minutes with considerable amounts of alcohol in your body is definitely a bad idea, hence my suggestion above.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:38 pm

getting around for cheap

I know that most people probably won't feel comfortable doing this. The easiest way to get around Moscow is to simply hail any car on the street, one is bound to pull over within 10 seconds of your hand going up. You can say where you are going and say 100 rubles, or 150 rubles -> that will ALWAYS be accepted. Of course, I am talking about Moscow perimeter, not going all the way to the airport. Of course, knowledge of Russian is essential and ability to come off as someone who knows exact rate of a ride. Cabs/Taxi prices are literaly 10 times higher than simply asking a drive-by.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K [0.280MM since Feb 25, '02], UA Red Carpet Club, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by PedroNY
I know that most people probably won't feel comfortable doing this. The easiest way to get around Moscow is to simply hail any car on the street, one is bound to pull over within 10 seconds of your hand going up. ... Of course, knowledge of Russian is essential and ability to come off as someone who knows exact rate of a ride. Cabs/Taxi prices are literally 10 times higher than simply asking a drive-by.
Beside the fact it could be dangerous, it is a lousy idea in any big city, anywhere, and especially in Moscow, where it is often difficult to tell the difference between "cars", and cabs/taxi, as even legit taxis sometimes have no distinguishing marks or meters. It seems that anyone with a car can turn it into a taxi and can charge you anything...just like "gypsy" cabs (unmarked cars) in Manhattan or at Capital Airport in Beijing. You get charged 2, 5, 10 more if they know you're a tourist. It happened to me in Moscow doing exactly what you just suggested, it happened to me the first I was in Beijing, and they usually try to do it me in Manhattan but I just quietly tell them I live in the city...
Old Feb 6, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Dme-Hilton and internet

Hello all,

I have a coming stay at this property.

DME-Hilton - do you recommend to book a taxi via www.go-to.ru for 1450 rubles or from DME is OK the train down to Paveletsky st. and the underground from there?
I understand the nearest metro station is Karnsnye Vorota. Is there a direct line from Pavelestky st to this station or I need to change somewhere?
I travel with light luggage so this is not a problem.

Internet - do they offer free wireless in the lounge? alternatevily are there computers available for EL guests?
I have the breakfast included so in case no internet available in the EL I may opt for the free internet.

Thanks for your insight,
Old Feb 6, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: AA Plat Exec, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Rewards
Dont take the taxi. There are computers available free on el. I thoght the food was very good on el.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 11:38 am

Programs: EY Silver, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by saviox
Hello all,

I have a coming stay at this property.

DME-Hilton - do you recommend to book a taxi via www.go-to.ru for 1450 rubles or from DME is OK the train down to Paveletsky st. and the underground from there?
I understand the nearest metro station is Karnsnye Vorota. Is there a direct line from Pavelestky st to this station or I need to change somewhere?
I travel with light luggage so this is not a problem.
You can get taxi rides for about 1000 RUB or less but if it's your first time in Moscow and you don't speak any Russian I wouldn't risk it.

I would also get the Aeroexpress train, not only as it is just 250 RUB one-way (plus 26 RUB for one Metro ticket) but also as traffic in Moscow can be terrible (depending on the time of day it can take you a LOT longer to get to the hotel than by train).

For Aeroexpress from DME it goes all the way to Paveleskaya station and from here you can hop on to the Metro and take the brown metro line 5 (also called the Ring line because it circles all around Moscow connecting the different lines together) to Komsomolskaya (3rd stop anti-clockwise) and once you leave this station you should see the tall Hilton Leningradskaya hotel a 10 minute walk away.

Moscow metro map can be found linked at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Metro (though new lines etc have been added which are not shown in that version as yet) - on that - Moscow metro is the second most busiest metro system in the world after Tokyo and some of the metro stations are really beautiful - so definitely worth exploring!!

Regarding Internet - it is available in the lounge via two PCs there, not sure about own laptop, while in your room there is a charge last time I was there (Nov last year).

Breakfast can also be had in the lounge which is pretty good.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by naitkris
You can get taxi rides for about 1000 RUB or less but if it's your first time in Moscow and you don't speak any Russian I wouldn't risk it.

I would also get the Aeroexpress train, not only as it is just 250 RUB one-way (plus 26 RUB for one Metro ticket) but also as traffic in Moscow can be terrible (depending on the time of day it can take you a LOT longer to get to the hotel than by train).

For Aeroexpress from DME it goes all the way to Paveleskaya station and from here you can hop on to the Metro and take the brown metro line 5 (also called the Ring line because it circles all around Moscow connecting the different lines together) to Komsomolskaya (3rd stop anti-clockwise) and once you leave this station you should see the tall Hilton Leningradskaya hotel a 10 minute walk away.

Moscow metro map can be found linked at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Metro (though new lines etc have been added which are not shown in that version as yet) - on that - Moscow metro is the second most busiest metro system in the world after Tokyo and some of the metro stations are really beautiful - so definitely worth exploring!!

Regarding Internet - it is available in the lounge via two PCs there, not sure about own laptop, while in your room there is a charge last time I was there (Nov last year).

Breakfast can also be had in the lounge which is pretty good.
Thanks very much for your prompt and accurate response Naitkris, and thanks also Gatemando.

Last edited by more4less; Feb 6, 2010 at 9:57 pm
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:05 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
3 adults?

Are the rooms large enough to accommodate 3 adults? Will a roll-away be able to squeeze in?
Old Feb 11, 2010, 2:59 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by zakami
Are the rooms large enough to accommodate 3 adults? Will a roll-away be able to squeeze in?
Room I had wasn't big enough to squeeze rollaway unless small table would be removed.

Room didn't feel small because it had very high ceilings. 4 meters or so. It had only a shower in bathroom, no bath.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:12 am

Programs: SU Silver, LH Senator
The best idea will be to call them directly during regular hours(i.e. from 8am to 8pm), this way they will provide all the info and you won't have to either guess or worry. Of course, if the person on the phone will be proficient in English and will understand what he's asked.
Totally forgot :
never:
a) get the cab from the guys who offer it to you in the airport when you exit through customs - it never ends good. Either they want you ro pay 3x the price(in this case there's an administrator, who collects the money from you, then puts you into cab, gives 1/3rd of the money to the driver and off you go.he makes a living on administering those cabs and taking daily payments from taxi drivers so they could work with him), or they say some average price and then bump it up en route, or they say, f.e, 30rubles/km(1$/km), and when you arrive it turns out that you've traveled 100km's(which are 50 in fact), but theif odometer is intentionally overclocked, and as you're a tourist, there's nothing you can do. Either order a cab somewhere, or get the train.

Last edited by Cross_X; Feb 11, 2010 at 3:22 am
Old Feb 11, 2010, 6:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
If you're diamond they're pretty good about giving large rooms. The last couple of times mine has been large enough for five. If you select the Diamond free internet option for Hilton brand they also give it in the room. The lounge computers are usually occupied.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
Just back from a lovely award stay at the Hilton Moscow. As a Diamond, we got upgraded to a spacious Executive room. The bathroom was spacious as well, with tub and separate shower. The Executive Lounge was great, the food offerings throughout the day were nice. There are 2 computers in the Executive Lounge for use. While I was there there was no problem getting a turn to use them.

We arrived SVO and took the aeroexpress + metro to the hotel. It was quite simple. I didn't mind the location of the hotel. I loved the cash exchange machine in the lobby, very convenient.

All in all I had a great time in Moscow.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: NZ, QF
Hi, does anyone know the email address of Hilton Moscow's reservation desk? I've a specific question about making a booking that I want to ask on email but can't find one. Thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by KeepDiscovering
Hi, does anyone know the email address of Hilton Moscow's reservation desk? I've a specific question about making a booking that I want to ask on email but can't find one. Thanks.
Not sure but maybe this will help, it is listed on hotel brochure:

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.