Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya {RUS}

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya {RUS}

Old Dec 27, 02, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; A3 Gold; Marriott LTT Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Arrow Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya {RUS}

I am a lowly Hilton Gold, and considering a hotel program for the next year, as I will probably become Platinum/Diamond, depending on the program.
Here is my deciding factor: I am trying to save up points to redeem at a Moscow hotel (as in Moscow, Russia, not Moscow, Idaho) in the mid 2004. I know that Hilton had plans to construct their hotel in Moscow, but when? Sheraton has been there for a while now... I dont want to do Marriott or Hyatt..., so if anybody here hhas heard something about Hilton plans for Moscow location, or maybe someone works for Hilton and has any insight, please let me know. Thanks
Old Dec 31, 02, 1:05 am
Original Member

I don't see Hilton in Moscow any time soon. Highly suggest you rethink about Marriott since they have the largest presence in Moscow compliments of the Mayor of Moscow.
Old Dec 31, 02, 8:21 am

The Marriott's in Moscow are very fine hotels and would choose them over the Sheraton every time. I have heard that the Radisson is good too, but have never stayed there.
Old Dec 31, 02, 9:05 am

Hilton Bolshoi Moscow was supposed to open in 2001, but the plans have been scrapped for now.

All Marriotts are quite good in Moscow, and I would choose any one of them (with the exception of Renaissance) over the Radisson any day. Sheraton is OK too, definitely beats the Radisson. If you have a status with SPG, it might be another option to consider.
Old May 22, 04, 12:26 am

I've heard there's supposed to be a Hilton opening in Moscow in 2004. Anyone know if this is fact or fiction and if so when it will open and where it will be?
Old May 22, 04, 5:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Eugene
Sheraton is OK too, definitely beats the Radisson. If you have a status with SPG, it might be another option to consider.

There's a relatively unflattering review of the Sheraton in Moscow over on the Starwoood Forum right now, particularly with regards to upgrades for status....
Old May 22, 04, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Hilton Moscow info

There was a hotel "Intourist" next to Le Meridien "National" hotel, which is the closest hotel to Kremlin in Moscow at the moment as hotel "Moscow" (which is/was located practicaly on the Red Sqauer) is closed and will be demolished soon. Hilot baught the land after "Intourist" has been demolished last year (beginning). Since then place is still a construction sight and for more then 8 months I think you can't see any movement on the sight - looks like it's on hold. Information banners on the fence says that this construction site will have Hilton hotel there and all works will be finished June 2005.

I got a job connected with foreigners coming to Moscow all the time, so here's the list of the best chain hotels we have. Please let me know if I can help more.

- Hyatt Ararat - newply opened last year - awesome design, great rooms, amaizing roof top bar etc...
- Baltchug Kempinski
- Marriott Aurora
- Marriott Grand
- Sheraton Palace Moscow
- Mariott Tverskaya
- Radisson SAS Slavyanskaya
Old May 22, 04, 4:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks, RussianGuy!

We're hoping the Hilton will be a good one...

Meantime, which hotel would you recommend near the major sights, like Red Square / Kremlin?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by RussianGuy
There was a hotel "Intourist" next to Le Meridien "National" hotel, which is the closest hotel to Kremlin in Moscow at the moment as hotel "Moscow" (which is/was located practicaly on the Red Sqauer) is closed and will be demolished soon. Hilot baught the land after "Intourist" has been demolished last year (beginning). Since then place is still a construction sight and for more then 8 months I think you can't see any movement on the sight - looks like it's on hold. Information banners on the fence says that this construction site will have Hilton hotel there and all works will be finished June 2005.

I got a job connected with foreigners coming to Moscow all the time, so here's the list of the best chain hotels we have. Please let me know if I can help more.

- Hyatt Ararat - newply opened last year - awesome design, great rooms, amaizing roof top bar etc...
- Baltchug Kempinski
- Marriott Aurora
- Marriott Grand
- Sheraton Palace Moscow
- Mariott Tverskaya
- Radisson SAS Slavyanskaya
Old May 22, 04, 5:29 pm

I was at the Park Hyatt Ararat last month and would definitely agree with RussianGuy that this is the top property. (I also saw the Marriott and Kempinski, but Hyatt IMO is nicer with better location.) You are no more than a 5 minute walk from Kremlin, Red Square, GUM dept. store, etc., the hotel is new, the staff is extremely helpful, rooms are nice (but expensive), good restaurants, and good security. Like the other hotels, they also provide hotel car pickup at both airports (it's around $90.00 one-way from SVO, but worth it to avoid the hassle), and will provide you with a letter of invitation for your visa.
Old May 22, 04, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Snoopy
There's a relatively unflattering review of the Sheraton in Moscow over on the Starwoood Forum right now, particularly with regards to upgrades for status....
Yes, I read that thread in the Starwood Forum. When I posted the above about Sheraton in Moscow, I was not talking about chances of getting a status-based upgrade, but rather simply about an opportunity to get a stay credit. Also, my statement about Sheraton Moscow being much better than the Radisson there is as valid now as it was when I first posted it a year and a half ago...

I also want to chime in agreement with the previous posters on the ranking of Moscow hotels. Park Hyatt Ararat would be my first choice (provided cost is not a factor), followed by Marriott Aurora (located within 5 minutes walking distance from Park Hyatt), then Marriott Grand. I have not seen the insides of Baltchug Kempinski, so no personal opinion on that one.

Radisson Slavyanskaya and Renaissance would be on the bottom of my list of major Western chain hotels in Moscow, both location wise and quality of accomodation.
Old May 30, 04, 2:49 pm

Ararat Park Hyatt definitely is the first choice in Moscow at the moment!
Old Jun 1, 04, 12:39 am

The Hyatt is certainly a nice hotel. But also very modern.

If you want something with more of a classical Russian feel that really reminds you that you are in Russia, look at the National or the Metropole, both of which are located very close to Red Square. I have seen some very good rates for the National via travelaxe (www.travelaxe.com)...
Old Jul 5, 04, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
Here's an interesting article that google found for me:

http://english.mn.ru/english/issue.php?2003-24-7
Old Jul 5, 04, 7:01 pm

Meanwhile I e-mailed the woman in charge of international Hilton customer service and asked about plans for a Moscow Hilton, and she said that at the present time there are no plans to build one (the e-mail was a couple weeks ago).
Old Dec 17, 05, 1:18 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
I was perusing a Fodor's Moscow book and noticed a reference to the Hilton Moscow opening at the end of 2005. Anyone know anything more? Thanks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: