Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

San Francisco Hilton Financial District {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco Hilton Financial District {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by sethb
If the hotel is full, and nobody paid to upgrade, somebody will be put in those rooms. I've heard of non-status people getting large suites in those circumstances (late arrival, that's all the hotel had left); not at this hotel, of course.
I have never received a suite upgrade at the FD Hilton as a diamond (same BS story of being sold out of suites and only having a few suites, etc). In fact I haven't received a suite upgrade in 2015 at any Hilton with the exception of my stay this weekend at the HGVC in Vegas where suite upgrades aren't even technically a benefit.

I like that you can get soda 24/7 but other than that I prefer the SF Hilton. They'll at least upgrade you if they can if suites are available and the breakfast benefit for diamonds is pretty good (even better if they give you the full buffet). If I'm travelling solo on a weekend when their lounge is only open for breakfast at the FD, I prefer the SF Hilton. Better breakfast and I use the 2nd breakfast voucher at starbucks later in the day. Unfortunately there aren't that many Hilton choices in SF
Old Feb 20, 2015, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Now there's the Parc 55. I'll be there next month and report on it.

The Fishermans Wharf Hilton is now the Pier 2620 Hotel.

The Hampton is still "coming soon". I wonder if it will make it a full year from its originally scheduled opening. I have no idea what the delay is for.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by sethb
Now there's the Parc 55. I'll be there next month and report on it.

The Fishermans Wharf Hilton is now the Pier 2620 Hotel.

The Hampton is still "coming soon". I wonder if it will make it a full year from its originally scheduled opening. I have no idea what the delay is for.
Great news about parc 55. It's my fav hotel in sf and will be great getting hilton benefits there now. A lot nicer than o'farrell street
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
If someone pays for Nor-1, I am sure they would still get access. The former policy was gold's could get access if they paid for Nor-1 (which they should) and that is the only reason I would pay extra for an exec floor.
i've selected the nor1 option for a junior suite....it says nothing about lounge access....here is what the description says:

1 King Bed Junior Suite , 530 sq. ft.

Oversized windows feature sweeping views of the city and bay.
Relax and unwind with the junior suite living room and wet bar.
The dual shower, including a rainfall shower head, will leave you hydrated and refreshed.
has anyone used this option & did they have access to the lounge????
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by Keyser
i've selected the nor1 option for a junior suite....it says nothing about lounge access....here is what the description says:

has anyone used this option & did they have access to the lounge????
Suites don't come with guaranteed lounge access unless they are on the exec floors at any Hilton. Some properties give anyone in a paid suite lounge access, but it isn't a guaranteed benefit and YMMV property by property.

If you do a Nor-1 for an Exec Level room and it clears, you will have lounge access. If lounge access is important to you then I would recommend booking an exec level room or using Nor-1 and hoping for an upgrade.

As a gold you will get two breakfast vouchers each day and you and one adult guest can access the cloud lounge and wouldn't bother paying to be on an exec floor, I don't think their lounge is that great that I would pay a lot of money for the access.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
The cloud on the exec lounge page sounds interesting. I don't remember that and it says all gold's and diamond's and one guest have access. I wonder if they have any snack's or coffee/soda. For gold's not on the exec floor, I would think this would be an enhancement since they don't get EL access anyway. I noticed they mention the member and one guest 18 and over can enter so that should help with overcrowding and it must be adult only.

I don't understand why Hilton just doesn't stop giving exec level upgrades to gold if they won't have access to the lounge. At the SF FD Hilton, IIRC there isn't any difference in the exec level rooms than non-exec. Maybe it's a way to receive more revenue from Gold's if they will get access if they pay for a NOR-1.

Hilton gives out gold status like crazy so this isn't a surprise. I would be furious if I was a gold that earned the status since it requires a lot of stays. Instead of making cuts like this, Hilton should stop giving out gold status by just having a credit card and reward those people that give them a lot of business.
The Cloud is interesting. It is right off the lobby and has a person at the door to check if you are Gold or Dia.

inside is a massive TV screen with stadium style seating. At the back of the room were 5 or 6 massage chairs.

You can order food and drinks from the bar/restaurant to be delivered. I don't really see the purpose of it to be honest.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:47 am

A little bit off-topic, but I was looking into booking three nights in SF in September using HHonors points.
I'm looking into Sept 16-19. For my complete surprise the first two nights are completely full, there's only availability on the night of the 18th to 19.
What's happening in SF on that week? Even during Disrupt SF the week after (21-23) there's availability.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by shawn67
Exactly.

As my dad used to say "It'll be two cold days in hell with an ice cream social to celebrate" before an HH Gold gets a complimentary upgrade to the executive floors.

It doesn't mean Golds won't get complimentary upgrades: The Hilton SF Financial District has "premium rooms" on floors 20-23 with great views of The Bay, and I'm sure a NOR-1 upgrade to the executive level will not be a problem. But complementary to the Executive Floors? Forget about it.
I think I'll go see if there's any ice cream in the lounge.

Was able to do online check-in for an executive floor room (admittedly occupancy must be quite low ahead of the holiday, judging from the rates). Front desk took it a step further and offered to find an executive room with a better view if we could wait a bit, so we took a walk and within 30 minutes had a call from the hotel that the room was ready. So far, so good.

Adding on: We ended up in a bay view executive room. Had originally booked a -25 room but the front desk agent noted that those don't have as many windows as other lines (confirming a point I'd seen on Tripadvisor), so he switched us to a -21. Rooms are on the small side, and walls are thin. But it's clean and functional, and with the view and the lounge access on a $139 rate we were happy.

And The Cloud doesn't seem to be Gold/Diamond-specific anymore, or at least it wasn't last week. The door was wide open and I never saw anyone checking.

Last edited by Calcifer; Nov 30, 2015 at 6:54 pm
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Trying to pick a Hilton for an off-peak weekend stay (February). Reviews of the other Hiltons in SF here are all pretty dreadful. Am I missing something?

Does HHonors just not really have a truly premium hotel in San Francisco?

I'll be doing my stay in Feb as a Gold. Using the award certificates so wouldn't be adverse to a NOR-1 if there's value there. Otherwise, San Francisco's not a bad place to have to forage outside the hotel for breakfast...
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
Trying to pick a Hilton for an off-peak weekend stay (February). Reviews of the other Hiltons in SF here are all pretty dreadful. Am I missing something?

At least not that I've found! Though I've always felt the FD property to be perfectly fine. No, no huge suites or extravagant perks, but great location, clean rooms with great views, professional staff, and an EL that I've always found to be one of the best in the US (I realize the risk of not getting in as a gold, though I did in the past).

San Francisco's not a bad place to have to forage outside the hotel for breakfast...
Yeah, even after a full hotel breakfast, I still find myself tempted to walk about 2 blocks and double up on some great dim sum.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll be doing my stay in Feb as a Gold. Using the award certificates so wouldn't be adverse to a NOR-1 if there's value there. Otherwise, San Francisco's not a bad place to have to forage outside the hotel for breakfast...
I really like the parc 55. I used to stay there when it was a Wyndham and renessance in the past even though the sf Hilton was down the street just because I liked the property and how close it was to Bart and muni

I was able to get matched last week to Hyatt diamond with the Twitter offer so all my sf next year will probably be at Hyatt
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others

They're all (I've stayed at Parc 55, Hilton Union Square, Hilton Chinatown (Financial District)) pretty good, none is great.

Union Square is an older hotel, has renovated a lot of rooms. No lounge any more, unfortunately (it was a really nice space).

I haven't been at the Chinatown since the last set of changes in the Lounge(s). Rooms are fine; as a Diamond, upgrades are very rare (even to high floors).
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:45 pm

Ok, I'm comparing the SF FD to the SF Union Square hotels. It looks like with the 'devaluation' of Diamonds at SF Union Square (no free hot breakfast, need $10 upgrade although YMMV), that the FD breakfast is now on par or a bit better?

Plus, with the lounge that FD has, that Union Square does not, does staying at the FD make more sense as a Diamond member?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Ok, I'm comparing the SF FD to the SF Union Square hotels. It looks like with the 'devaluation' of Diamonds at SF Union Square (no free hot breakfast, need $10 upgrade although YMMV), that the FD breakfast is now on par or a bit better?

Plus, with the lounge that FD has, that Union Square does not, does staying at the FD make more sense as a Diamond member?
The locations are different enough that elite benefits, although important, should not be the ONLY factor considered. YMMV.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:19 pm

Hi all,

I'm visiting the SF Financial District hotel on July 4th. It was a very last-minute booking as we happen to be in the area. Does anybody think that the Executive Lounge will be open? Does it have any decent views of the city/bay towards any fireworks that might be happening?

Simon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.