Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:53 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
One has to request LP, it is always available.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by ashkale
One has to request LP, it is always available.
Maybe, but there’s a big difference between the fridge on 31st floor and the ice buckets on 4th floor being fully stocked with LP, and the lounge hosts walking around with bottles of LP for top ups, and the situation now of those being replaced with Chandon. Available on request is not the same as always available in my mind, and I don’t really want to have to make the special request.
Cynicor likes this.

Last edited by EGW1; Apr 1, 2019 at 9:52 am
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
I'll report back. I love a suite but if I don't, it's not a big deal. We land at 5:30am from SFO so I'll be happier if our room was ready and have access to the lounges
Reporting back that we didn’t get upgraded to a suite. We were very pleased that room was available (25th floor) at ~7:00am, and lounges were available to us that morning. Requested and granted a 2pm late check out. Overall a great stay.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by shawneve
Just to confirm, the hotel specifically said a Premium room will get Exec Lounge access regardless of upgrade?
I am going in the summer and have a good corporate rate on a Premium room and I am Gold with Hilton.
I am Titanium with Marriott and was considering Marriott South Beach, where I definitely have lounge access, but knowing I would get Lounge access at the Conrad, might tip the scales to this property.

Anyone else have any opinion on Marriott South Beach vs Conrad?
A couple of years ago I stay at the JW South Beach. I like the Conrad better. The JW's rooms are small and rather odd. And the lounge is also odd. (Maybe they've changed) IIRC, there is one large table if the smaller tables are full. The Conrad is closer to MRT stations. There's a longish outdoor walk to the closest MRT to the JW. Others may disagree with me.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:15 pm

I've not stayed but isn't the nearest MRT city hall station, which the JW is practically on top of, and houses green and red lines which go to the main spots as they are the oldest lines?

If not right above, must be nearby I would have thought!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Conrad is near Promenade MRT, JW is as near Esplanade MRT, which is brand new. I’m fairly regular at both, and truthfully it comes down to which brand you prefer and if you need nights / points etc. I’ve had really good upgrades at the JW, and the suites are huge, standard rooms less so. That said, the JW has a lovely spa area with steam, sauna, relaxation chairs etc (Conrad doesn’t) and the lounge is more expansive than Conrad. JW is also closer to City Hall for malls eateries etc (Millenia Walk, Marina Square near Conrad don’t really compare).

For me I stay at Conrad as it’s super convenient for work (Downtown), and although I wouldn’t take the MRT to work (I find the walk too long / hot in a suit), returning from work is fine. The food at Conrad has the edge I think, and the rooms are more traditionally sophisticated whereas the JW is more edgy / trendy.

Both are great...if I wanted a guaranteed easy experience and on business only, I’d go for Conrad. If I had some leisure time built in, I’d probably go for the JW, and I often do when I need Bonvoy nights/points or have weekend to relax and explore (I really like walking around the National Gallery, which is closer to the JW).

p.s I’m not sure a Premium Room guarantees lounge access at the Conrad, that might be worth an email to confirm...and the ultimate decider would be cost, as to me the JW is not worth more than the Conrad and vice versa (my corporate rates are the same for both).

Last edited by EGW1; Apr 3, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by manneca
A couple of years ago I stay at the JW South Beach. I like the Conrad better. The JW's rooms are small and rather odd. And the lounge is also odd. (Maybe they've changed) IIRC, there is one large table if the smaller tables are full. The Conrad is closer to MRT stations. There's a longish outdoor walk to the closest MRT to the JW. Others may disagree with me.
Originally Posted by Cynicor
I've not stayed but isn't the nearest MRT city hall station, which the JW is practically on top of, and houses green and red lines which go to the main spots as they are the oldest lines?

If not right above, must be nearby I would have thought!
The JW is a short, entirely covered walk from Esplanade station. The Conrad is a partly covered/partly open walk to Promenade station. Their distances from their respective closest stations is approximately equal.

You our can walk from the JW to City Hall (entirely underground/indoors if you wish) in about 8 minutes if brisk.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by User Name

The JW is a short, entirely covered walk from Esplanade station. The Conrad is a partly covered/partly open walk to Promenade station. Their distances from their respective closest stations is approximately equal.

You our can walk from the JW to City Hall (entirely underground/indoors if you wish) in about 8 minutes if brisk.

Correct! I would just add not to underestimate how warm it can be walking from the Conrad to Promenade (and then Promenade station itself is very warm until you get past the barriers and down the escalators into the station). For me, hotel to platform would be around 7-10 mins, which is uncomfortable in a suit. The walk to Esplanade is as you say covered, and Esplanade station being brand new is a lot cooler once inside in my experience (you can also exit the JW via the lifts at the spa, meaning the walk from hotel to platform is around 4 mins). 99% of the time, there is a taxi or three waiting outside the Conrad...whereas I've never seen one waiting at JW, meaning you have to book.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
There is actually a covered walk to the Promenade station from the Conrad. You need to go down to the basement car park, cut through it, and exit at the basement of the Millennia Walk mall where it is linked to the station. Not quite straightforward, but handy for rainy or humid days, etc. But IMHO, JW has the better location for public transport.

I have stayed at both the Conrad and the JW, love both, but have to give the slight edge to the Conrad. JW has the more wow factor, but the rooms are small. I like that the JW lounge is very large, but there is no view to speak of, and service is better at the Conrad (to me at least).
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I'm also curious about the guaranteed lounge access to Golds booking the Premium room category. I just booked some Premium rooms during the flash sale this past weekend. If we get lounge access, I guess I don't really care about the room upgrade since all the non-suites are the same size (?) - just different floors and decor, right?

I also assume I should change Myway benefit from breakfast to points, since breakfast is already included for this room category?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by work2fly
I'm also curious about the guaranteed lounge access to Golds booking the Premium room category. I just booked some Premium rooms during the flash sale this past weekend. If we get lounge access, I guess I don't really care about the room upgrade since all the non-suites are the same size (?) - just different floors and decor, right?

I also assume I should change Myway benefit from breakfast to points, since breakfast is already included for this room category?
not even different decor as far as i’m aware - all rooms across the various categories are essentially the same, some have a different window design due to the structure of the building, and the corner rooms have a slightly different layout (I personally prefer a corner room, as I don’t really watch TV so prefer the bed facing the windows, whereas in all other rooms the bed faces the TV, with the windows to the side of the bed).
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott

The hotel site does not describe Premium Rooms as offering lounge access so AFAIK there is no guarantee that Golds will be given that privilege. Access would depend on being upgraded to an Executive Room (which is quite well possible but not guaranteed).
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rhu171
There is actually a covered walk to the Promenade station from the Conrad. You need to go down to the basement car park, cut through it, and exit at the basement of the Millennia Walk mall where it is linked to the station. Not quite straightforward, but handy for rainy or humid days, etc. But IMHO, JW has the better location for public transport.

Or walk across the street from the main Conrad entrance and enter the mall that way.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by sbams
The hotel site does not describe Premium Rooms as offering lounge access so AFAIK there is no guarantee that Golds will be given that privilege. Access would depend on being upgraded to an Executive Room (which is quite well possible but not guaranteed).
Yes, the upgrade would guarantee the lounge access. It was reported up thread that it's hotel policy to provide the access even if the upgrade isn't available. I should have clarified my question was pertaining strictly to hotel policy and not corporate policy.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich

hmm yes breakfast is included in Premium room category but it’s at Lounge by the pool level 4 and not Oscar’s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.