Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 4:28 pm

It’s possible. No sensors last time I stayed, but you can always ask them to clear it or explain that you moved stuff.
kvan likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by kvan
Staying here in a week. Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to keep a bottle of wine or a carton of milk in the mini-fridge? or is it one of those sensor-types where if you move something you get charged for it?
I do it every time. No sensors, never had a problem.
kvan likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:15 pm

We’re here now. What a great place. Had booked a Grand Deluxe King and we were upgraded to an Exec King on the 31st floor with a fine view of the marina area. The staff here is almost overwhelmingly friendly and helpful. Really nice pool perfect for lap swimming. Breakfast in the lounge is really nice and much more peaceful than the scene at Oscar’s. We are very happy to have chosen this place to stay.
Hippo72 and Cynicor like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:27 pm

So great to hear. I stay quite a bit and I think have gotten a bit blasé about the place. Even though I got married there.
they are good staff generally.
thirdpassport likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
We’re here now. What a great place. Had booked a Grand Deluxe King and we were upgraded to an Exec King on the 31st floor with a fine view of the marina area. The staff here is almost overwhelmingly friendly and helpful. Really nice pool perfect for lap swimming. Breakfast in the lounge is really nice and much more peaceful than the scene at Oscar’s. We are very happy to have chosen this place to stay.
Well I want my noodle soup for breakfast, so Oscar's it is..

Originally Posted by Cynicor
So great to hear. I stay quite a bit and I think have gotten a bit blasé about the place. Even though I got married there.
they are good staff generally.
As for the staff, I used to stay there quite a bit pre-covid. What I gathered is that there was a lot of "hands on" training happening there, before many received a longer term assignments at another Conrad property.
Cynicor likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 6:07 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I continue to have issues with the inability to "like" posts in certain HH threads, such as this one, so please allow me to shower the recent comments/updates with many appreciative "likes" now.
kvan and thirdpassport like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:04 pm

Which Hilton property should one choose in Singapore with Hilton Diamond status?
Conrad Singapore Orchard
Hilton Singapore Orchard
Hilton Garden Inn Singapore Serangoon
Conrad Centennial Singapore
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:17 pm

None based on status alone. What’s the point of the trip? Where do you need to be?
if I was to be at Suntec every day I wouldn’t stay in the orchard properties
JJeffrey and kosy91 like this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 1:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by palciparum
Which Hilton property should one choose in Singapore with Hilton Diamond status?
Conrad Singapore Orchard
Hilton Singapore Orchard
Hilton Garden Inn Singapore Serangoon
Conrad Centennial Singapore
As mentioned above, you shouldn’t select a hotel based on status. Figure out which area you want to stay and select accordingly. Obviously Conrads are generally much better than Hiltons and significantly better than Garden Inn. You can’t make a comparison across these three brands.

I’ve stayed at Centennial. Very nice hotel and well located. Breakfast in the restaurant is very good although it can be a zoo at peak times. Exec Lounge is also good with decent drinks and canapes in the eve.

Both Conrads are running a 4th night free offer under Impresario program and that should really help bring down the price point.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by kosy91
As mentioned above, you shouldn’t select a hotel based on status. Figure out which area you want to stay and select accordingly. Obviously Conrads are generally much better than Hiltons and significantly better than Garden Inn. You can’t make a comparison across these three brands.

I’ve stayed at Centennial. Very nice hotel and well located. Breakfast in the restaurant is very good although it can be a zoo at peak times. Exec Lounge is also good with decent drinks and canapes in the eve.

Both Conrads are running a 4th night free offer under Impresario program and that should really help bring down the price point.
Can I join Impresario program? Is there a fees for it? Any similar program for Curio or other Hilton colelction as I have 3 and 4 day stays coming.

I am visiting Singapore for 2 days with family - 2 adults and teenager. Usually stay at Hilton hoping Diamond status gets me some sort of upgrade and free breakfast (Curio in Sydney said they will give only continental breakfast for Diamond (and that too for 2 people only, I have to pay for 3rd person/child) and have to pay AUD10 extra per person if I want buffet. No executive lounge in Curio).

I have Hilton Aspire card and Hilton gives me USD 100 for 2 night stay when booked with Hilton Aspire card through special link. However they increase th rate.

If I book Conrad Centennial directly, I pay SGD 423(Honors Discount) per night for Deluxe King room - 2 nights is SGD 1014.35 including fees and Taxes = USD 750. I will earn 750 x 14 = 9800 points = USD 52.5 back from points v/s I can book with Honors points 70,000 per night x 2 = 140,000 points = USD 700 (0.5 cents per point). They seem equitable.

If I book Conrad Centennial with special link for Hilton aspire card benefit - it does not give me Honors rate but special Conrad jacked up rate of SGD 450 per night = 2 nights is SGD 1079.1 with fees and taxes = USD 797. So I have to pay more upfront. Then I will get USD 100 credit back (I guess I have to charge it to my room for food - may be have lunch or dinner for 3 people as should get free breakfast.) USD 797 - 100 = 697 which is cheaper than above but I am stuck spending USD 100 at hotel even if I don't want to.

Wondering which hotel and choose between cash booking v/s book using points?

Last edited by palciparum; Apr 10, 2024 at 2:48 pm
Old Apr 10, 2024, 3:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by palciparum
Can I join Impresario program? Is there a fees for it? Any similar program for Curio or other Hilton colelction as I have 3 and 4 day stays coming.

I am visiting Singapore for 2 days with family - 2 adults and teenager. Usually stay at Hilton hoping Diamond status gets me some sort of upgrade and free breakfast (Curio in Sydney said they will give only continental breakfast for Diamond (and that too for 2 people only, I have to pay for 3rd person/child) and have to pay AUD10 extra per person if I want buffet. No executive lounge in Curio).

I have Hilton Aspire card and Hilton gives me USD 100 for 2 night stay when booked with Hilton Aspire card through special link. However they increase th rate.

If I book Conrad Centennial directly, I pay SGD 423(Honors Discount) per night for Deluxe King room - 2 nights is SGD 1014.35 including fees and Taxes = USD 750. I will earn 750 x 14 = 9800 points = USD 52.5 back from points v/s I can book with Honors points 70,000 per night x 2 = 140,000 points = USD 700 (0.5 cents per point). They seem equitable.

If I book Conrad Centennial with special link for Hilton aspire card benefit - it does not give me Honors rate but special Conrad jacked up rate of SGD 450 per night = 2 nights is SGD 1079.1 with fees and taxes = USD 797. So I have to pay more upfront. Then I will get USD 100 credit back (I guess I have to charge it to my room for food - may be have lunch or dinner for 3 people as should get free breakfast.) USD 797 - 100 = 697 which is cheaper than above but I am stuck spending USD 100 at hotel even if I don't want to.

Wondering which hotel and choose between cash booking v/s book using points?
Hi. Impresario is a program available to select luxury travel agents. If you can DM me and let me know the dates and I can let you know what the rate is and you can compare with what you are getting. With Impresario, you get full breakfast, hotel credit and double Hilton points etc.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 5:59 pm

You can also get 4th night free with the special rate code PBBOG1. I just returned from a stay using it.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by kosy91
Hi. Impresario is a program available to select luxury travel agents. If you can DM me and let me know the dates and I can let you know what the rate is and you can compare with what you are getting. With Impresario, you get full breakfast, hotel credit and double Hilton points etc.
I have only 2 night stay in Singapore.

I have 4 night stay in Sydney but only Curio and Hilton in Sydney.

I guess no program or special code for Hilton or Curio

Thank You
Old Apr 10, 2024, 7:07 pm

You can also get 4th night free with the special rate code PBBOG1. I just returned from a stay using it.

Thanks this will help me for future stays.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 7:33 pm

You won’t be able to fit 4 into a king room. What’s the plan there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.