Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson {US-WY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson {US-WY}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Really, where at? Which property?
Well, I believe it was to be the Jackson Hole Lodge but all references seem to have been removed except preliminary webpages by hotel booking companies. Perhaps the deal fell through.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:08 pm

Great review!

Is this still the only chain property around Jackson?

Kitchen equipped with pans etc?

4 of us Staying there on Sunday in a 2 doubles suite. I'll call to make sure that i'll get a sleeper sofa...

Last edited by vickh; Jul 7, 2011 at 9:35 pm
Old Jul 7, 2011, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vickh
Great review!

Is this still the only chain property around Jackson?

Kitchen equipped with pans etc?

4 of us Staying there on Sunday in a 2 doubles suite. I'll call to make sure that i'll get a sleeper sofa...
Yes, until the Marriott mentioned above opens. Jackson/Jackson Hole is so expensive, so a good place to use pts.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Airtran A+ Elite
Originally Posted by BLazarus22
That's where I stayed last year. I agree it is perfect location but I was hoping to try something new and different. Trying to break the trend of going to Vail Resorts.

I saw the $3 shuttle I just didn't know if the hotel offered something on site/different from the city's transit system.
You could always stay somewhere in Salt Lake City or the Hampton Inn in Park City(never stayed there, just know how easy it is to get around Park City without a car). You can get to the resorts in the canyons east of Salt Lake City in about 30 minutes if you stay in town and there is even a pass that will give you a discount on lift passes and include riding the city bus ski shuttle. http://www.visitsaltlake.com/ski/
Old Jul 10, 2011, 3:44 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
You should know that come later this year or next, there will be a Courtyard by Marriott opening up -- a conversion from a pre-existing hotel.
Just did a Google search to get the details--could not find anything.

If true--a real disappointent from the standpoint of being a Marriott Platinum--CY are the worst of the Marriott properties. Bland rooms, no free breakfast.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by westau
You could always stay somewhere in Salt Lake City or the Hampton Inn in Park City(never stayed there, just know how easy it is to get around Park City without a car). You can get to the resorts in the canyons east of Salt Lake City in about 30 minutes if you stay in town and there is even a pass that will give you a discount on lift passes and include riding the city bus ski shuttle. http://www.visitsaltlake.com/ski/
SLC is one of the best ski towns for accessibility and cheap hotels IMO.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by BLazarus22
Has anyone stayed here for skiing? I am curious as to how long the shuttle ride in the morning is, fare cost, and whether staying in town is the better option?
We did a week of skiing there in 2010 and it was awesome. You don't need a rental car at all. They have a free shuttle from the airport during the day. Our plane got there late and their shuttle driver had left for the night, so they sent a taxi fo us and paid for it!!

We also took their free shuttle to the mountain each day and it was convenient. If you miss it, or want to be on a different schedule, you can take the public bus for $3. Bus rides in town are free, as we took it to the grocery store one night. We were the only ones on the bus and the driver was very friendly. There are plenty of restaurants in town that are within walking distance. We also walked to the elk refuge and did the horse drawn sleigh ride. We did a snowmobile tour through Yellowstone and they picked us up at the hotel as well. The fireplaces in the rooms are great for drying your gloves.

I highly recommend this hotel for a ski trip to Jackson. We stayed at Homewood suites in SLC this year and it was great, but the Utah resorts were so much more crowded than Jackson. Another place I want to try is the Hampton Inn at Steamboat Springs, Co. I have heard a car is not necessary for that trip either.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by dmb276
We did a week of skiing there in 2010 and it was awesome. You don't need a rental car at all. They have a free shuttle from the airport during the day. Our plane got there late and their shuttle driver had left for the night, so they sent a taxi fo us and paid for it!!

We also took their free shuttle to the mountain each day and it was convenient. If you miss it, or want to be on a different schedule, you can take the public bus for $3. Bus rides in town are free, as we took it to the grocery store one night. We were the only ones on the bus and the driver was very friendly. There are plenty of restaurants in town that are within walking distance. We also walked to the elk refuge and did the horse drawn sleigh ride. We did a snowmobile tour through Yellowstone and they picked us up at the hotel as well. The fireplaces in the rooms are great for drying your gloves.

I highly recommend this hotel for a ski trip to Jackson. We stayed at Homewood suites in SLC this year and it was great, but the Utah resorts were so much more crowded than Jackson. Another place I want to try is the Hampton Inn at Steamboat Springs, Co. I have heard a car is not necessary for that trip either.
That's all I need to hear. You've sold me on a trip. Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:29 pm

Did you enjoy the milk and cookies?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Did you enjoy the milk and cookies?
Haha...we made them bake more one night because they ran out and we couldn't go to bed without our cookies!
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:19 pm

Haha...we made them bake more one night because they ran out and we couldn't go to bed without our cookies!
They are delicious. I think we made 3 trips to the 1st floor to "pick up brochures".
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:50 am

Thinking about this place for a ski trip. Initially we were thinking about staying in the village just to be closer to the hill.

Do any of these suites have two beds instead of one king? Looking to try and get 3 people into one...
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by utl567
Do any of these suites have two beds instead of one king? Looking to try and get 3 people into one...
yes.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 9:33 am
Community Director Emerita

We were happy to have booked this hotel pre-devaluation at 40K points per night. It is now 70K points per night. This is peak season, and rooms are running at $350. It drops after early Sept. There is also a Hampton Inn. It is selling for $330 tonight.

We're certainly happy to have such an expensive property on pre-deval points. However, their bed sizes are not as advertised. We were initially in a "queen bed" suite. In fact, it was a double bed with barely enough room around it to get in and out of the room. We spoke to another guest who had paid $350 and was livid over being given a double bed. We asked for a larger bed the second night. We were given what they call a king bed but is in fact a queen bed.

Most of the hotels in town are old style and open directly from the room to the outside. We prefer what we have. The town is really buzzing and it's good to book restaurants for dinner.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
However, their bed sizes are not as advertised. We were initially in a "queen bed" suite. In fact, it was a double bed with barely enough room around it to get in and out of the room. We spoke to another guest who had paid $350 and was livid over being given a double bed. We asked for a larger bed the second night. We were given what they call a king bed but is in fact a queen bed.
At home I have a wondrous Cal King bed.

If I have a choice between booking a hotel into deceiving its customers about the actual bed they will enjoy or staying home--I'll choose the latter.

Or better yet--I'll go somewhere else to a hotel and brand that delivers on its promises.

I've had it with Hilton overall delivering much less than other major chains every which way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.