Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston/Dedham {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2006, 3:26 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Just completed a stay at the Hilton Dedham. As a Gold elite I was given a room on the fourth floor at the far end of the property overlooking the tennis courts and a quiet wooded area.

As for the "pros", I'll go along with emw9000 in that the room was clean and well appointed, and the property had nice workout facilities. Also as a Gold, was given vouchers for two for a full buffet breakfast all three days of my stay.

Can't agree with all the cons though. The service in the restaurant was prompt and cheerful (perhaps due more to the waitress I had), and I found the front desk staff to be helpful and accommodating. Like emw9000, I had noisy neighbors as well, but before I was able to put in a call to the front desk, someone else had evidently already done so, and the hotel took care of the problem.

Cons:
Pay Internet access.
No hot water in the early evening all three days I was there. The front desk explained this as the "engineer having to reset the heater."

All said, I would stay here again (assuming the hot water problem is fixed).

Last edited by DoubleJ; Aug 2, 2006 at 3:33 pm Reason: additional info
Old Aug 8, 2006, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier Plat, Hertz 5*, HH Gold
Smile Hilton Dedham (MA) Complaint Response

In May, my wife and I stayed for 2 nights during my son's graduation. Given a room with a protruded bed frame that tripped me over during the night and not to mention the water leak at the front door while having a 64-gal container placed there to collect H2O. Told is the only room avail. Wrote once, no response until now:

"I apologize for the delayed response. I just received your comments yesterday, and I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced at our property. Two months ago we had record breaking rainfall here that caused massive flooding. During that time, we had a quite a bit of damage to our roof near the elevators on the 4th floor and on the corners of the building. We have had roofing contractors working diligently ever since to locate all of the damage and fix the entire roof. Please excuse the appearance of it, and I again apologize for the look of it. Due to the nature of the leak, it has been very difficult to fix. Unfortunately, we were sold out during the time you were here, and I wish we would have had a another room to move you to when you requested. I believe there is some compensation in order here to make up for the less than satisfactory stay here. Please get back to me and let me know if there is anything I can do to make it up to you."

Now it's not like I'll ever go back there. What should I be asking in return, if any?
Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Points, or a refund of the room charges for at least one night.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Priority Club Platinum
I had a couple of issues at this hotel back in June. It took me almost 2 months until I got the hotel to response about issues I had during a stay. In the end they really didn't resolve the issue correctly. I would never stay again at that hotel. Hilton really needs to do something about this hotel and how they response to complaints and handle them.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 4:43 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by eddie1973
What should I be asking in return, if any?
Thanks in advance.
I'd suggest a one-night refund.

I stayed there many times while my daughter was in college in Needham.
I had several good stays and also several problems. The worst problem
had to do with a receipt, and after 5 calls, they gave me a free night,
which I used. But it was convenient and much cheaper than other
comparables.
Old Oct 29, 2006, 5:47 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
I stayed at this hotel earlier this week for 1 night. The clerk said hello, we have your 'hyatt' number on file. I asked her if her other job is at Hyatt (joking) and she said no, I meant hilton. okay. I asked if there was an executive lounge and she pointed to the regular bar. I asked if I was going to get an upgrade and she told me the hotel was sold out. Hardly saw another soul there. When she handed me my folio with keys, I asked if I would be given complimentary breakfast coupon and she said my rate didn't include it. I mentioned that is a diamond benefit, she checked with someone and gave me coupons for breakfast (which was good actually). The toilet barely worked in the room and I was given a room which was a very, very long walk from the elevator. Will not stay there again. No amenity in the room, no recognition of status.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Stayed there over the weekend on a free night with my wife, who is Diamond. We got upgraded to a very large room which appeared to be a junior suite (no wall). Friendly front desk workers, great location right next to Legacy Place. The room was getting a bit old (a few stains on the rug and furniture) and my wife's bedside lamp didn't work, but I'd stay here again.

Mike
Old Mar 12, 2013, 3:43 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Any recent reports on this property?
Old Jun 15, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXEC PLAT, HH Diamond and SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
Any recent reports on this property?
Stayed there last week, the hotel is well maintained. I'm a diamond but the hotel was completely full and no upgrade was given.
Got a full breakfast buffet, Starbucks coffee, free appetizer at the bar at night. No exec lounge.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Just stayed last night at the property. I am a Diamond on stays.

E check in but no upgrade with the property not full.

Had warm not hot water and moved to second room without much warmer water.

Had it not been 11PM after 8 hours in traffic, I would have left.

I probably have 10 stays this year in MA, and this Hilton is at the bottom of the list.

Breakfast buffet OK but not great- certainly not worth $20 retail.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Any recent stays/ updates?

Also is it walkable from commuter rail? Maybe Dedham Corp Centre?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I just completed a 4 night stay at this property and really liked it. It is very convenient to I95 and is about 10 miles south of the MA Turnpike. The hotel is large, but even on the busy days was quiet at our end of the hall. Rooms in the low 40X range are a hike from the elevator, but was quiet until 4 young ladies decided to sit on the floor outside our room at 11 pm to talk. They were quieted quickly. Breakfast buffet was good, but prob not worth $20 retail. Was free as Gold. Also got free Starbucks coffee as Gold, and got 3 ice coffees on a couple of 90+ degree days. Also got a couple of free appetizers in the bar on our last night, but they were more like light snacks than what you might expect as an appetizer. The hotel is probably a 5-10 min walk to the Dedham Corp Center commuter rail station and Legacy Place, which is as nice retail/dining area is another 5+ beyond that. The hotel did nit seem dated in any way as some previous older reviews stated. Beds were comfy (slightly firm) too and I even slept well on the first night, which is unusual for me. Free self parking and there are a few options in/out of the garage. Will be back.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Any recent comments on the breakfast here? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:46 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Hello. I stayed there last week - first time visit, we often visit family in the area, but in the past have stayed in the Fairfield Inn, not far away.
To answer your question, the breakfast is very good (much better than the above hotel). Proper china, good hot and cold selection and also an egg station where they will make what you want. As Diamond, all this was included. This is a very good Hilton IMHO. It is an easy walk to Legacy Place, where there are plenty of eating and drinking establishments.
I was disappointed not to get a Diamond upgrade, even though I know that they were selling suites for the two nights that we stayed. I am not sure if the upgrade situation is a Hilton policy, or left to local discretion.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Originally Posted by squeeler
Hello. I stayed there last week - first time visit, we often visit family in the area, but in the past have stayed in the Fairfield Inn, not far away.
To answer your question, the breakfast is very good (much better than the above hotel). Proper china, good hot and cold selection and also an egg station where they will make what you want. As Diamond, all this was included. This is a very good Hilton IMHO. It is an easy walk to Legacy Place, where there are plenty of eating and drinking establishments.
I was disappointed not to get a Diamond upgrade, even though I know that they were selling suites for the two nights that we stayed. I am not sure if the upgrade situation is a Hilton policy, or left to local discretion.
Thanks very much. Shame about the lack of upgrade. Hopefully, I have better luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.