Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tel Aviv {ISR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2006, 6:48 am

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by Blue Roman
Snip........Not our problem and if Hilton start getting funny with the Diamond tier, I'll be off to another hotel chain :mad:
My thoughts exactly. If Diamond is denied lounge access and upgrades (when available)...what is the point of loyalty to earn Diamond?
Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Blue Roman
Hmm! A GM of a European Hilton, a few weeks ago, informed me discreetly over a drink that with the roll over of stays system, there are a lot more Diamond and Gold members than there used to be. He mentioned that that particular night in his hotel he had 35 Diamonds and 50 Golds staying which he said was "killing," his budget in the Executive lounge. Not our problem and if Hilton start getting funny with the Diamond tier, I'll be off to another hotel chain
About two weeks before our departure for the Sorrento Hilton this past July, I received an e-mail from the yield manager "inviting" me to get a guaranteed executive floor upgrade for Euro $100 per night. I was advised in this e-mail that I need to act quickly if interested since this e-mail was being sent to ALL guests.

I realized what was happening, as this property was doing a similar thing to what some US airlines do--sell cheap upgrades to anyone, ensuring that the loyal customers are shut out. And that's exactly what happened. As best I know so far, Hilton is the only major hotel chain engaging in this slimy practice.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by travelexpert
About two weeks before our departure for the Sorrento Hilton this past July, I received an e-mail from the yield manager "inviting" me to get a guaranteed executive floor upgrade for Euro $100 per night. I was advised in this e-mail that I need to act quickly if interested since this e-mail was being sent to ALL guests.

I realized what was happening, as this property was doing a similar thing to what some US airlines do--sell cheap upgrades to anyone, ensuring that the loyal customers are shut out. And that's exactly what happened. As best I know so far, Hilton is the only major hotel chain engaging in this slimy practice.
Thanks for that, we were thinking of returning for a week in 07!
Old Oct 9, 2006, 2:57 am

One night award stay as diamond.

Received regular room on 8th floor (smoking, requested n/s but this was not available).Room was fine but nothing special.

Recevied huge fruit bowl, wine, big box chocolates, mineral water, gift pack of full-sized Ahava cosmetics (worth at least $30).

Access to business lounge - disappointing room, buffet supper excellent (salmon, tortellini, salads, cheeses).

Given free full breakfast downstairs due to the festival (Sukkot) which was excellent.

Overall very pleased with the stay.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 2:23 pm
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
"Normal" Rates @ Hilton Tel Aviv?

Just looking at rates for the Hilton Tel Aviv for Feb / March next year. The best rates seem to be about $235 US, and they are non-refundable ....

Does anyone know if these are the usual rates for this property, and if any specials would be loaded in the meantime ?

Alternatively, does anyone know a website / TA where could I get some deals on rates at this hotel ?

TIA.

JP
Old Oct 10, 2006, 3:35 pm

I had a reservation there last February at a rate of $225 (fully refundable). I had made the reservation about six months earlier and watched the rates periodically. $225 was the best that I could do, so not wanting to spend $225, I stayed at the Renaissance for less that half that amount.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Tourism was dead in Tel Aviv last year when we had the FT Dovster Israel Doo.

That whole beach strip of hotels (and all other buildings) are terribly run down and and uncared for basically. I really was shocked, and we walked that strip many times from both sides.

Since the recent conflict I'd guess tourism is down to half those November levels again.

I'd be amazed if you'd need to pay more than $100-150 + tax for a Sheraton, Renaissance etc by careful hunting about. (And if not, I'd certainly be using points!)

Maybe there is a local 'last minute' type booking site for Israel so you can hold one now via Hilton and see what you can do closer to the date?

A lot of tourists probably avoid US chain hotels for 'security reasons'.

I didn't, and I realise you are safer there than in the US most probably, but Joe Public thinks differently at times.

Last edited by ozstamps; Oct 10, 2006 at 6:46 pm
Old Oct 11, 2006, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Tourism was dead in Tel Aviv last year when we had the FT Dovster Israel Doo.

Tourism has picked up since you were here last time.

~200-250 USD is a normal price for the Hilton in Tel Aviv. The whole strip of 5 star hotels are way overpriced in general.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by apirchik

All those women flying in to meet you and Dovster I expect?

Well given their general dilapidated condition, those strip places would not get $100 a night in most countries.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 2:59 am

Well given their general dilapidated condition, those strip places would not get $100 a night in most countries.

Old Oct 11, 2006, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by apirchik

~200-250 USD is a normal price for the Hilton in Tel Aviv. The whole strip of 5 star hotels are way overpriced in general.
What would be a good choice off from the "strip of 5 star hotels"?
Is there something well priced with a decent location?
Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:55 am

Maybe the other hotels on the strip might be poor, but I stayed at the Hilton Tel Aviv last month and whilst the appearance from the outside may have looked a tacky 1960 ish, the inside was certainly not the case. The Exec lounge would give any lounge, "in most countries," a run for their money both in size and quality ^
Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
I'd be amazed if you'd need to pay more than $100-150 + tax for a Sheraton, Renaissance etc by careful hunting about. (And if not, I'd certainly be using points!)

Maybe there is a local 'last minute' type booking site for Israel so you can hold one now via Hilton and see what you can do closer to the date?
During the last conflict I stayed at the IC that was basically half empty (or half full depending how you look at it) but they didn't offer lower rates at least on the IC's website. I ended up using Free weekend night cert and one award night to get the costs to appropriate level.

The Hilton location is very good for nightlife activities.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by grayland
What would be a good choice off from the "strip of 5 star hotels"?
Is there something well priced with a decent location?
Top level - Hilton, IC, Sheraton and Dan Tel Aviv
"2nd grade" - Crowne Plaza, Renneissance, Dan Panorama, Sheraton Moriah.

Location - Dan, Sheraton, CP, Ren and Sheraton Moriah are grouped together in the "center". The Hilton is about 1/2 KM to the north - halfway to the old port area (major nightlife area), the IC and Dan Panorama are about 1 KM to the south, 2/3 of the way to Jaffa. All locations are excellent.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I stayed at the Hilton in July, and facing similar rates, used points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.