Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2008, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by railroadtycoon
The Haruka stops at shin-osaka, yes shinosaka is one stop from osaka station.

The local line between Shin-Osaka and Osaka is better known as the Kyoto line.

As mentioned you can take a direct rapid train from KIX to Osaka Station, however note this is a regular commuter style train, so if you have a lot of luggage to move around, it might be best to take the Haruka (but then you'll have to swtich to a local commuter train at ShinOsaka for one stop over) or take a limobus to the hotel.

Also someone asked, by rapid trains Osaka-Kyoto is about 28minutes apart, trains marked local will take up to 50minutes. The Shinkansen would take 15minutes, however, would require a transfer at shin-osaka, and if you have a JR railpass you can only use Hikari/Kodama trains, which there are only 2-3 departures per hour, vs about 8-9 direct rapid trains per hour between Osaka and Kyoto.

Hope that information helps you.
How relevant is this information these days?

I will be arriving at KIX ~8pm and am staying at this Hilton.

Does any have recent information/experience/link about train/bus frequencies, cost etc? Any other transfer possibilities?

The Hilton Info site mentions an "Airport Limousine Bus no. 5 bound for Osaka Station ...".

Last edited by serfty; Jan 6, 2008 at 9:04 pm
Old Mar 28, 2008, 3:57 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I'm at the Hilton Osaka right now. Hotel was fully booked yesterday and today so I ended up in a standard room (I'm on an AXON award). When you check in, there's now an insert in the folder you receive titled "HHonors Upgrade Policy":

Gold/Diamond VIP Members:

Upgrade to Executive Level or the next best available room type from the room type booked (does not include suites). Upgraded rooms are subject to availability at the time of check-in and only guests that receive an upgrade to the Executive Level will be given access to the Executive Lounge. At hotels that do not have upgraded types of accomodations or upgrade is not available, Gold/Diamond VIPs will receive an additional amenity and/or services which vary by property.

It looks like the hotel added some sentences to the Hilton Official Policy (namely, the no access to Executive Lounge if not on the Executive Floor).

My standard room isn't refurnished, but isn't shabby either. It's definitely geared towards shorter people (I'm 6'). As for the "additional amenity", I haven't received one. I'll probably ask at the front desk later on this morning to see what it might be.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 2:02 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
Originally Posted by Condition One
At hotels that do not have upgraded types of accomodations or upgrade is not available, Gold/Diamond VIPs will receive an additional amenity and/or services which vary by property.
I think the additional amenity is the certificate to the breakfast buffet on the 2nd floor.

TF
Old Mar 29, 2008, 2:54 am

Programs: Free Agent
Yup, when asked, the breakfast coupon is considered the amenity. The staff did offer to bring me a bathrobe and other items that would be found on the Executive Floor though. That was nice, but I declined as I never use them.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
In January, I received an upgrade to a mid-room (non executive with better amenities - b'robe, slippers, soaps/shampoos etc) along with a breakky voucher.

Same leaflet so no exec lounge access.

FWIW, the breakfast buffet was quite impressive!
Old May 9, 2010, 4:45 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Hilton Osaka Hotel

I tried to find an existing thread of Hilton Osaka, but somehow couldn't find it. If there is an existing one, please merge it.

Anyway, I went to Japan last month, and stayed in Hilton Osaka for 4 nights. The review below is part of the TR I am writing on:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...nh-y-oz-c.html

I've copied my review here for reference.

__________________________________________________ ____

Hilton Osaka: Review

We stayed at Hilton Osaka for 4 nights using GLON 4-night redemption. This is the first time we stay in Hilton hotel as a Gold VIP. We didn’t get upgraded to Executive Room but they did give us vouchers for full buffet American/ Japanese breakfast for all 4 days, which is excellent.

The hotel is in Umeda which is very convenient to go anywhere in Osaka, Kyoto, Himeji and even Nara. It has 3 subway lines, JR lines, Hanshin, Hankyu railways going though there. In fact, I was so glad when the airport bus terminates right infront of Hilton Osaka, I knew I made a right choice to redeem all my points. The Hilton Osaka is part of Hilton Plaza East/West which is connected to the large underground walkways linking all parts of Umeda and all the train stations, as well as large shopping centres around Umeda.

View to top from Front of Hilton Osaka

The Lobby and staff

The lobby is stylish, and all the staff is courteous and helpful. Checkin was quick, and they explained just about everything. Their concierge was helpful to help us go to places such as Osaka castle and Nara.

King Hilton Room

Whilst we didn’t get upgraded to Executive Room, we were very impressed with the standard King Hilton Room. It is very nice and well presented. The bed was very good to sleep in. It was really good to stay here after the overnight flights and all day trip in Fukuoka. It became our oasis for next 4 nights:

View from Room

Breakfast

I am glad that they provided full buffet breakfast for us, as they provided both Japanese and Western options. We try to eat Japanese option every time, given this is something that we never tried before. They are very delicious, especially with their grilled fishes, udons etc. For me it is a much “healthier” option compared with western breakfast. I would have eaten a lot more if I could, as I really enjoyed their Japanese breakfast.

It seemed to have a lot of local Japanese tourists staying there, as I always see a lot of Japanese tour groups pulling over and unload a lot of tourists staying here.

Overall, this is a fantastic hotel to stay in Osaka, from convenience, the rooms as well as their breakfast. I couldn’t comment on others such as the gym/pool etc.

Last edited by kamchatsky; May 10, 2010 at 4:21 am
Old May 9, 2010, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by edison
I tried to find an existing thread of Hilton Osaka, but somehow couldn't find it. If there is an existing one, please merge it.
There are 5 other threads in this (Hilton HHonors) forum with "Osaka" in the thread title (and innumerable threads with "Osaka" in the posts themselves).

To find the 5 other threads (within seconds), simply use "Search this forum" (NOT just plain "Search), click on "Advanced," enter "Osaka" as the search term, and select "Search titles only."

Good to hear that the hotel is still an excellent place to stay!
Old May 9, 2010, 7:05 am
Suspended

I will add that I find this to be quite a decent hotel and the location across from Shin-Osaka station (and the post office) is very conveinent for those who want to use the property as a base for exploring the region.

Only negatives are that it tends to get a lot of cruise traffic and consequently during our last stay we were not granted lounge access until after 1000 am each day but for the rest of the day (but were allowed to access the huge breakfast buffet) in addition some of the rooms are a bit dated.

However adding to question of the executive lounge I will say the lounge in terms of offerings and the staff ( informative and very helpful with bookings etc) was one the best I have encountered in any Hilton property worldwise even better than the Conrad Hilton.
I was very surprised the seem them re-open the bar almost an hour after the stated closing time to serve guests who turned up late and pour more drinks for my party of four to boot, at that time.
The positives IMHO far outweigh the negatives here.

mike
Old May 9, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Stayed in this property as a Diamond last December with my family(2 rooms) for 2 nights.

We were granted EL access and also got vouchers for the breakfast buffet downstairs. Everything for both rooms.

The EL was a bit small but nice. Nice service, free wi-fi.

The rooms very not very new but did not look tired either.

Very convinient location next to the train station.

I would return there without hesitation.
Old May 9, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
I will add that I find this to be quite a decent hotel and the location across from Shin-Osaka station (and the post office) is very conveinent for those who want to use the property as a base for exploring the region.
Osaka station is the one across the street from the hotel. Shin-Osaka station is a different station serving Shinkansen and other lines, approximately 10 min away from Osaka staion.

Yes, this hotel is also my favorite in Osaka as well as the Westin.
Old May 9, 2010, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kats
Osaka station is the one across the street from the hotel. Shin-Osaka station is a different station serving Shinkansen and other lines, approximately 10 min away from Osaka staion.

Yes, this hotel is also my favorite in Osaka as well as the Westin.
Yes you are correct .. not the first time I have them mixed up

mike
Old May 10, 2010, 4:16 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
There are 5 other threads in this (Hilton HHonors) forum with "Osaka" in the thread title (and innumerable threads with "Osaka" in the posts themselves).

To find the 5 other threads (within seconds), simply use "Search this forum" (NOT just plain "Search), click on "Advanced," enter "Osaka" as the search term, and select "Search titles only."

Good to hear that the hotel is still an excellent place to stay!
Thanks for letting me know, I am yet to master the full functionality of search function here in FT yet!
Old Aug 8, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, BD Gold, HH Gold
Osaka - no reward stays?

I was looking at reward stays in the Hilton Osaka in October but it seems like there are absolutely no rewards in Sep/Oct/Nov and possibly even longer (I didn't check). I thought that Hilton is advertising "no black out dates", do not all Hotels need to participate? (on the other hand the Hotel states that it is in Category 5)
Old Aug 8, 2010, 7:14 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by maxgruening
I was looking at reward stays in the Hilton Osaka in October but it seems like there are absolutely no rewards in Sep/Oct/Nov and possibly even longer (I didn't check). I thought that Hilton is advertising "no black out dates", do not all Hotels need to participate? (on the other hand the Hotel states that it is in Category 5)
I see awards available every day in September except 9/4. However October and November are all diamond desk. December also available every day.

What's going on in Osaka Oct/Nov I wonder?
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I checked mid Sept. a few days ago; awards were available for my dates.

Oct and Nov is high tourist season for Japan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.