Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2007, 4:09 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Umeda brings back memories, as I went to high school somewhat close by. If you want to enjoy "the Osaka experience," try wandering around the back streets and shopping arcades on the other side of the Hankyu department store/train station. I used to love spelunking around in the lower levels of the office buildings south of the Hilton, too. Never know what you'll find down there... automats, fancy barber shops, rare book stores...

(And obviously you can't call a trip to Osaka complete without going to Namba and seeing the Dotombori.)
Old May 26, 2007, 6:23 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I've just heard from our legend in itself FTer in Japan- Yasuki. Will see him for dinner and I dare say a few drinks on this trip.
Now I'm jealous. Say hello, please.

I agree that the rooms are dated. I'd go further and say they are tired and worn. Yet the executive lounge was excellent, with fantastic staff, which made up for any shortcomings in the rooms.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 5:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; SPG LT Platinum
At least when we were there in August last year they had the great dessert spread in the afternoon - it's actually very impressive looking! The dinner spread is fantastic also. I would put the Osaka lounge in the top 4 Hilton lounges I've stayed at (others are Conrad Tokyo, Conrad Singapore, Cavalieri), though Cavalieri continues to be the one to beat IMO.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:53 am

Hilton Osaka Early Check In Experience?

I have an upcoming stay at the Hilton Osaka. Any experiences on early check in? My flight arrives at 7am and would want a room to freshen up and get ready for my meetings for the day. How generous are they provided there was vacancy the night before?

Alternatively, would they allow me to use the fitness center to shower and freshen up pending the availability of my room?

Would they allow me to use the Executive Lounge assuming they are ready to upgrade me using the HHonors Gold Card? Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 10:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by mnlfqtv
I have an upcoming stay at the Hilton Osaka. Any experiences on early check in? My flight arrives at 7am and would want a room to freshen up and get ready for my meetings for the day. How generous are they provided there was vacancy the night before?

Alternatively, would they allow me to use the fitness center to shower and freshen up pending the availability of my room?

Would they allow me to use the Executive Lounge assuming they are ready to upgrade me using the HHonors Gold Card? Thanks.
Have you reviewed either of these threads?
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...ighlight=Osaka
http://flyertalk.com/forum/newreply....eply&p=8248405
Old Aug 17, 2007, 5:51 pm

Fitness Center Use

Thanks for the link.However, no info on allowing me to use fitness center if a room is not ready on arrival? Any info, anyone? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 6:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

It's my impression that this hotel stays quite busy. Perhaps you could get the email address from Hilton, via [email protected] or [email protected]. Then you could pose the question directly to the hotel.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 10:06 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Perhaps you could get the email address from Hilton...
Here you go:

[email protected]

Concierge:

[email protected]
Old Aug 19, 2007, 11:39 am

Don't count on the Exec Floor - and then again - who cares, here...

I've stayed at the Hilton Osaka more than 20 times in the last few years; often enough for the bell staff and doormen to know me by name. I'm a Diamond; and I've been upgraded to the Exec Floor only 1 time. The Exec Floor is not worth much in my opinion. The rooms aren't that much different than the 'deluxe' floors. If you're traveling with others who aren't on that floor - you are not allowed to take any guests to the Exec lounge (which is small; probably a reason why). The fitness room is small (does have a pool which is fine). The bar/restaurant on the top of the Hilton is exhorbitantly expensive with poor drinks. With that said, it is convenient for me and my stays are generally just fine. Just don't expect anything nearly as nice as the Tokyo Hilton property. Oh - and the last time I went - no Exec Floor upgrade available of course - and they said their policies have changed - as a Diamond I was no longer welcome at the Exec Lounge at any time of the day. Cheers!
Old Aug 19, 2007, 5:52 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Originally Posted by whadu
Oh - and the last time I went - no Exec Floor upgrade available of course - and they said their policies have changed - as a Diamond I was no longer welcome at the Exec Lounge at any time of the day. Cheers!
Yes, that is true. Unfortunately Hilton Osaka and Nagoya changed their regulation. Before even if the diamond members could not get the upgrade to the exe room, they could get the access to the exe lounge. but now not.

Cool hotels.

Last edited by yasuki; Aug 19, 2007 at 11:52 pm
Old Aug 19, 2007, 11:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yasuki
Yes, that is right. Unfortunately Hilton Osaka and Nagoya changed their regulation. Before even if the diamond members could not get the upgrade to the exe room, they could get the access to the exe lounge. but now not.

Cool hotels.
Was this a very recent change? I stayed at this property in April on an AXON
and although I did not get upgraded to the executive floor I was granted lounge access from 1000 am ( reason not enough room at breakfast for other than executive floor lodgers)
Hotel was full of cruise pax.

Found the lounge offerings very good and the staff exceptional, concierges better than the Conrad Tokyo.

mike
Old Aug 19, 2007, 11:57 pm

Programs: NH-PLT/SFC, JL-JMG/JGP, SPG-PLT, HH-DIA, GP-DIA,PC/IC-P/RA,MR-GLD
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Was this a very recent change?
Yes, it was. I prefer the DX room to the EXE room, so the DX room and the lounge access were the best offers for me. But now not.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:46 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I'm looking to book a few nights at the Osaka Hilton, and have a question. Here are the rates I'm seeing:

Fully Flexible
26,000.00 JPY KING DELUXE ROOM

ADVANCE PURCHASE PKG * Rates shown below include tax.
27,500.00 JPY KING DELUXE ROOM

Dumb question, but when I click on the "Total Rate", the Flexible rate is cheaper than the advance purchase rate. Is tax not being calculated correctly?
Old Nov 2, 2007, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; SPG LT Platinum
Originally Posted by whadu
I've stayed at the Hilton Osaka more than 20 times in the last few years; often enough for the bell staff and doormen to know me by name. I'm a Diamond; and I've been upgraded to the Exec Floor only 1 time. The Exec Floor is not worth much in my opinion. The rooms aren't that much different than the 'deluxe' floors. If you're traveling with others who aren't on that floor - you are not allowed to take any guests to the Exec lounge (which is small; probably a reason why). The fitness room is small (does have a pool which is fine). The bar/restaurant on the top of the Hilton is exhorbitantly expensive with poor drinks. With that said, it is convenient for me and my stays are generally just fine. Just don't expect anything nearly as nice as the Tokyo Hilton property. Oh - and the last time I went - no Exec Floor upgrade available of course - and they said their policies have changed - as a Diamond I was no longer welcome at the Exec Lounge at any time of the day. Cheers!
Hmmmm - while I agree it's not nearly as nice as the Tokyo properties (may be better than Toky Bay) I don't agree that the lounge is not worth much. For dinner they have a pretty nice spread. You have to be patient, because they don't put many instances of each dish out at a time (small counter-space) but I really thought it was pretty good. Not as good as Cavalieri Hilton, or Singapore or Tokyo Conrads, but very nice.........

On the other hand, getting an upgrade to the Exec Lounge is, as you say, sadly very difficult!
Old Nov 4, 2007, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life; AEGEAN Gold; HILTON Lifetime Diamond; MARRIOTT Lifetime Platinum; IHG Diamond Amb.
This is a very central and easy to find hotel across from the station. Good Gym and wet facilities. Nice lounge with proper champagne complimentary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.