Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Chicago, Illinois, USA {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Chicago, Illinois, USA {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Thanks for the feedback. It's only a one-night stay and I'll be leaving early, so breakfast will be in the airport or on the plane if my upgrade clears. Part of what I've appreciated about the Conrad is the F&B credit; since I'm always leaving early in the morning, I've happily used it for a few drinks in the bar before bed, which has worked out nicely. Its a bit off topic, but after several years of only traveling internationally, I'm finding the Hilton domestic lounge/breakfast benefits to be quite sad...
arlflyer likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Hotel for meeting at McCormick Place

Have an upcoming busy meeting at McCormick Place. As tempting as it is to stay in a nice place like WA, I think proximity to convention center is more important, as I'll likely be going back and forth from hotel room to various meetings and sessions.

I see there is an HGI and Home 2 Suites right next door. It appears both are next to each other and have access to the convention center by sky bridge.

Has anyone stayed at these properties? Which would you choose? Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Hilton’s in Chicago with pier view.

I can’t remember if there are any Hilton brand hotels that have Navy Pier views? Does anyone know?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by mphall
I can’t remember if there are any Hilton brand hotels that have Navy Pier views? Does anyone know?
Have you tried using the map view ?

see for example

https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en_...deRadius=false

Bob H
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Not really. You can stay in a Doubletree in Streeterville that is 10-12 minutes walk from Navy Pier, but it doesn't have lake views.

Perhaps some high floor room in the Hilton Magnificent Mile, near the Hancock Tower, might have a peekaboo view of the pier -- it's only a block or so inland from Lake Shore Drive -- but you'd have to call and ask.
mphall likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
The closet one I stayed at was the Embassy Suites Downtown/Magnificent Mile, which was a couple blocks up from Navy Pier, no view of it...but I did send email to manager and was able to get a higher floor room with view of Lake Michigan between buildings on 2 different sides.

Jwhuffman
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
The Hilton Chicago has very distant views of Navy Pier and great views of Grant Park and Buckingham Fountain.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Suggestions for a Chicago Hilton

I am pretty flexible about where to stay and was wondering if anyone had some good or fun experiences at any of the Chicago Hilton properties? We are Diamond members if that is helpful.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Palmer House is an iconic historic property located right in the center of the city. AFAIK it's still Hilton affiliated.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Palmer House is an iconic historic property located right in the center of the city. AFAIK it's still Hilton affiliated.
+1. Very solid property. Conrad is also great.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 4:23 pm

I am pretty flexible about where to stay and was wondering if anyone had some good or fun experiences at any of the Chicago Hilton properties? We are Diamond members if that is helpful.
Since there are numerous threads in this forum re Chicago properties that you’ve no doubt searched, what specific questions remain unanswered after your research?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Palmer house is nice but my last 2 stays have been at theWit DoubleTree.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Palmer House is iconic but the area is pretty dead at night and on the weekends. Drake, another iconic property is on Michigan Ave and near the water, beaches, Navy Pier and Waldorf is very new and just off Michigan Avenue. There is also the London House which has a rooftop bar.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:32 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
I was underwhelmed two weeks ago at the Doubletree Magnificent Mile. Lazy front desk and cheapskate continental breakfast in the restaurant. I have nothing particularly against limiting Diamonds to continental breakfast, but it should at least be better than a run-of-the-mill Hampton.

On the positive side, the rate at the hotel through the MVP portal was $60 less than anything else Hilton-wise within 2 miles.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Loved the London House. Perfect location for both sides

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.