Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oklahoma, USA {US-OK}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oklahoma, USA {US-OK}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2006, 7:03 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Hilton HHonors Properties in Oklahoma City

I did a search but the results were rather dated. I am looking for recommendations or recent trip reports of hotels in the Hilton family for my stay in a couple weeks. BTW, my client is located north of downtown by "The Village" or around the Nichols Hills area. I am not familiar with the town. Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
I haven't stayed there in a year but was regularly going there every other week for almost 18 months. The best Hilton property IMO is the Hilton Garden Inn near the OKC airport. There are plenty of Hampton Inns all over town. There is also an Embassy Suites near the airport.

The Hampton Inn near the airport is a bit pricey for a Hampton Inn, but the staff there is very nice and they serve a decent manager's reception. Soda, bottled water, pizzas, chicken wings, etc. The Hampton Inn on the Northwest expressway is also quite nice and near a lot of restaurants.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 3:15 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
the hampton inn in yukon is very nice. and is usually the cheapest in okc area. there is also a hampton inn near the mall that is pretty good. quail springs or something like that.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 9:59 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; IHG Spire Amb; Marriott Diamond; HHonors Gold; AA Exec Plat; United 1K
I've stayed in every Hilton property in the OKC area. I would put the Embassy Suites at the top of the list, but its also the most expensive. My second favorite, is the Hampton Inn NW Expressway, which would probably be the closest to your client. It is pretty much right in between the Village and Nichols Hills, with easy access to anywhere. There was a Hilton right across the street from there, but unfortunately it became a Crowne Plaza.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:09 pm

Does anyone have any updates to the information in this thread? Specifically, which Hampton is the best between Yukon, NW, Airport and Tinker (Midwest City)?

Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 1:30 pm

Garden Inn on Meridian down from Embassy is nice. I like the Hilton on Northwest Expressway has high rise hotel and ground level rooms by the pool.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milesrus
Garden Inn on Meridian down from Embassy is nice. I like the Hilton on Northwest Expressway has high rise hotel and ground level rooms by the pool.
Hilton on NW is gone. It was in dire need of a refurb. Became a Crowne Plaza.

Apparently a new Hilton will open in downtown beginning of next year.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bk2351
Does anyone have any updates to the information in this thread? Specifically, which Hampton is the best between Yukon, NW, Airport and Tinker (Midwest City)?

Thanks.
I think the best property in terms of location is still the Hampton Inn on NW expressway
Old Aug 29, 2008, 6:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Stayed at the Skirvin Hilton in downtown OKC this week. Used the Deloitte rate for 145$/night. Very nice property. HH Gold get free breakfast or internet and a free drink if you have lunch/dinner in the restaurant. The hotel was closed for 10-15 years and Hilton redid it from top to bottom in the old style with a W like boutique touch. One of the nicest Hiltons I have stayed in. Tried online checkin for the first time and was offered an upgrade to a one bedroom suite (the x07 rooms are the suites). Ultracool.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 1:25 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Stayed at the Skirvin Hilton in downtown OKC this week. Used the Deloitte rate for 145$/night. Very nice property. HH Gold get free breakfast or internet and a free drink if you have lunch/dinner in the restaurant. The hotel was closed for 10-15 years and Hilton redid it from top to bottom in the old style with a W like boutique touch. One of the nicest Hiltons I have stayed in. Tried online checkin for the first time and was offered an upgrade to a one bedroom suite (the x07 rooms are the suites). Ultracool.
Do a search on "Skirvin" and there is a big thread on this property. Great hotel and the suites are great!
Old Sep 8, 2008, 2:35 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, CO Silver, SWA companion pass holder
Thumbs up Skirvin in OKC

The Skirvin is an historic property right in downtown OKC. Couple of blocks from the Ford Center and Bricktown area.

It's probably 75 years old but (as mentioned above) has been completely re-done. 1st and 2nd floors are especially great with chandeliers, etc.

I'm glad they brought it back. My mom worked downtown and the company she worked for help their Christmas parties there when I was a kid (45 years ago) so it was especially nice to stay there when I visited OKC in March '08.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, HHonors Diamond
hampton inn bricktown

the hampton inn bricktown is nice but no upgrades offered (it's $10 more to be on the side facing the ballpark... didn't even get offered that as an upgrade). they didn't have water in my room - i had to ask for it. no perks as a diamond member... its a nice property but for the price and with no perks, im not sure i'd stay there again.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Oklahoma City Midtown HGI

Stayed here recently for 1 night.

Diamond recognition at check-in - "congratulations on being Diamond status" - no discernable room upgrade. Very friendly customer service throughout the stay.

Ground floor layout and decor slightly different to standard HGI (converted HGI hotel?) - small gym with good quality CV equipment along with small indoor pool and jacuzzi

Breakfast choice more limited than usual HGI fare.

Hotel about a mile from the Interstate so quieter location traffic noise wise - several other hotels are on the same block and several restaurants chains are within 5 mins walk

Overall - solid hotel for the cheap w/e rate
Old Jul 3, 2013, 5:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Any recent reviews/reports for the downtown/convention center DoubleTree in Tulsa?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
I live just outside of Tulsa so we stay here quite a bit during concerts and bar trips when we dont want to drive home, plus our state Dental meeting is at the convention center every other year, so I always stay a couple nights then as well. At 10,000 points a night, its definitely a good value for use of points (if you really want to use points on a Tulsa vacation). The rooms are old'ish, althought they have updated TVs and furniture I believe. As a diamond, I've been upgraded to a higher floor with a "city" view. Its Tulsa, its not much. They have larger rooms I think, although I never seem to get any of those upgrades. I have never been treated bad there, but nor have I been treated like I have been at some of the other Hhonors properties. Lobby restaurant is so so. I'd head to the NE part of downtown (near the ballpark) and eat somewhere up there. The Rusty Nail is pretty good as is the mexican place, not sure of the name though. If you have a car, you can head to the 71st and Memorial area (mentioned above in the thread) and there is just about every chain restaurant within a two mile radius of that intersection.

Enjoy Tulsa!

PS. Let me know if I can help you in any other way

Last edited by turnpike17; Jul 4, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.