Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa

Hotel Website: http://www.arizonabiltmore.com/
http://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/en/hotels/arizona/arizona-biltmore-a-waldorf-astoria-resort-PHXBMWA/index.html

Address: 2400 East Missouri Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona
United States

Phone/Fax: 800.950.0086
fax 602.954.2571

Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix (consolidated thread)
Print Wikipost

Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks. Might invite family over for breakfast.

how are they about late checkouts? (First Monday in March)

also, it seems like the rooms are called Resort Room, and then Ocatilla based on the rooms offered at booking. What is the one category upgrade from Resort room? Resort balcony/patio?

Last edited by beachfan; Feb 20, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by MS02113
As at all U.S. Waldorf Astoria properties, Arizona Biltmore breakfast benefit is $15/day dining credit for up to two guests.
Just to be clear, the $15/person/day credit is a food and beverage credit here, not just for breakfast.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 7:29 pm

Just completed a one night stay here as a gold using my free weekend night. We really enjoyed the property. Checked in around 9:30 am and was given a choice of a golf view villa (which I chose) or Bougainvillea pool villa for immediate check in. I believe both would be considered an upgrade as both had balconies. Parking in this part of the resort is out in front of the rooms and not in the parking garage. We played some mini golf (which we all thought was pretty cool) and spent time by the Paradise pool. As I said above, the $30 food and beverage credit was good anywhere on property. Food and drink prices were typical for a resort (read: expensive). Had some pretty good happy hour prices, but only at Frank and Alberts and only inside. Who wants to sit inside when it is 75 and sunny and there is a beautiful lawn with a view of Camelback Mountain? Overall, nice rooms on a very nice property. Was a great use of the weekend night certificate in my view.
tinkerbell78 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
As I said above, the $30 food and beverage credit was good anywhere on property. Food and drink prices were typical for a resort (read: expensive). Had some pretty good happy hour prices, but only at Frank and Alberts and only inside.
I last stayed before Hilton began requiring Waldorf Astoria properties to provide breakfast to elite members. At that time, we were given an unlimited-use card for 20% off at all food and beverage and retail outlets at the resort, which was very useful. As I recall, only alcohol was excluded. I imagine this discount is no longer offered?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
I last stayed before Hilton began requiring Waldorf Astoria properties to provide breakfast to elite members. At that time, we were given an unlimited-use card for 20% off at all food and beverage and retail outlets at the resort, which was very useful. As I recall, only alcohol was excluded. I imagine this discount is no longer offered?
I didn’t get anything like that, just the $30/day F&B credit. $30 probably worked out better for me if alcohol was excluded from the 20% off.
Old May 2, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Hilton website has this (2 nights, summer, weekend, diamond member) for about $310 with taxes/fees.

AMEX FHR has this for about $350 after taxes/fees.

I'm assuming that FHR is adding in the $35/night into their fees since it's $108 worth and the Hilton site is about $104 when showing resort fees included?

Just wondering if anyone has done the comparison on these before when pricing was fairly similar and what your experience was. If I book with FHR, do I still get the $15/pp food/bev credit in addition to the FHR benefit of daily breakfast?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Burned an expiring weekend night certificate here. Underwhelmed in just about every possible respect. Not only was I not pre-upgraded, but despite wide open availability in pretty much every higher room type, FDA refused to upgrade me more than one category. This meant I got a resort room "with balcony," a stunning $17 upgrade over the base "resort" room.

Room (in Terrace Wing) was newly renovated. Looked like an upscale Hilton - in other words, bland and unmemorable. $15 f&b credit (which I had to call post check-out to get) covered just over half the price of the lackluster $28 breakfast buffet (although the chef staffing the omelet station was super cool). Property even skimps on the Diamond bottled water benefit - the bottles are those tiny little four sip miniatures.

IMO this is not one of Frank Loyd Wright's better works, and I also found the landscaping unimpressive (compared, for example, to Camelback Inn). This property is not, IMO, in the same class as the valley's better resorts.

One positive - the Arizona Canal Trail runs right next to the resort - great for an early (and I mean early) morning run.

Last edited by Kacee; Jul 20, 2019 at 6:19 pm
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Kacee
IMO this is not one of Frank Loyd Wright's better works
Probably because it's not. Albert Chase McArthur
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Tanic
Probably because it's not. Albert Chase McArthur
Well that explains it!
Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Stayed over the weekend on a free weekend night. Nice place, good food at the bar. $30 credit for the wife and me. Construction is not to be taken lightly. The middle of the resort is blocked out completely.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by hsawaknow
Stayed over the weekend on a free weekend night. Nice place, good food at the bar. $30 credit for the wife and me. Construction is not to be taken lightly. The middle of the resort is blocked out completely.
What are they doing in the construction? I though they just finished renovations a couple of years ago?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Michael19887
What are they doing in the construction? I though they just finished renovations a couple of years ago?
When I stayed a few months back, was told that only some of the buildings were renovated. FDA specifically mentioned that Ocatillo was not.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
When I stayed a few months back, was told that only some of the buildings were renovated. FDA specifically mentioned that Ocatillo was not.
Believe Ocatillo was one of the first wings to be renovated after Arizona Biltmore joined the WA brand. Haven't stayed in those rooms, but photos in gallery suggest it's probably time for another refresh.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K
We stayed in the Ocotillo building which appeared to be newly renovated. Main hexagon behind the front building was walled off completely along with the cabana club pool area.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:36 pm

We stayed the weekend after Christmas. Did not receive upgrade but understand it is high season in Phoenix.

Received welcome drinks and a room in the original building which is unique as the lobby is expansive.

Had dinner at Frank and Albert's which was good and the chef sent us an Amuse-bouche!

We used our credit for dinner as breakfast at most hotels is unremarkable.

Last edited by NauticalWheeler; Jan 9, 2020 at 8:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.