Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa

Hotel Website: http://www.arizonabiltmore.com/
http://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/en/hotels/arizona/arizona-biltmore-a-waldorf-astoria-resort-PHXBMWA/index.html

Address: 2400 East Missouri Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona
United States

Phone/Fax: 800.950.0086
fax 602.954.2571

Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix (consolidated thread)
Print Wikipost

Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Kacee
My recollection is they will upgrade one room class, and there's the Hilton-standard $25 pp breakfast credit. I don't think peak season has much to do with it, except they're more likely to be full, meaning less shot at an upgrade.
I just had a 1 night points stay here and got upgraded from a standard room to a 1 BR villa. I wouldn't count on it, but it does happen.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
I just had a 1 night points stay here and got upgraded from a standard room to a 1 BR villa. I wouldn't count on it, but it does happen.
hi

excellent result

How is the resort these days please?

Regards

Tbs
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Go buy a lottery ticket. In a dozen stays I think I got a pool room once and the rest were 1 cat upgrades to a balcony room.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
hi

excellent result

How is the resort these days please?

Regards

Tbs
It's a nice place. The renovations during covid added some nice/fun things to the grounds, although if you are into the architecture, it would probably make you cringe. The slides are fun, but an architectural nightmare. The new outdoor bar area is a beautiful setting, although ruins the view that used to be from behind the lobby. The adults only pool looked very nice, although we didn't spend any time there, just walked by. We spent most of our time by the main pool, which is nice. This was a Tuesday after spring break, so crowds weren't a problem. Not many kids at this time either. Did appear to be several corporate conferences/retreats going on. Didn't eat in the restaurants except the pool bar. Food and drinks there were typical resort, pricey but fairly tasty. $50 credit posted with no problem.

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Go buy a lottery ticket. In a dozen stays I think I got a pool room once and the rest were 1 cat upgrades to a balcony room.
I think I'll skip the lottery ticket as it sounds like I may have already hit it. I didn't even ask for the upgrade. It just showed up in the app the morning of (but not the day before), and the room was ready when we checked in at 9:30 am.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:57 am

Great stay with FHR

Booked a one-night stay here for family using Amex FHR and we were throughly impressed by the Arizona Biltmore. I had booked the cheapest room several months ago, but rebooked a few weeks before my stay because FHR offered a new $250 resort credit if you booked and stayed over the summer dates. The cheapest room wasn’t available anymore, so I booked the next one up- a 2 queen balcony room. I think that ultimately helped secure an automatic 2-category upgrade to one of their “Paradise pool side” rooms, which was incredible to be just outside the pool for my young boys. The patio area included a fire pit, day bed lounger, and access to the pool area. Room was in good shape so no complaints there. All-in-all I received the following for a one-night stay:

- $250 resort credit (FHR)
- $100 food & beverage credit (FHR)
- $60 breakfast credit (FHR)
- $50 food credit (Hilton Diamond)
- 2 drink vouchers (FHR?)

I used the $200 credit from the Amex Platinum toward the booking, and I charged any remaining balance to my Hilton Aspire to use the $250 resort credit, which included the $45 resort fee and $30 valet charge. I feel like we got a great value. We had dinner at Renata’s Hearth, which was incredible and much better than I would have expected. Food and their special margaritas were really well done. I used the breakfast credit for room service and it was brought rather quickly. Same for lunch at the pool.

Anyways, I found it to be one of the better resorts we’ve stayed at. Customer service was top notch. I told them my son had just “graduated” 5th grade and they had a surprise for him in the room. It was also cool to see the history and how many presidents have stayed there. I know some think the new Twist slide is an architectural nightmare, but it’s quite the attraction for families. We took advantage of the 4pm checkout, especially since we didn’t arrive until 6:30pm the day before. It turns out my room was assigned the next day to maybe another person booking with FHR because I met him and he was waiting for the room to be cleaned. (If you’re reading this, I hope they turned the room around quickly for you! Though I think it’s odd that they didn’t assign a different pool side room for you so you could’ve taken advantage of the early check-in with FHR.)
dpb132, kouichi and Michael19887 like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:00 pm

Has anyone tried back to back stays for FHR stays? The rules prohibit it but some hotels in Las Vegas allow it. (RIP Conrad)
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: Marriott titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; AA Gold
I did two single night FHR stays here back to back in early May, using my two different Platinum cards to take advantage of my two $200 credits for prepaid FHR stays. I wasn't expecting it, but the hotel gave us two sets of FHR benefits -- $100 each night, plus two sets of free drinks coupons, plus an extra $100? (I think) per night with a promotion they were doing at the time. Plus of course my Diamond credits for each night, and the FHR free breakfasts for two each day.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:28 pm

The AMEX FHR hotel credits plus gold/diamond credit is amazing. However small downside is that hotel had lots of open rooms but refuses to upgrade if they run out of the limited inventory they set aside for upgrades. So even though they had many firepit and cottages available they wouldn’t upgrade to them since we got in around 6pm and the upgrade inventory was all gone. Front desk agent said that due to the credits resort has been very full of FHR guests so upgrades are hard on weekends. Minor issue overall.

Last edited by olouie; Jul 29, 2022 at 8:39 pm
Old Aug 1, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Just want to second and/or third how amazing the FHR plus gold/diamond credits are. Stayed there for one night for a staycation and got $510 in credits ($250 Amex Biltmore credits, $100 Amex FHR credit, $60 Amex breakfast credit, $50 in Hilton Gold credit, $50 ( 2 drink coupons). We used them all up with $6 to spare.

Renata's Hearth is an absolutely amazing restaurant. The Chilean sea bass is spectacular as are the churros. Almost every drink at the Wright bar and the restaurant were amazing. At the pool, not so much. Weekends definitely get very crowded during the summer.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by azfanboy
Just want to second and/or third how amazing the FHR plus gold/diamond credits are. Stayed there for one night for a staycation and got $510 in credits ($250 Amex Biltmore credits, $100 Amex FHR credit, $60 Amex breakfast credit, $50 in Hilton Gold credit, $50 ( 2 drink coupons). We used them all up with $6 to spare.

Renata's Hearth is an absolutely amazing restaurant. The Chilean sea bass is spectacular as are the churros. Almost every drink at the Wright bar and the restaurant were amazing. At the pool, not so much. Weekends definitely get very crowded during the summer.
Thanks for this, we have our two one night stays separated by a night at the Hyatt Place! Would prefer if we didn't have to split our reservation up, but we want the full FHR + $250 credit each time.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:38 pm

Strange the extra $250 offer seems to be missing on some nights even though there are no blackout dates.
Edit: nevermind seems to be a funky amex setting that doesnt show it until you actually go further into the booking flow.

Last edited by olouie; Aug 3, 2022 at 11:01 pm
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:52 am

Do you get $100 Aspire credit Arizona Biltmore booked on points and free night certii

Hi,
Was thinking of booking 2 nights, one on points and a FNC.
will I get the $100 credit.
what other Diamond benefits?

$50 F and B credit And breakfast ?
thanks
Old Aug 12, 2022, 11:36 am

The Aspire resort credit is only for charges to the room. If you incur other expenses and pay for them at check out with Aspire you will get credit. Its not a credit without spend

Yes you will get F&B credit, for up to 2 people
Old Aug 12, 2022, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Schnit
The Aspire resort credit is only for charges to the room. If you incur other expenses and pay for them at check out with Aspire you will get credit. Its not a credit without spend

Yes you will get F&B credit, for up to 2 people
I am not talking about resort credit $250

this is a special $100 when booking 2 nights Waldorf/ maybe Conrad

wanted to know if had to be cash rate booking or points / free night certificate is good
thanks
Old Aug 12, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kerrirdh
will I get the $100 credit.
No. You must book a paid 2 night stay via the dedicated link or using the special promotion code.

See here
https://global.americanexpress.com/c.../hilton-aspire

$100 Property Credit
When you use your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card to book through HiltonHonorsAspireCard.com or by calling Hilton Honors at (855) 292-5757, for a two-night minimum stay at Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts, and Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, you will be eligible to receive a property credit of up to $100 per booking. You must confirm you are booking a room package eligible for the $100 property credit benefit at time of booking. Please reference ZZAAP1 when booking by phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.