Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Arizona Biltmore, An LXR Resort {US-AZ}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2013, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa

Hotel Website: http://www.arizonabiltmore.com/
http://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/en/hotels/arizona/arizona-biltmore-a-waldorf-astoria-resort-PHXBMWA/index.html

Address: 2400 East Missouri Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona
United States

Phone/Fax: 800.950.0086
fax 602.954.2571

Other:
Hilton HHonors Properties in Phoenix (consolidated thread)
Print Wikipost

Arizona Biltmore, An LXR Resort {US-AZ}

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2007, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I am considering coming to Phoenix in the first week of July for some R&R and noticed the Biltmore offering Net direct rates from $119 ( Tapatio Cliffs is offering $129)-not a bad rate
Note also that the website says
Please Note: A daily $25 USD service/resort charge per room will be applied at the end of your stay. Items include high speed internet, access to fitness center; local, 800 and credit card calls, newspaper.
I don't know if netdirect gets you around this or if gold/diamond waives it as some of the benefits are gold/diamond benefits, but you might want to keep it in mind.

I am pricing out Squaw Peak and several alternatives for June and both SP and Az Biltmore are pricing at $126 netdirect, which for SP still seems too high to me.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 11:23 pm
formerly Baxter&Bessies'Mama

Wink 5000 HH Points dining at Wright's at AZ Biltmore

Greetings to Everyone who has helped me so much during my years of lurking!

I hope I place my first new topic into the correct area.

Has anyone else received the offer of 5000 HH points for dining (without needing to stay) at Wright's at the AZ Biltmore through 9/30/07? I did phone to confirm that you needn't be a registered guest of the property, simply present your HH card when paying.

If any Zonies (or visitors) would like to join me for dinner, please let me know. I'm assuming if we request seperate checks, we can each get the 5,000. Not that I'm recruiting a companion to go to the Hilton Maldives.

Toodles
Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-ber-elite status
Originally Posted by Baxter&Bessies'Mama
Has anyone else received the offer of 5000 HH points for dining (without needing to stay) at Wright's at the AZ Biltmore through 9/30/07? I did phone to confirm that you needn't be a registered guest of the property, simply present your HH card when paying.
Did you have to register for this promo?
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:25 pm

I did not. Phoned the hotel to make a res, was told just to bring my card.

Am going tomorrow night, so I'll post when/if I get my points.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:45 pm
Community Director Emerita

Nice offer! I just sent a link to your post to a Phoenix friend.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:22 pm

Programs: US Airways,Hilton HHonors, Marriott, National
Anyone confirm the $25.00/day fee for Gold or Diamond members? I know that is a pretty high fee .... any experiences?
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-ber-elite status

Thanks for the info. I'll be in Phoenix soon, so I might check it out also.

Here's a link to the promo if anyone is interested:

http://www.arizonabiltmore.com/dining/events.asp
Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Mini Trip Report

Just completed a one night stay.

Overall enjoyed the property and would stay again if price is right.

VIP Benefits: Not great on the VIP recognition factor. We got a room upgrade, two bottles of water and plate of cookies. At W=A properties, golds/diamonds are also supposed to get either 1000 points or discount at selected facilities. No mention of this at check-in, so we asked about breakfast credit (which apparently other FT'ers have been offered), but they said they do not provide it. The front desk said that they waive the $25 resort fee for Diamonds, and we figured that this was the "discount" option. When the bill arrived the $25 resort fee was there. Called down and spoke with the Duty Manager. He specifically told us that they do not give breakfast or breakfast coupons and said something to the effect that "many HHonors members come here expecting free breakfast, but we do not provide that benefit." We told him that the front desk said they'd waive the resort fee, and he responded that it is not customary, but they would do it for us since we were told it would be waived.

I guess that's about all we could ask for, but they're clearly not following the stated benefits and appear to have cut back on the perks offered Diamond and Golds.

PROS: Nice grounds--beautiful architecture and landscaping. Room was very nice and generally quiet. Exercise facility is large and fully stocked--great for a hotel facility.

CONS: Parking is the pits. Valet parking is $23/night, self parking $8. Unless you're in one of the "Villa" rooms near the self parking, it's quite a hike to the rooms in 110 degree heat. Breakfast at the Biltmore Grill was nothing special and the oatmeal was inedible (the waiter took it back and removed the charge). Prices weren't too bad, though, for this sort of hotel.

We had dinner at Wright's, which was good, but not great given the pricing. We should get 5000 bonus points for having dined there, which made it worthwhile. Service and atmosphere at Wright's was excellent.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 5:57 pm

Well, I went on 8/17. I did have a wonderful meal. I presented my card and was told my 5,000 points would appear within a week.

Yesterday I wrote to the DD to tell them about no points. I was told to contact the hotel. I just spent 2 hours attempting to reach the restaurant manager, who it was determined by the phone operator would be the only person who would know what I was talking about. No voice mail, no offer to take a message. I finally asked for the guest services manager. I have left him a voice mail, so we'll see what fiery hoop comes next.

When I was a young girl my Mother always told me, there's nothing more expensive than the cost of free. Sigh.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 12:39 pm

Angry

Another update:

Never received the points. Calls to the resort go unanswered. Called the DD and was basically told that they had no knowledge of any promotion and certainly not having to stay to receive bonus points would be highly unusual. CS offered to "give" me points as a one time courtesy. So basically that called me a liar. Am faxing the email of the original promotion and my receipt. I am seriously ticked.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Another update:

Never received the points. Calls to the resort go unanswered. Called the DD and was basically told that they had no knowledge of any promotion and certainly not having to stay to receive bonus points would be highly unusual. CS offered to "give" me points as a one time courtesy. So basically that called me a liar. Am faxing the email of the original promotion and my receipt. I am seriously ticked.
Wow, that's a real blow. I also remember getting the email about the bonus points, I might have it saved somewhere. I ate at the Biltmore a few years ago, my brother was in town for a biz trip staying there, and met him for dinner. I wasn't really impressed with the restaurant. Years ago, I did temp work at the Biltmore in the purchasing office, and saw where they got all the supplies from, including the food that wasn't prepared on-site.....
Old Sep 12, 2007, 1:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Another update:

After your experience, I was fully expecting to have to fight w/ the DD about it, but my 5K bonus points posted yesterday, just shy of 3 weeks after we ate there.

I had a similar issue with the DD about bonus points from a NY Hilton promo. I had the same reaction--seemed like they thought I was lying about it.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 7:57 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Arizona Biltmore

I know there must already be a discussion on this property, could you please direct me? We are planning a one day stay in Feb (I need 3 rooms), what I thinking is pay for one room (around $400), use 50k for second, and use a old 5/10/15 award cert for the third, are these good there? Since I am paying regular price for one room I assume I will get some Diamond perks, any experiences would be appreciated.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 10:53 am
Community Director Emerita

Here's are threads talking about the property:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=553511

and

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725686

From the luxury hotel forum, before it came under the Hilton umbrella:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506251
Old Nov 11, 2007, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by kmandrew

Since I am paying regular price for one room I assume I will get some Diamond perks, any experiences would be appreciated.
Don't expect too much in the way of diamond perks at the Arizona Biltmore. Here's what to expect from the official T&C:

At the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, ... , Diamond members will receive two bottles of water per stay, welcome amenity on night of arrival AND may choose TWO of the following benefits:

* One category room upgrade excludes suites ....If room upgrade is not available, member may choose one of the remaining options.

* 1,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points.
* Discount at select resort facilities (may include spa, golf, restaurant, etc.)
Given the very restrictive nature of the "perks" I very much doubt if they would apply to all three rooms.

Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.