Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Petaling Jaya {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Executive floors now undergoing renovation and due to reopen in May 2012

Executive lounge on 21st floor is closed. There is a substitute lounge on the second floor (I think, haven't gone there.)

I am in a regular room this trip, no upgrade given and no acknowledgment of gold status. (Not sure yet if I am getting free breakfasts, will find out tomorrow when I check out.)

I miss the staff in the lounge - they are excellent.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 3:38 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
any update on new lounge?
Old May 13, 2013, 7:10 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

May2013- quick TR

I had a last minute decision for a stay at this place and managed to secure a room with the famous code.

Rooms: all rooms seems to have been renovated in both East and West wing. I was given a room at the East wing and it was renovated. Entry is now with the up and coming touch entry keys. Impressed with the new rooms. As a returning guest + HH Gold, I had fruits + chocolate with welcome card in the room.

Breakfast @ restaurant: Very good spread of different region/culture tastes. Only complain was that some items were not really kept sufficiently warm. Service was good, and I think the F&B manager was around that day, he was giving very good friendly service.

Executive lounge: A pity, but due to my very late arrival and rather quick departure the next day, I did not get a chance to check out the lounge since I choose for breakfast at the main restaurant.

Best improvement: Parking is now complimentary for hotel guests. (if I remember correctly, my last stay last year, I had to pay for parking).

Overall: still remains a good property with respect to location (close enough to walk to the LRT), price and service especially now that all rooms are newly renovated rooms. I believe that there were also some upgrade in the public areas, e.g. lobby.

Cheers!
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
This hotel offers incredible value for money. For just MYR388 (about AUD$130) I was upgraded to a huge executive king room, big bathroom with separate tub and rain shower, desk and lounge chair. The room was very well appointed and look newly refurbished. As a Diamond I also received a plate of chocolates, a plate of fruit, two bottles of water and a late check-out to 4pm (which was poorly ruined by a call at 2.50pm to see if I was extending my stay).

I took the KL Ekspress from the airport to KL Sentral for MYR35 and then a taxi which was a flat MYR24 (I think there was a 50% surcharge for after midnight).

I'd stay again in a heartbeat.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
This hotel is a good value at 240RM but is a pretty standard Hilton. I was upgraded to the Executive floor but don't think the rooms are necessarily any better aside from the view and EL access. Welcoming fruit tray and chocolates were nice. Standard amenities. Cocktail as 2 hours and of average quality and limited beverages. Much better EL experience this time as noisy children were sent away after the first outburst. Breakfast in the main lobby was poor to average and hectic.

This is certainly the least desirable Hilton property in KL but is 2/3 the cost.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: Accor Platinium,IHG GOLD, HILTON GOLD, MARRIOTT GOLD
Smile

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
This hotel is a good value at 240RM but is a pretty standard Hilton. I was upgraded to the Executive floor but don't think the rooms are necessarily any better aside from the view and EL access. Welcoming fruit tray and chocolates were nice. Standard amenities. Cocktail as 2 hours and of average quality and limited beverages. Much better EL experience this time as noisy children were sent away after the first outburst. Breakfast in the main lobby was poor to average and hectic.

This is certainly the least desirable Hilton property in KL but is 2/3 the cost.
Hi, may I know How you secured such low rate from hilton PEtaling jaya? Is it a corporate rate?:-:
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:08 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Hilton Petaling Jaya hotel Trip Reports and Reviews

It was the CNY rate. The KL hilton was 400 per night including taxes. I spent 5 nights there.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:59 am

Well,the Doubletree by Hilton KL seems a much better deal then Hilton PJ hotel,be it a paid night or an award one.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Any updates on this property ?

Curious on their upgrades for Gold, will lowest-tier room net you a Exec upgrade ?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:59 pm

As a Diamond I got an upgrade to a large suite from a very cheap RM 220 ++ rate last year. I thought lounge was very nice, in some ways preferred it to KL Hilton (soft drinks available in self service fridge etc). Breakfast in lounge was good. Thought it was very good value.

The taxi situation in the morning is not good, there can be waits sometimes.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by wantan
Any updates on this property ?

Curious on their upgrades for Gold, will lowest-tier room net you a Exec upgrade ?
Yes, I have stayed at that hotel as a Gold and was upgraded to the Exec Floor. Evening cocktails / snacks were OK (I still prefer the KL Hilton lounge by a wide margin) and also prefer breakfast in the restaurant, though the lounge has a far better ambiance.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Are the taxis still quoting off the meter ?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by 2035
As a Diamond I got an upgrade to a large suite from a very cheap RM 220 ++ rate last year. I thought lounge was very nice, in some ways preferred it to KL Hilton (soft drinks available in self service fridge etc). Breakfast in lounge was good. Thought it was very good value.

The taxi situation in the morning is not good, there can be waits sometimes.
Originally Posted by TinDrum
Yes, I have stayed at that hotel as a Gold and was upgraded to the Exec Floor. Evening cocktails / snacks were OK (I still prefer the KL Hilton lounge by a wide margin) and also prefer breakfast in the restaurant, though the lounge has a far better ambiance.
Thanks for the feedback. Having just completed my stay, I found the lounge offerings (F&B) poor compared to Hilton Sentral or even DoubleTree. No dinner replacement here :P

But what I would want to complain about is the alcohol selection, beer from a tower (instead of bottle/tin) , 2nd rate liquors (supermarket vodka, red label whisky instead of typical jack daniels, 1 cheapo red & white wine instead of 2 choices). Service was also mediocre with (the same) staff asking for room number at least 3x in an hour. Needless to say, everything is self service including refills.

Otherwise nice refurbished room though more of a DoubleTree standard than Hilton. No problems with car park and breakfast was normal for Asian based hotels.

In all, an acceptable property. Got upgraded to the Exec level room from lowest tier so any complaints are probably only valid for anyone paying for the privilege.

My tip would be to burn points at the DoubleTree (4000points+RM111) for basic room , get upgraded (so far 11/11 times for me) and enjoy a overall superior experience ^

Last edited by wantan; Jan 18, 2015 at 8:39 am
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:33 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by wantan
Thanks for the feedback. Having just completed my stay, I found the lounge offerings (F&B) poor compared to Hilton Sentral or even DoubleTree. No dinner replacement here :P

But what I would want to complain about is the alcohol selection, beer from a tower (instead of bottle/tin) , 2nd rate liquors (supermarket vodka, red label whisky instead of typical jack daniels, 1 cheapo red & white wine instead of 2 choices). Service was also mediocre with (the same) staff asking for room number at least 3x in an hour.
Interesting.
I stayed at all three properties over the Xmas/NY period and thought the PJ lounge was the best of the three.

Widest food options including a number of real hot dishes and a good selection of deserts, as well as sushi and other cold selections. By contrast the DT (which was packed to overflowing with kids) really only had heated canapes and a few cold selections, Sentral was in the middle with a few more meaningful items.

Whilst the beer comes from a tower it is refilled from a can (just presentation and keeping it cold). The wines at all the lounges were fairly mediocre, mostly Chilean. And the staff at PJ were very attentive on my visit, including making a very strong G&T (staff at Sentral also very good, at DT they were overrun with the crowds)

As Gold got EF upgrades at all three properties.
Downstairs breakfast is pretty decent and probably better than Sentral, but overshadowed by Makan at DT.

--

Travelled from the DT to PJ via the MRT (Ampang Park to Asia Jaya) - easy connection at the DT end. About a 500m walk at the PJ end over an average footpath, and then crossing a 6-lane road (which under a trial is one-way).
Also note that a Sheraton is due to open in 2017 on the opposite side of Federal Highway (closer to Asia Jaya station)

Last edited by moa999; Jan 19, 2015 at 10:39 pm
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:55 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by moa999
Interesting.

Travelled from the DT to PJ via the MRT (Ampang Park to Asia Jaya) - easy connection at the DT end. About a 500m walk at the PJ end over an average footpath, and then crossing a 6-lane road (which under a trial is one-way).
Also note that a Sheraton is due to open in 2017 on the opposite side of Federal Highway (closer to Asia Jaya station)
Sorry for getting a bit OT, but how did you get the info on the Sheraton? Since the last Sheraton at Subang (years agao) went off the SPG map, there has not been much growth in the area besides that Aloft about 2 years ago.
Was around the area few weeks ago and was surprised again at the construction in the area... people I knew did not know what was coming up - but now I know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.