Hilton Petaling Jaya {MYS}

Old Jan 29, 02, 5:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Petaling Jaya {MYS}

Hi Gang - Anyone stay at the Hilton in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia) ? How was it etc .-- Is it really only 15 minutes from KL central ? - THANKS - kazman
Old Jan 29, 02, 9:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold VIP,QP Gold, PC Platinum, pleb everthing else
kazman

Stayed there last October. It is a nice property but well out of the central city, about 35/40 minutes by cab at peak time which in KL is all the time except 11.30am on Sundays

------------------
JBC
If it is to be, it is up to me
Old Jan 30, 02, 6:20 am
Suspended

PJ Hilton is located next to the Highway leading to Kuala Lumpur city centre. Allow between 30-45 mins (longer during peak hour jam)to get down to KL.

Its very much a business hotel, not grand but decent.This property has been around for a very long time and is in fact the very first deluxe hotel on the outskirts of KL. The japanese restaurant is very popular with the locals.

Its a good place to stay if your business takes you to Petaling Jaya or Shah Alam, but not so if you have meetings in KL city centre or if you are on vacation. Kuala Lumpur has so many 5 star hotels at dirt cheap rates, so theres not much point to stay in the suburb unless you have dealings there.
Old Jan 30, 02, 11:37 am

It's been a couple of years since I was in KL, but I stayed at the Ritz Carlton there (which is a really fantastic property) for $75/night. I think it's actually cheaper now. I highly recommend just paying to get a good 5 star hotel in the city if that's where you're going to be doing things. Traffic getting into the city was a killer.
Old Jan 29, 04, 10:44 pm

Email Address for Hilton Petaling Jaya

Hello!

I am wondering whether anyone here has an email address for the Hilton in Kuala Lumpur. I stayed there earlier this month on a hhonors stay, and paid the bill on the way out. There was an additional charge made to the credit card a few days later. I am curious what this charge is for.

Regards,

Emil
Old Apr 19, 06, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
Hilton Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

Will be staying there next week and did search and did not find any recent info on the hotel. Has anyone been there recently. Do they have tours you can get from the hotel? Do they recognize Diamonds with upgrades? Any other info will be appreciated also. Wife would like to shop and is wondering what the best buys are there. Thanks in advance for the info.
Old Apr 20, 06, 12:40 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG
I would like to second the request. I am considering a night here to decompress a bit on my SE Asia trip in May and the rates are quite good.

If anyone has recent info on the Executive Lounge and Gold benefits I would be most appreciative.

Thanks!!

P.S. I too did a search........
Old Apr 20, 06, 6:26 am
Suspended

I have only stayed there once (more than a year ago on a mattress-run to requalify for Gold ) but I do dine there regularly. The hotel lobby is usually very crowded due to the popularity of the several Asian restaurants in the hotel. The Japanese restaurant Genji , Malay restaurant Paya Serai and Chinese restaurant Toh Yuen are very popular.

The hotel is old and consists of 2 wings. I believe the rooms in one wing have been refurbished, and I was informed by the Executive Lounge agent that the other wing where the Exec Lounge is located will be refurbished in 2006 (sorry I cant remember whether they call it north,south,east or west wing).

Diamond/Gold Upgrade : As a Gold I did not have any problem with upgrade to the Executive floor but that was before the devaluation of Gold last year. However I had an issue with them on my super cheap weekend rate (for locals only) when they refused to give me my stay credit, but HHonnors sorted out the problem ^ .

Executive Lounge : The lounge is OK, cosy but not fantastic. This hotel is not a highend property, hence you get a very mixed crowd there; and some are not familiar with the right etiquette when using the lounge. I have never been to a lounge where I encountered so many rude/inconsiderate guests but then it could just have been my unlucky day. Food ,however, was decent and they also serve an afternoon tea with various varieties of local cakes/snacks.

If breakfast at the ground floor restaurant Paya Serai is an option, go for it. Very impressive buffet spread but the restaurant tends to be very crowded and noisy.

Location : As you may already know the PJ Hilton is located right next to Federal Highway which is the main road leading into KL city. There is a small town centre with some shops and restaurants next to the hotel but nothing in terms of shopping mall etc. About half a mile down Federal Highway is Amcorp Mall which is a small shopping mall catering mainly to residents in the immediate vicinity. Another couple of miles further down the Federal Highway is MidValley Megamall http://www.midvalley.com.my/ which is one of the largest shopping mall in Asia.

Local Tours : KL is a small place and there isnt much in terms of sightseeing. You can easily take a taxi to the Petronas Twin Towers, KL Tower, Petaling Street etc by yourself.

Alternative Hilton : If you are flying thousands of miles to get here, I suggest paying a little bit more and stay at the new KL Hilton at Sentral which is one of the best Hilton worldwide (much nicer than the overhyped new Sydney Hilton or Athens Hilton !)

Last edited by mario33; Apr 20, 06 at 6:44 am
Old Apr 20, 06, 8:10 am

hilton pj

Hi - stayed there last year. As a gold was upgraded to an executive floor room. Hotel is great value for money but as stated, would probably pay the extra $20-40 and stay at the Hilton KL. The lounge is great, good breakfast and evening choices (you really could skip dinner if you wanted). The pool is great and the gym is professionally run. Location - it's about a 5 min walk down a busy main road to the LRT (local train) - Asia Jaya station. When arriving at Asia Jaya station you will be able to see the hotel in the distance. Gold amenity is typically fruit and some water. Room is nice with robe, slippers, etc. Nothing amazing but reasonable 4* rooms. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 20, 06, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
Thanks for the updated info. We will be staying in the KUL Hilton also. Will be there May 1st and I understand that is a holiday. Does everything close up then?

Thank you again for the information.
Old Apr 20, 06, 10:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ernie8575
Thanks for the updated info. We will be staying in the KUL Hilton also. Will be there May 1st and I understand that is a holiday. Does everything close up then?
May 1st is Labour Day ,and only banks and offices will be closed. Most (if not all) shops and restaurants will remain open. Be prepared for massive crowds in shopping malls etc

If you are staying at the KL Hilton first, keep your expectations low when you move over to the PJ Hilton which is at least 2 notches down.

The PJ Hilton,however, has better restaurants than the KL Hilton. If you want to dine in the hotel, do it at the PJ Hilton. KL Hilton's restaurants are only mediocre, pretentious (trying too hard to be hip) and substantially overpriced (especially at Senses )

Enjoy your stay !
Old Apr 20, 06, 1:11 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Silver
I have just stayed there a few weeks ago. As i was booked on the Executive rate, so I cannot comment on upgrade matters..

The wings are East and West. Executive wing is the East.

You may be interested to see some of my pictures of both Hilton KUL and PJ below...

http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yan...at77/my_photos
Old Apr 20, 06, 1:19 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG
Thank you, Jubilee777!! The Hilton PJ doesn't look all that bad; I have seen worse in Europe and elsewhere!!
Old May 12, 09, 6:48 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I am scheduled to stay one night at this property at a rate of fewer than US$59.00. The rate at the Hilton Kuala Lumpur hotel was greater than twice the rate of the Hilton Petaling Jaya hotel.

I estimate that a taxi from the international airport will cost approximately US$25.00 one-way, and it is 11 stops on the Putra LRT line to Kuala Lumpur City Center. I do not know the cost of the fare between the Asia Jaya or Taman Jaya stations, where this Hilton property is located, and the Kuala Lumpur City Center station.

Based on the reviews, I am not expecting this hotel to be spectacular, but it should adequately serve my needs. The main goal is basically to visit the Petronas Twin Towers. My flight from Singapore is scheduled to land at 8:15 in the morning, so I should hopefully have time to get to the Petronas Twin Towers and secure a free ticket to the observation bridge.

Are there any recent reports or additional words of advice one can add?
Old May 12, 09, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
My flight from Singapore is scheduled to land at 8:15 in the morning, so I should hopefully have time to get to the Petronas Twin Towers and secure a free ticket to the observation bridge.
... which appears like you wont get there until late morning. AFAIK the tickets are distributed quite early in the morning. I would suggest going up the KL Tower instead for a better view of KL and the Twin Towers itself.

The Putra LRT station is a good 5-10min walk from the hotel. May be better to take a taxi from the hotel lobby (there is a small surcharge of MYR1-2 at the hotel to encourage drivers to queue at the hotels taxi rank).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: