Wiki Posts
Search

Folio Values

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American EXP, Hilton Diamond
Folio Values

what is not included in the final folio value for a stay? my last few have had differences between the bill, the folio on hilton.com and the amount of points i earned.

i thought it was just room tax, but a few of my stays, the difference is greater than just the tax...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by mbtmsu
what is not included in the final folio value for a stay? my last few have had differences between the bill, the folio on hilton.com and the amount of points i earned.

i thought it was just room tax, but a few of my stays, the difference is greater than just the tax...
Watch out if you have an HHonors phone rep add a car rental or other bonus after the original stay has posted. It invariably screws up the folio value and deducts points since they have to manually force the post and they don't always do it correctly.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:02 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Taxes and car park fees are not included in the on-line folio
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by paul_nl
Taxes and car park fees are not included in the on-line folio
Another possibility is contracted services such as spa, limo... See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543337
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
A number of services you charge to your room are often excluded - non-hotel owned restaurants and other service providers, drivers and cars, etc. etc.

I think I am having a deja vu and have mentioned this before - some HH hotels love you to charge to your room, and the only conveneince you get is a consolidated bill - not extra points for much of your bill. One example is the Hilton Buenos Aires, where when I have stayed there offer to charge meals at a number of restaurants (including Cabaa Las Lilas) to your room; I believe the hotel gets a commission from the restaurant, and you get bupkis from the transaction.

"Bupkis" is not Castellano, Rioplatense or even Lunfardo for goat droppings...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.