Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Bally's and Paris Las Vegas {US-NV} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bally's and Paris Las Vegas {US-NV} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2001, 10:30 am

Cricket4 -- You just encountered an ignorant rep. If your rate qualifies for HHonors points, it qualifies for the Double Dip. Make sure your USAirways number is entered in your folio. Even if not, e-mail or fax a copy of your folio to the HHonors customer service and you will get your miles credited.
Old Sep 4, 2001, 11:25 am

Eugene, that is what I will do. She took my USAir number and then said she couldn't enter it because they don't honor USAir, Thanks for your response
Old Sep 4, 2001, 11:31 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cricket4:
She took my USAir number and then said she couldn't enter it because they don't honor USAir.</font>
Most likely, she just didn't enter proper two-letter code for USAirways...
Old Oct 8, 2001, 5:27 pm

Paris Las Vegas reward

I just called Hilton to find out how to redeem this award and was told that Paris is no longer a "Hilton property". I thought this award was still available. Does anyone know more about this? Thank you, Cricket4
Old Oct 8, 2001, 9:09 pm

That's true, Paris Las Vegas is no longer a Hilton, although staying there generates HHonors points and miles.

I'm afraid that the only HHonors award for that particular property is a part of Vacation Rewards - Paris Las Vegas Tour Eiffel: Two free nights for two, including two tickets to the Eiffel Tower Tour, a $25 food voucher valid at any Paris Las Vegas restaurant, and one buffet breakfast for two in Le Village Buffet. Reward Code: PARLV; HHonors points: 100,000.

Definitely not a good value, IMHO.

Old Oct 8, 2001, 9:37 pm

That's right. This hotel doesn't participate in the rewards except the vacation package. You will get points for the stay and might get upgraded depending on the front desk person. Better to check in at the airport and try your luck there.
Old Oct 8, 2001, 10:59 pm

So, the Paris Las Vegas would qualify as a stay under the EWRDC promo?
Old Oct 8, 2001, 11:24 pm

Yes, it did qualify for me!
Old Oct 9, 2001, 3:57 am

Eugene...that's what I wanted! The two day AWARD, but the CR said they had no way to offer it to me. How do I go about claiming a vacation award if the reps say it doesn't exist? What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Cricket4
Old Oct 9, 2001, 5:35 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Is this really what you want?

2 nights at the Paris Las Vegas
Admission for 2 to the Tower Tour
25.00 food voucher
1 buffet breakfast for 2

for 100,000 HHonors points?

Seems like a poor value to me when Las Vegas hotels can be had for 100.00 or better per night.

TW
Old Oct 9, 2001, 7:15 am

OK OK Ya'll talked me out of the insanity! I do have a lot of points that I was saving for a VIP trip to Egypt, but there is no way I want to go to THAT part of the world at this time. I guess I will look for 6 days at a super resort...somewhere! Thanks for caring, Cricket4
Old Oct 9, 2001, 8:29 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cricket4:
OK OK Ya'll talked me out of the insanity! </font>
Old Oct 9, 2001, 8:42 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
FYI, earlier this year, I tried to get that award during a low occupancy weekend. There were many phone calls with Hilton which ended with them saying they would have to call the hotel and see if those dates were available at the hotel (for different dates). After 2-3 months of this, the Hilton Diamond Desk called me back and said the hotel wasn't going to honor that award. I explained my displeasure and that I had already booked a paid stay (thru Amex Platinum) at the MGM Grand and to please note that I would never stay at the Paris Las Vegas hotel again.
Old Oct 9, 2001, 9:42 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Are you Elite with HHonors?

If so, why don't you consider using the VIP award chart, 100K gets you 6 nights at almost any HHonors property in the world. 150K gets those like the Waldorf.

TW
Old Oct 9, 2001, 9:46 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Yes, Diamond with HHonors, Platinum with Starwood ...

Well, I only wanted to go for 2-3 nights and as people impiled the Paris Las Vegas stopped honoring that award earlier.

In any case I figured out the advice of this group independantly (just pay for LV since it is so cheap). Unfortunately as it turns out my trip was cancelled by the unwillingness of some of the people involved to travel after 9/11. Next time ...

-Rick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.