Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Bally's and Paris Las Vegas {US-NV} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bally's and Paris Las Vegas {US-NV} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2001, 3:36 pm

tried booking myself for 8/16-17 with the Hhonors promo and the Amex promo. Both sold out.

Any other promos going on or alternative ways of getting a discounted rate at this property?
Old Aug 17, 2001, 2:30 pm

Just returned from a 2 night stay at Paris. Had read on these boards to request a room facing the Bellagio fountains. Check-in clerk replied "We do not have rooms with views of other hotels." It was my first trip to Las Vegas so I thought I had it wrong -- I didn't argue. We did get a nice 6th floor room overlooking the pool and Eiffel Tower. We noticed there we two water bottles in the room and were happy to have them to carry with us (very hot). The maid restocked them the following day. When checking out I noticed a room service charge for $10. Front desk explained it was for the water! There was nothing in the room saying we'd be charged so I protested and it was removed. I'd thought it was a Gold VIP amenity. I see from CLT's above post that that isn't the case. Very nice staff and overall a good hotel.
Old Aug 17, 2001, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
At my recent stay at the Paris there was a small card leaning against the bottles of water in the bathroom that advised that there was a charge if you drank the water.

Upon arriving in my room I checked the info for phone charges. The guest directory said there was a 1.00 surcharge with no time limit. When I checked out I found that the charge had increased and was now metered after 30 minutes. The agent said that I should have seen that as it is printed on the check in folio that I sign.

I checked in at the airport counter and the agent tore off the top part to have me initial my rate and tore off the bottom part and handed me the charge cards attached and threw out the body of the folio (where the notice of the charges were)

They offered to remove the charges after they got a managers approval which they said could take upwards of 1/2 hour. I paid the charges and next time in Vegas I will stay at the Venitian!

TW
Old Aug 17, 2001, 6:24 pm

I just stayed at the Paris 8/8 thru 8/11 and was upgraded to Tower View / Bellagio view. At check in I was asked if I wanted a 'room with a view, for being a Gold Card Customer'.
Old Aug 18, 2001, 9:28 pm

Stayed at the Paris Hotel in April. Lovely property, nice guest service associates.

Don't know about Gold benefits, yet, "just a silver" Hhonors member. Remembered Grandma's adage...

"it's nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice".........

Asked "if there was anyway I could get a bigger room with a nice view"?

Viola! " a sweet suite".

Aloha
Old Aug 19, 2001, 6:27 am

Have stayed many times at the Paris. Be warned: it is a lovely hotel, but the new pool cleaning system requires them to practically freeze the water overnight. We go to Vegas twice a year to hang out by the pool, and it was so cold we couldn't do more than wade in it. Everyone else huddled around the edges. It was 95 degrees outside, and still, too cold in the pool. I won't be staying there again.

------------------
Old Aug 19, 2001, 10:08 am

Will be staying here 8/27 - 8/30. Got a room rate of $110/night. As a HH Gold, I'll look forward to ANY type of upgrade.

CS
Old Aug 19, 2001, 10:46 am

Does anybody know if there are plans to terminate Paris (and Flamingo) from the Hhonors Program as far as earning points? If so, ending date.

Old Aug 20, 2001, 8:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChinaShark:
Will be staying here 8/27 - 8/30. Got a room rate of $110/night. As a HH Gold, I'll look forward to ANY type of upgrade.

CS
</font>
ChinaShark -- If you have any AmEx card, you may want want to change your last night (8/29) to a DPAXM package - $79, including 2 Eiffel Tower tickets and a couple other discount offers. See http://www.parislasvegas.com/ for more details.
Old Aug 20, 2001, 11:12 pm

Eugene,

Thanks for the great tip. I'll be looking into that ASAP.

You just gotta love FT.

CS
Old Aug 30, 2001, 9:42 am

Ballys Las Vegas Concierge Level

Has anyone stayed on the Concierge Level at the Las Vegas Ballys? Wonder how the food is as well as the rooms? Thanks for any info.
Old Aug 30, 2001, 10:48 am

I don't know if the rooms are much different than other floors, although they have been remodeled. As I diamond, I have always been upgraded to a suite on one of the top two floors of the hotel (last one had a hot tub). You want to make sure you get access to the "22 club" (or is it "clubb 22") on the 22nd floor. This is the Bally's lounge and they are pretty strict about access. The club is great; free full bar, good breakfast, and good evening appetizers.
Old Aug 30, 2001, 12:18 pm

Thanks for the info--very helpful.
Old Aug 30, 2001, 1:18 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edg1:
As I diamond, I have always been upgraded to a suite on one of the top two floors of the hotel (last one had a hot tub). You want to make sure you get access to the "22 club" (or is it "clubb 22") on the 22nd floor.</font>
edg1,

did you have a "22 club" reservation or a high $$ rate reservation? I like Bally's and now that I'm Diamond I would like the upgrade.

Old Sep 4, 2001, 10:12 am

Ballys doesn't "honor" USAir??

I just made a reservation at Ballys ( got a good AARP rate) and will get HHonors points. I will not, however, be able to double dip since they "do not honor USAir." Has anyone ever run into this? Thanks, Cricket4

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.