Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to get 2,500 points?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2006, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, UA Gold
Best way to get 2,500 points?

I'm 2,500 points shy of my stay at the Hilton Trident in India - what's the best way to get these points. Any credit card sign up bonuses available?
Old Feb 23, 2006, 8:55 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
You can purchase points for 1 cent per point https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/purchasepoints/index.aspx

You can also get 20,000 points by signing up for AMEX HHonors card
Old Feb 23, 2006, 9:57 pm

or join a friend who is travelling and staying at hiltons you get 1000 pts for each valid stay. ^
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:37 pm
Community Director Emerita

Old Feb 24, 2006, 5:45 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, OnePass, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
or join a friend who is travelling and staying at hiltons you get 1000 pts for each valid stay. ^
Wait, what's this?
Old Feb 24, 2006, 6:15 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
If you need them fast, buy them. Bonuses for credit cards and others can take weeks to post.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 12:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Wirelessly posted (My IV to the Net: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Originally Posted by linsj
If you need them fast, buy them. Bonuses for credit cards and others can take weeks to post.
I second the buying of the points if you need them quickly.

If you don't need them for a month or more then try one of the other suggestions.

Last edited by infinityplusone; Feb 24, 2006 at 12:44 pm
Old Feb 24, 2006, 2:08 pm

e-reward
Old Feb 24, 2006, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yyyccclll
e-reward
But it's anybody's guess how long it will take to get enough surveys to transfer points.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by linsj
But it's anybody's guess how long it will take to get enough surveys to transfer points.
True, but there's also no indication as to when the OP needs the points for the reward. Don't forget that it's still not necessary to have the points in the account when the reward is booked - only before the reward stay actually occurs.

When doing it this way, the reward will have to be booked over the phone rather than online, but the OP can then go back and redeem for the certificate by itself at the point when the points are actually there.

Mike
Old Feb 25, 2006, 5:17 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by yyyccclll
e-reward
You can get 3,000 HH points every 3 months. However, you have to earn $50 in e-rewards. That COULD take weeks.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by DCBob
You can get 3,000 HH points every 3 months. However, you have to earn $50 in e-rewards. That COULD take weeks.

Or months. For me it seems like sometimes I get multiple erward mails in one day, and then go for weeks without one. They are really hit and miss.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
You get more emails, if you have the "right profile".
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:53 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Smile HH points

My HH balance is good because of the HH amex credit card. Not a bunch, but enough to suffice for now.

I also got points from AMEX rewards (closed that account after a year), my points redemptions, and e-rewardz redemptions. I bought points, once.

That's all I can think of for quick earning HH points based on my actual experience. Anybody else have ideas for brabob1?
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:56 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Red face

Originally Posted by nako
True, but there's also no indication as to when the OP needs the points for the reward. Don't forget that it's still not necessary to have the points in the account when the reward is booked - only before the reward stay actually occurs.

When doing it this way, the reward will have to be booked over the phone rather than online, but the OP can then go back and redeem for the certificate by itself at the point when the points are actually there.

Mike

I had no idea you could do that?! You can book without the points as long as you have the points by the STAY date? WOW!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.