Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP Gold 100K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Success!! Finally got a BRG approved. Embassy Suites ATL Airport, Hilton Rate: $149, Hotelopia: $135. Now to see if the $50 AMEX shows up after our stay.

Did however get denied at Easyclicktravel. They had the HGI ATL Airport for $64 vs $109 on Hilton's site. Responded back asking why that one couldn't be honored but don't have high hopes based on previous experiences...
Old Jun 21, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: JAL DMD, Hildon DMD, Velocity Plat
Hilton BRG consecutive nights

Hello everyone. I'm a long time reader but have never posted into FT.

I have had some success lately with HHonors approving 5 BRG nights for my upcomnig trip to Europe. On one hotel, my partner and I have BRG'd 3 nights in a row successfully on two different accounts. E.g. Account A = Sat night, Account B = Sun night, Account A = Mon night.

This enabled us to avail of the $50 credit in addition to the price match on each night.

I'm looking for advice on what to do to ensure we don't get asked to move rooms each night. Should we email them in advance with our confirmation numbers and ask them to link our reservations? Or should we just turn up on the first day and bring paper copies of our reservations?

Also, would you know if each of these nights would qualify as a separate stay?

Many thanks in advance
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I must be getting REALLY lucky on my BRGs *knock on wood*

3 weeks ago, successfully submitted a claim for a DoubleTree in Brisbane, CA (near SFO), rate was $15 cheaper on hotels.com. Got a reply within 7 hours of submitting the claim online, rate was matched, and received the $50 Amex gift card within a week.

Yesterday, submitted a claim for an HGI in Toronto (Mississauga) that was cheaper by about $35USD on expedia.com (but of course, on the Hilton site it's in CAD). Was coming up on the 18 hour mark, and I started remembering this thread, and the fear of living out one of these BRG horror stories. I really thought they were going to deny because they used some bogus exchange rate...

But after 24 hours, I received a message saying that because they weren't able to get back to me within 24 hours, they automatically matched the rate, and took an additional $50USD ($53CAD) off the bill (instead of the GC).

Color me surprised and satisfied. And now I'm 2-for-2 *double knock on wood*
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by brooding

I have had some success lately with HHonors approving 5 BRG nights for my upcomnig trip to Europe. On one hotel, my partner and I have BRG'd 3 nights in a row successfully on two different accounts. E.g. Account A = Sat night, Account B = Sun night, Account A = Mon night.

This enabled us to avail of the $50 credit in addition to the price match on each night.

I'm looking for advice on what to do to ensure we don't get asked to move rooms each night. Should we email them in advance with our confirmation numbers and ask them to link our reservations? Or should we just turn up on the first day and bring paper copies of our reservations?

Also, would you know if each of these nights would qualify as a separate stay?

Many thanks in advance
I don't think the Hilton hotel will be happy as they take the extra 2x 50usd hit, whether a franchise or owned by hilton themselves. If you do this you immediately alert them to the fact that guests A+B are cohabiting the three nights and you are both gaming the BRG system.

HH booking t+c's that you agreed to when making initial reservations, no doubt give the hotel authority to charge you the correct rates for gaming your BRG stay, as includes terms including mentioning if you are entitled to a rate, which is not the really case.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
I don't think the Hilton hotel will be happy as they take the extra 2x 50usd hit, whether a franchise or owned by hilton themselves. If you do this you immediately alert them to the fact that guests A+B are cohabiting the three nights and you are both gaming the BRG system.

HH booking t+c's that you agreed to when making initial reservations, no doubt give the hotel authority to charge you the correct rates for gaming your BRG stay, as includes terms including mentioning if you are entitled to a rate, which is not the really case.
What you call "gaming" they may call "playing within the rules."

However, by playing those rules, they subject themselves to being moved on each night, as each night is a separate stay. I would agree that being kept in the same room would be a courtesy, not obligatory.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: JAL DMD, Hildon DMD, Velocity Plat
Indeed nothing in the BRG T&C's prevents two people travelling together to use different accounts to apply for separate BRG's on consecutive nights. Unlike IHG's T&C's for example.

Last edited by brooding; Jun 26, 2014 at 5:17 pm Reason: comparing with IHG
Old Jun 28, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by LAXative
What you call "gaming" they may call "playing within the rules."

However, by playing those rules, they subject themselves to being moved on each night, as each night is a separate stay. I would agree that being kept in the same room would be a courtesy, not obligatory.
Indeed nothing in the BRG T&C's prevents two people travelling together to use different accounts to apply for separate BRG's on consecutive nights. Unlike IHG's T&C's for example.

Not true see http://hiltonworldwide.hilton.com/en...es/terms.jhtml

Point (6)

6. You may only submit one claim for each stay. A “stay” means the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel by the same guest or guests.

A stay is a number of consecutive nights, independent of checking in/out each lunchtime as we all should know.

So since partners A+B occupy (ie STAY !) in a HH BRG room under A's account on night one, neither A or B can legitimately BRG the next second night BRG in name of account partner B

It is then really taking the mickey for those A+B partners to then also BRG the 3rd night on A's account.

This is all one stay. Entitlement attitudes like this by new poster 'Brooding' just spoil the program for those of us who don't abuse it.

Last edited by scubaccr; Jun 28, 2014 at 3:13 pm
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:57 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors

Welcome to FT! Saw your note and wanted to share what I learned.

My colleagues informed me that the best thing for you to do is book the same room type and let the hotel know at check-in that you would like to stay in the same room, and that there is no need for the hotel to do a make ready. Just check the first person out and check the second person into the same room.

Also, would you know if each of these nights would qualify as a separate stay? Many thanks in advance
You would have to book each night separately to capitalize on the $50 AMEX gift check for each night. Otherwise, it would be considered as one stay and only one AMEX check would apply, as it is per reservation.

Hope this helps!
Old Jul 9, 2014, 2:55 pm

misdirected email

I had something weird happen today. I received an email denying a claim for someone else. I submitted a clam yesterday but the response I received is for another person, another hotel, another date, another claim number. This is somewhat disturbing.

As yet I have not received a response to my own claim. Wonder if someone else is getting my hotel room?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: Silver BAEC, Diamond Hilton Honors, Gold SPG
Hilton Best Rate Guarantee: The Definitive Thread

Had some more success on BRGs, that is two out of two for me.

Was quite surprised this one stuck. Have a two night suite booked at the Liverpool hilton, approximately £2 cheaper on Priceline (not the opaque bit) and had it approved and £30/$50 knocked off. All done in less than 24 hours
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Similar to other posters, I also just had a claim approved stating that since it had been over 24 hours they would match the submitted rate. They then went on to say they had still looked and validated the lower rate. Very strange.

Still does not show as update on my account, but it's only been an hour. Part of me expects to have to call them tonight to make sure all good to go.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC,UA,AA,DL,Hyatt,Hilton,Marriott,etc.
Unhappy Non refundable angst !

My recent experience - so far.

Found a great NON-REFUNDABLE RATE on EXPEDIA.
Applied for the $50 AMEX card.
So far they say no-can-do, because I did not book with HILTON.

However, HILTON's policy places all the risk on us when it comes to non-refundable reservations. With a refundable, one can simply book both Hilton and 3rd party, then cancel the Hilton one if they don't PM or cancel the other one if they do.

In this case the price delta is $116-$81 = $35 a nite for 4 nites plus taxes.
About $130 savings. Sometimes these rates vanish quickly. In this case, they did a couple days later.

I finally booked thru Expedia after I called Hilton reservations to see what they could/would do. That request fell on deaf ears.

Suggest revamping their policy, e.g. verify and do an immediate PM when someone calls in.

Last edited by airbuff; Jul 24, 2014 at 3:17 pm
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: Amex Gold, Platinum, AeroplanPlus Gold, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Got success on my first attempt!
Date: July 18th
Found a lower price on both hotels.ca and Expedia.ca $99/night (Free cancellation)
While on Hilton is $109/night, immediately booked and claimed BRG.
The next day I got approval, they matched the lower rate and mentioned the Amex GC will be sent after my stay.

Received my Amex GC today delivered by DHL. Impressive!
Good luck to everyone on your search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Hilton Best Rate Guarantee: The Definitive Thread

Booked doubletree Madrid for one night at 100 euros. Managed a price match and ended up around 31 euros. That's around £25. A great success
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by francismc
Booked doubletree Madrid for one night at 100 euros. Managed a price match and ended up around 31 euros. That's around £25. A great success
There is no Doubletree in Madrid. Did you mean the Hilton at the airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.