Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Finally got the $50 gift card, as well as an $80 check, which I assume was intended to cover the rate adjustment. The math doesn't work, but it seems to me I came out ahead. I'll consider it compensation for having to chase the refund. All's well that ends well, I suppose.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I got one of my claims approved, the funny thing is that instead of adjusting $50 at check-out, they adjust the rate instead which is perfectly fine by me.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone has tried successfully get USD 50 credited at checked out on approved BRG?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:17 am
Used to be highman123

So I did not expect much from Hilton BRG. But this is even more ridiculous than I thought...

Thank you for taking the time to submit a claim form regarding Our Best Rates Guaranteed. We have reviewed your reservation and the information found on www.onhotels.com.

The rates quoted on www.onhotels.com are considered wholesale/FIT, pre-paid rates which may include a voucher. This type of booking is specifically excluded from our Best Rates Guarantee. As a result, we are unable to validate your claim.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, they are worse than IHG now. I got a BRG for a Holiday Inn recently, and it's completely free rather than USD 50 off!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
........no reply after 72-hours, nor any reply from Director of GS nor any of her 3-associates who were prompted that the 24-hour (false advertising) period had come and gone (and the website used for the BRG still showing significant difference to Hilton.com). Looks like it's time to choose Marriott, again!

Originally Posted by kyushuman
I submitted my claim at 7pm (US Central time) on a Thursday, heard back late Sunday night. So apparently 72 "human hours"=24 "Hilton hours". Every time I've had valid BRG claims with Hilton I've been rejected, this time it was a bit iffy, and of course it was accepted! Which is of course the definition of a horrible BRG program....

Last edited by BKKLEE; Apr 29, 2012 at 1:52 am
Old May 2, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by nacho
Anyone has tried successfully get USD 50 credited at checked out on approved BRG?

Thanks in advance!
The Hilton Cape Town City Centre refused to credit me the $50. Said they'd never heard of such a thing!
So after about 8 emails to Hilton BRG, the Cape Town managers got involved and then I got the refund. Plus several more emails because the points never credited. Ridiculous!
Old May 3, 2012, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
FTC complaint filed

.............moved.........

Last edited by BKKLEE; May 3, 2012 at 5:58 pm
Old May 4, 2012, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyushuman
The Hilton Cape Town City Centre refused to credit me the $50. Said they'd never heard of such a thing!
So after about 8 emails to Hilton BRG, the Cape Town managers got involved and then I got the refund. Plus several more emails because the points never credited. Ridiculous!
Wow, that's pretty bad. I guess I might have to contact the hotel directly to arrange that USD 50 credit thing.

I actually wrote to the one who approved my BRG and she said that the hotel is already advised that there will be a USD 50 (EUR 37.99) credit at check out.

The good thing is that I have her word and e-mail, and she does seem to reply.
Old May 4, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by nacho
Wow, that's pretty bad. I guess I might have to contact the hotel directly to arrange that USD 50 credit thing.

I actually wrote to the one who approved my BRG and she said that the hotel is already advised that there will be a USD 50 (EUR 37.99) credit at check out.

The good thing is that I have her word and e-mail, and she does seem to reply.
I do think you'll eventually get it, it just might take some time on your part. I was actually not as worried about that $50 as the 12K points plus the fact that I got the CPT hotel for about US$99! Most important was that they matched the rate, since CPT hotels in March were super expensive anyway--and if I got a BRG, then I could stay at the Hilton as a HHonors Gold and get lovely breakfast in the restaurant, plus pretty much self-service drinks in the Club Lounge.
So surprised they matched the rate in the BRG. Not surprised hotels have never heard of it--since of course, nobody ever gets a successful BRG!
Old May 9, 2012, 2:24 pm
GSR

Programs: AA 2MM
Worked for me

I submitted a BRG yesterday and got a reply within 12 hours saying it was accepted, so the program does in fact work.
Old May 9, 2012, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Hilton BRG? That's a scam!

I found a rate of 58 $ for the Hilton Garden Inn Rockford, NJ. My claim got approved within a few hours.

It then turned out that we need to be in the same area a couple of days later. Logically, I filled a new claim for the new stay. This time, my claim was not answer within a few hours. It took over night. And surprise, surprise, the rate was adjusted on Expedia.com from 58 $ to 78 $. Needless to say that Hilton did "not find the lower rate" and denied the claim
Old May 9, 2012, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GSR
I submitted a BRG yesterday and got a reply within 12 hours saying it was accepted, so the program does in fact work.
I'd wait if you actually get the $50 before claiming it works. My experiences are pretty mixed.
Old May 25, 2012, 9:31 am

Questions

Hi, guys, I'm new here, and have some questions. If I reserve a cancellable rate up to 4pm on the day of arrival on hilton.com and found a cancellable rate up to 3 days before arrival on other websites, will my claim be approved? Has anyone has any experience on that? Thanks
Old May 26, 2012, 11:34 am

Received a denial the other day which included a screenshot from the BRG staff member, which included the time on her desktop clock in Texas: 1:18a.m. I was quite surprised as I assumed the BRG desk was a strictly business hours affair.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.