Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: EK Gold CX Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by storewanderer
I noticed on my last BRG that three weeks after my stay I still did not receive the $50 AmEx Card. I emailed the BRG e-mail address. The next day I was provided with a tracking number which showed it had been mailed that day.

I wonder if it would have ever been mailed had I not followed up.

I think there are laws in the US that prohibit false advertising and breach of contract...

There is no law that requires Hilton to have a BRG so if they don't want to pay up, they should just eliminate it... it is causing more ill-will than good-will.
Completely agree with your last statement. I mailed and called numerous times and kept track of all the people i spoke and mailed. Maybe not living in the US made a difference in my case versus yours. Up until today, the whole BRG program leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Being happy that a claim got ackowledged but no follow up after that (despite numerous mails and calls)...

Last edited by Haaienvoer; Sep 24, 2015 at 7:43 am
Old Sep 24, 2015, 4:35 pm

Guys,

Is early departure (with no fee) means breaking the t&c's of BRG? I checked out in the evening on day before checkout date and I've got "late cancel" (so no points for paid night and non-qualifying stay) and problems with accepting BRG.

Maybe @HHonorsRepresentative can help with this one?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by luziczek
Guys,
Is early departure (with no fee) means breaking the t&c's of BRG? I checked out in the evening on day before checkout date and I've got "late cancel" (so no points for paid night and non-qualifying stay) and problems with accepting BRG.
Maybe @HHonorsRepresentative can help with this one?
Why did you check out then?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:17 am

Because I needed to leave earlier that I originally expected. Since there were no early departure fee I thought it won't be a problem.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by luziczek
Because I needed to leave earlier that I originally expected. Since there were no early departure fee I thought it won't be a problem.
But why check out at all if you were worried it would affect your BRG?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 11:21 am

That's the thing - I wasn't worried, because it shouldn't affect the BRG The situation came up few weeks after stay. I will know for the next time, but I think that early departure isn't breaking the t&c's - just want to review my point of view.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 8:31 am

Past the 44 hour mark on my latest BRG claim. Why am I not surprised?

Last edited by UpgradeMe; Sep 27, 2015 at 10:10 am
Old Sep 27, 2015, 3:34 pm

Just sent one too. Let's see, but I'm not an optimist in this case...
Old Sep 27, 2015, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Past the 44 hour mark on my latest BRG claim. Why am I not surprised?
"Approved" at the 46 hour mark. But in all too frequent occurrence, the rate was not adjusted and an updated confirmation was not sent.

Let's see how long it takes for the BRG desk to respond to my latest email.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:28 am

Just got approved after 19hrs.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Let's see how long it takes for the BRG desk to respond to my latest email.
I received a response (and an updated confirmation) in less than 24 hours.

Score one for HHonors!
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Can someone enlighten me please: I have submitted a BRG claim with Hilton last Thursday (i.e. 5 days ago), and still haven't received any response whatsoever. Yet UpgradeMe and luziczek have each submitted a more recent claim to which they've already received replies (see above posts). Is the Hilton BRG desk not treating incoming claims on a first come, first serve basis?

Note: I have PM'ed Ashleigh, however no result thus far...
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by BruTrip
Can someone enlighten me please: I have submitted a BRG claim with Hilton last Thursday (i.e. 5 days ago), and still haven't received any response whatsoever. Yet UpgradeMe and luziczek have each submitted a more recent claim to which they've already received replies (see above posts). Is the Hilton BRG desk not treating incoming claims on a first come, first serve basis?

Note: I have PM'ed Ashleigh, however no result thus far...
OK...this is spooky, but just around the time I posted this, I finally received the first reply (5 days after submission of the claim) from Hilton:

"
Sicne we were unable to review your claim withi the promised 24 hour timesframe, I am happy to approve it as a gesture of goodwill. Please allow 48 hours for your rate to be adjusted matching the lower rate and a re-confirmation" + promise of the $50 gift card.

All in all a very correct treatment from Hilton: they acknowledge being outside the 24hr review window, hence approve "no questions asked". Not sure whether Ashleigh played a role behind the scenes, but I feel treated in a fair way (despite the frustration of having to wait 5 days). Nice work...I will be back.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:33 pm

They will soon start losing money on goodwill rather than valid claims

Last edited by luziczek; Sep 28, 2015 at 2:39 pm
Old Sep 29, 2015, 3:27 pm

Gotta give two thumbs up for the Best Rate Team. I don't know what has happened but suddenly they are on the ball. My last two claims were answered within 24 hours. One was approved and one wasn't. I emailed back with a screenshot on the one that wasn't and actually got a timely email response with an approval. Color me impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.