Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inns - do you (Golds/Diamonds) always get your $5 pantry coupon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inns - do you (Golds/Diamonds) always get your $5 pantry coupon?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2006, 8:27 pm
DAL

Originally Posted by Abidjan
This is the first HGI - HGI Huntsville, Alabama - where I did not receive the pantry coupon, the first out of 15 HGIs I've stayed in this year. Today, only received two water coupons. And I've always chosen and received the points option. So, maybe they are following their own rules OR this property is out of the loop....
Is this the brand new HGI near Space Camp and the Space and Rocket Center? I just noticed Wednesday that they're open, DC's might need some education on HH! Can you tell me how this hotel was because I'm thinking of using it in the future for visitors (business)? Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:59 am
Original Member

My last stay at the downtown PHX HGI in August got me an upgrade to a suite (first time I've ever received an upgrade at an HGI as a Gold), certs for 2 bottles of water and the breakfast coupon was for the full hot breakfast (paid to upgrade it for a few dollars the previous year). They have a good spread at this location with the hot food out so you're not limited to what the chef wants to give you. They also have an omlette station but the buffet scrambled eggs are also very good.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold - HH Diamond
You know, I'm not sure. I believe it is the new HGI. Outside of the MyWay benefits issue, another solid HGI. Nice gym (actually one of the nicer ones I've seen). Restaurants somewhat close by - a good selection about 4-5 miles away, an easy drive. I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by DAL
Is this the brand new HGI near Space Camp and the Space and Rocket Center? I just noticed Wednesday that they're open, DC's might need some education on HH! Can you tell me how this hotel was because I'm thinking of using it in the future for visitors (business)? Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2006, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Have stayed five times since August at HGIs- Tulsa, Phoenix Airport and Providence Airport (3). Have always received 2 bottles of water, $5 pantry coupon, and continental breakfast vouchers. At Phoenix, I had a suite and also received a gift box of pistachio nuts.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Abidjan
You know, I'm not sure. I believe it is the new HGI. Outside of the MyWay benefits issue, another solid HGI. Nice gym (actually one of the nicer ones I've seen). Restaurants somewhat close by - a good selection about 4-5 miles away, an easy drive. I hope this helps.
Yes it is the brand new HGI near the space center in Huntsville. It opened in October. It's the only HGI in the city. The only other Hilton properties currently there are a couple of Hamptons, but there is an Embassy Suites going up downtown that's scheduled to open in late 2006.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 12:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA nobody, HH Silver, MR Gold
In the last 6 months I've stayed at HGI's in Boise, Chicago, Dallas & San Fran and Philly and have always get either a pantry coupon or a room upgrade.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 7:29 pm

Programs: MVPG(since03), HHg
Smile

stayed last week at lax twice, seattle once, at HGI's. got the water, the $5's, the breakfeast coupon.

but the pizza from the pantry was horid in my microwave (still yummy). no beers available in seattle. awesome popcorn! and the in room coffee was perfect.

only gold, but i have never (yet) seen a fabled jacuzzi room. they do exist, right????

b
Old Jan 20, 2006, 8:04 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Originally Posted by burkestr
stayed last week at lax twice, seattle once, at HGI's. got the water, the $5's, the breakfeast coupon.

but the pizza from the pantry was horid in my microwave (still yummy). no beers available in seattle. awesome popcorn! and the in room coffee was perfect.

only gold, but i have never (yet) seen a fabled jacuzzi room. they do exist, right????

b
I got a jacuzzi room in Napa, CA. It ruled! Sadly, I was there alone on business.

FYI: I believe the $5 pantry coupon cannot be used for alcohol.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 8:38 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by Uniter
FYI: I believe the $5 pantry coupon cannot be used for alcohol.
Must be a local thing. I've had many a brewski's off a $5 coupon.
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:22 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I frequent the HGI Innsbrook in Richmond, VA and they always say "we do not participate" in the $5 pantry coupon program.

They have been saying the program is about to be discontinued for a couple years now.

Anyway, I decided to call the manager on their response this time and he basically had an "I don't care, each property is free to do as they choose attitude".

After he declined to take my copy of the benefits / T & C's, I said thanks for listening and phoned in to guest services the issue.

I've been checking in here for years and they just rubbed me the wrong way on this today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.