Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inns - do you (Golds/Diamonds) always get your $5 pantry coupon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inns - do you (Golds/Diamonds) always get your $5 pantry coupon?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2005, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Gold - HH Diamond
For those of you who received all the items, was your gold/plat My Way benefit set to receive items or points (500 in the case of HGI)?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I elect the extra Hilton points for Hampton and Embassy only; at those two it means foregoing one bottle of water and a packet of cookies (that I really don't want anyway). I'm not willing to waive my "benefits" at the others as it might mean missing an upgrade - or the $5 H G I pantry coupon.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 6:46 pm

Deleted duplicate

Last edited by Abidjan; Dec 5, 2005 at 6:49 pm
Old Dec 5, 2005, 6:47 pm

Makes sense. But it's still a crap shoot it seems. Tonight I was upgraded at the Hilton Birmingham, AL for the 3rd time this week (nice btw), although my option is 1,000 points. At one time, I know the list of participating hotels was fairly small. But now I don't think a list exists - possibly everyone is "participating?" Tomorrow night is the HGI in Montgomery - my option is the points. We'll see what happens.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 6:37 am

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by illa bells
Per the Hilton Honors website:

How often do you receive your $5 pantry coupon? I'd say I receive it 30-50% of the time.
It always works fo rme at the HGI bythe airport in ABQ. Since I do not usully want any of the food I have ended up with a new hairbrush, nail clippers, chapstick, socks ....
Old Dec 6, 2005, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Did not get one last night, but I guess technically I was "upgraded" as when I made the reservation they couldn't guarantee the king bed I wanted. When I checked in they had a king size bed for me. But I was checking in at 11:00 PM at an airport location and leaving by 6:15 AM this morning, so I really didn't care. I did get a coupon for two water bottles, which I always appreciate.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Was this the ABQ Airport location? They considered the jacuzzi tub an "upgrade" for me so there went the $5 coupon!
Old Dec 6, 2005, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
No, it wasn't.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 5:08 pm

Programs: UAL1K 2MM UGS, Hilton Gold
HGI SFO South ("Burlingame"). Always, don't have to ask.

HGI SFO North ("San Bruno"). Never, even if you ask, often get a blank stare.

HGI Mountain View, CA. Always.

Lihu'e 1k
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:22 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
always have been given the $5 coupon w/o asking. ^
Old Dec 8, 2005, 7:09 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Possible heads up

Word from a General Manager at a Hilton Garden Inn this week out in the Midwest is that the whole Pantry coupon benefit is being scrapped next year.
Being I received the benefit once or twice in years it's hard to say I will miss it.
The most amazing thing I will miss is the entertaining 22 versions of how one qualifies or doesn't for the benefit depending on who you speak to.
The properties have a number of versions and HH has a number of their own!
Old Dec 8, 2005, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Was this the ABQ Airport location? They considered the jacuzzi tub an "upgrade" for me so there went the $5 coupon!

Twice I have got the $5 cupon and the jacuzzi tub room at the same time! We'll see what happens when I am there again later this week.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 12:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond; National C ar Executive Elite
usually get an upgrade and coupon

Stayed at an HGI twice this year: once in Alpharetta, GA and once in Ithaca, NY. Both times I got a suite upgrade and coupons for free water and $5 from pantry.

Not bad...can't complain...big fan of HGI...especially the new ones (Ithaca, NY).
Old Dec 31, 2005, 3:28 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No coupon at HGI JFK. I wasnt fussed since no use to me - arrived midnight and leaving before 6am.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Always get mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.