Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inns - do you (Golds/Diamonds) always get your $5 pantry coupon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inns - do you (Golds/Diamonds) always get your $5 pantry coupon?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2005, 8:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AAGold, SW-RR, HertzGold, Marriott, Starwood-Plat
Detroit HGI "nothing for this Diamond"

Had a recent 1-night point stay at the downtown Detroit HGI and there was no recognition of Diamond status guest whatsoever (no coupons, no water, no letter, no mention, no nothing).....

Sorta didn't matter as we had a super early flight out the next morning and had to leave before breakfast but.....go figure! The property is super nice though and only about a year old, close to Greektown as well as Ford Field and Comerica Park and has a 1/2 price parking lot next to the hotel valet parking lot ($10 .vs. $20) for overnight parking too!
Old Nov 16, 2005, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
HGI Phoenix Airport

Just checked in to the HGI Phoenix Airport. I was given coupons for 2 bottles of water, $5 off Pavilion Pantry purchase, and continental breakfast. I wasn't upgraded to a suite, but they did deliver a welcome letter and a gift package of pistachio nuts to my room shortly after I arrived.

And all of this despite "My Way" choice of more points!
Old Nov 16, 2005, 4:01 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
I used to stay at HGI more often because this was such a great benefit (water, breakfast AND the coupon) but it is getting much harder to get this published benefit. I stayed a the HGI in Lancaster, PA 4 times in the past 12 months and NEVER gotten a coupon because they "upgrade" to a suite-their idea of a suite is a room on the second floor.

Last two times I've had to stay in the area, I've gone to the HGI in Hershey, much better.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
H G I @ Abq

Checked in last Wednesday night for one night. Was given Continental breakfast cert, coupon for two bottles of water and an invitation to the Manager's Reception (which had ended). Based upon this thread, and my reading of the stated elite bennies, I asked at checkout for 750 points as I got neither an upgrade nor a $5 cert. The clerk took down exactly what I told her word-for-word, but was emphatic that she had no authority on this issue; the assistant manager would be reviewing my request. The key here, I believe, will be whether the manager considers that the bathtub had a jacuzzi feature to be an upgrade as it was mentioned at check-in.

Edited to add: Apparently the jacuzzi was the "upgrade" - I'm not lookin' too fondly on H G I these days.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Nov 25, 2005 at 9:10 am
Old Nov 20, 2005, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1P, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
No problem getting the coupon for bottles of water or $5 off on paid stays. Did have problems with reward nights, but resolved after speaking with the manager on duty.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 6:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Received my coupon on Saturday night, along with two breakfast coupons, at the one in Canonsburg, PA.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 1:09 pm

I don't stay too often at Garden Inns, but when I have, I have always received the pantry coupon.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 6:51 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Motion122
The only time I didn't receive it is when I get an upgraded room, which often happen at the HGI El Segundo. Other HGI's have always given me the coupon.
The only place I have never received the coupon is the HGI El Segundo. It is corporate owned, so it is surprising they don't follow the protocol. The proptocols say you get the coupon if not upgraded. Even when they don't upgrade me, they don't give me the coupon. I haven't ever asked for it because I figure I don't need the ice cream bar

Has anyone ever received a pantry coupon at the HGI El Segundo. If so, I may start to ask.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by SMF Rider
The only place I have never received the coupon is the HGI El Segundo. It is corporate owned, so it is surprising they don't follow the protocol. The proptocols say you get the coupon if not upgraded. Even when they don't upgrade me, they don't give me the coupon. I haven't ever asked for it because I figure I don't need the ice cream bar

Has anyone ever received a pantry coupon at the HGI El Segundo. If so, I may start to ask.
Always received the coupon when not upgraded. I thought that was the norm at the El Segundo property?
Old Nov 25, 2005, 7:44 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Motion122
Always received the coupon when not upgraded. I thought that was the norm at the El Segundo property?
Thanks. I guess I am just unlucky. I will ask from now on. I have stayed there more times than I can count, but have not been upgraded a handfull of times, but I was never given a Pantry Voucher for any of those handfull of standard room visits. I just assumed the full breakfast (rather than continental) was a substitute. Thanks again.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold - HH Diamond
This is the first HGI - HGI Huntsville, Alabama - where I did not receive the pantry coupon, the first out of 15 HGIs I've stayed in this year. Today, only received two water coupons. And I've always chosen and received the points option. So, maybe they are following their own rules OR this property is out of the loop. As we know, definitely a case by case basis which is surely frustrating. I also switched to 1,000 points for my Hilton stay tomorrow night instrad of the upgrade option. Will be interesting to see what happens (Hil Birmingham).
Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Not always. But if I ask, I usually get them. (But I don't really get around to too many Hilton Garden Inns since I don't find them overseas.)
Old Dec 4, 2005, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Yes, I did get the coupon!

Originally Posted by SMF Rider

I rented the room for the day (I had a long lay over between flights) and as I wouldn't be there for breakfast, they gave me 2 extra bottles of water and a bag of cookies as a gift when I checked out.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 7:32 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
At the HGI SFO North I had 3 stays in October and all three times was presented with 2 bottles of water, a breakfast coupon, and a $5 pantry coupon.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 7:39 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Got it last night at Napa, CA HGI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.