Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inns - do you (Golds/Diamonds) always get your $5 pantry coupon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inns - do you (Golds/Diamonds) always get your $5 pantry coupon?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2005, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Only when I remember to ask
Old Nov 14, 2005, 8:47 am
Original Poster

HGI in Seattle-Renton

Had to ask for $5 coupon. Clerk said we don't give those to Golds, but he very reluctantly relented when I told him I'd be happy to show him that it's a published perk on the Honors website.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:21 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Stayed at 3 HGIs lately, Albany Airport, Pasadena/Arcadia Area, and LAX/El Segundo, and each time have been given breakfast coupons, water, and the $5 coupon. I have never been upgraded, but I also don't know if those properties had suites.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Just stayed at the new HGI near Times Square in NYC. Continental breakfast coupon and coupon for a bottle of water. No upgrade (don't think they have any suites) and no $5.00 coupon.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:03 pm

Programs: WN CP, A list+; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite
I always ask for the coupon since it is never included. I occasionallyt have to check back with the front desk when the coupons are not "already in your room". I have noticed that the prices of the items has increased of late too. candy bars went from $1.00 $1.50.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 3:56 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I was told by a property who whipped out the terms and conditions (if remember correctly) it is when an upgrade is not available.
In Philadelphia at the Garden Inn I received both an upgrade and the coupon.
It is my guess it is supposed to be the upgrade or the coupon in the program rules.NOT BOTH
However some properties probably get confused with the rules or don't want to bothered and try to make the guest happy and throw out a few extra dog bones then they actually have too.Considering I have only seen the coupon once or twice I say you are lucky if you ever see it
Old Nov 14, 2005, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
I've never received it at El Segundo.

I was also refused the coupon (yes, I asked) at another HGI based on the fact that I was in a suite. The problem? I had booked and paid for the suite. Therefore, an "upgrade to a suite" was not possible.
Too funny considering your screen name!

Randomman
Old Nov 14, 2005, 4:25 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
I've never received it at El Segundo.

I was also refused the coupon (yes, I asked) at another HGI based on the fact that I was in a suite. The problem? I had booked and paid for the suite. Therefore, an "upgrade to a suite" was not possible.
That is just about the dumbest answer I have heard in awhile.
While its probably not worth your time or effort this property has one of the brightest award winning General Managers systemwide at any Hilton property.
If during normal business hours don't hesitate to ring her up.
She is extremely guest friendly and understands your satisfaction is tied to in house treatment and program satisfaction.
Sometimes a few of the agents are not thinking on their feet.
I go out of my way to stay there as they have been great to me each and every time. One exception to the rule which was prompltly rectified with a smile
Old Nov 14, 2005, 4:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta and United Silver, IHG Plat
I've always seen the coupon unless I swapped to points as well.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 4:41 pm
In Memoriam

always, and they never care if I use it for beer.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Coupons for breakfast - water -$5 pantry at HGI downtown Chicago - and with a priceline booking. also late check-out
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I've stayed at the HGI BWI a few times and have always gotten the $5.00 coupon and the breakfast coupons upon check-in. They also leave bottled water and a package of cookies in my room.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA, Jetblue (love it for the transcons), Northwest, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Avis PS, UCLA fan!
I have stayed at 6 HGI's this past year and the only property that gave me the coupon was the Dublin, OH property.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 11:38 pm

I've had at least a half dozen HGI stays so far this year, and I've yet to not receive the coupon upon check-in from any of them.

Mike
Old Nov 16, 2005, 7:17 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
When I was staying at the HGI in Bloomington, MN I never received the $5 coupon but I would receive the full breakfast, not just the continental. Obviously I valued it a bit more than the $5 one time since I was staying for multiple days.

Lance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.