Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inns - do you (Golds/Diamonds) always get your $5 pantry coupon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inns - do you (Golds/Diamonds) always get your $5 pantry coupon?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:04 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
at mcallen,tx.hgi. never.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 9:37 am
cl_

At HGI Denver-Meridian = always.

At HGI Orlando Airport = I asked and was told they do not participate in that program. Also, I was charged for water - they also do not participate in that program, apparently. I also ran out of toothpaste during that stay, called the desk and asked if I could get some (they advertised that if you forget something like this, they will be happy to give you some for free), I was told to come to the front desk, and once there was told to buy it out of the pantry. When I said I just wanted the kind they gave out, I was told this HGI does not give out toothpaste. So I asked again for my $5 coupon, so I could use that to buy the toothpaste from the pantry, and was again denied.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
How did they explain the sign in your room? Did they acknowledge its existence, but weasel out that "available" does not equal "free"? This management has no idea about customer loyalty - to save a couple of bucks, they're losing repeat business of those reading your post. I hope you will consider posting this attitude at Tripadvisor, as well as letting HHonors know. I think you are owed the (involuntary!) waiver points in this case.

I don't stay at HGI very often. Most recent was PDX where both water and coupon were offered; I ended up getting snacks I didn't really care about. Tampa - Ybor City a couple of years ago was the best as the manager specificied that the voucher included beer! ^
Old Nov 12, 2005, 11:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, UA 2P, US Dirt (Yay!)
The language posted seems like they can weasel out of it -- either an upgrade to a suite, OR $5 coupon. The HGI in Boise that I've been staying at lately takes that tack... You get one or the other.

They also used to consistently have a nice snack basket if you weren't upgraded, but I haven't seen it lately. Will need to ask about that.

The best HGIs are the ones that give you an upgrade and the $5, and no charge for having a full breakfast. But it's been a long time since I"ve run into that combination.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've few times I've stayed as an elite at HGI's I've never been upgraded; I got the impression that (for a single Gold guest anyway) they never considered doing so. Boise-Spectrum was good about the water + pantry coupons. All HGI breakfast coupons have been pretty explicit about cold food only.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
HGI Courthouse Metro, Arlington VA
No $5 pantry coupon. Just 1 free bottle of water. Continental Bkfst coupons upgradable to full buffet for $2.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by bp888
Same here. Haven't been offered breakfast or the $5 pantry coupon ever since I elected ("My Way") for the 750 points.
Actually after my last few HGI stays (Danbury CT, LAS, Addison, IL, Atlanta-Alpharetta, Chesterfield MO), I have recieved the whole coupon package (pantry $5, coupons for bottles of water & breakfast coupons) even after selecting points in lieu of amenities.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
El Segundo has always given me both the $5 coupons and the bottled water as well.
And itsa nice FULL breakfast for Golds and Diamonds too. Great chefs too and Peter is one of the finest waiters anywhere.

MisterNice
Old Nov 12, 2005, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
I've never gotten the $5 coupon but have never really pushed the issue either. I have consistently been given a couple of bottles of water (that's what I want most) and a few times have gone to get extra bottles of water from the pantry and not been charged. It's also nice when they don't charge the couple of dollars for the full breakfast, which I've encountered a couple of times recently.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I haven't gotten any coupons in the 5+ stays this year. Usually only water or such. I guess I should have just selected the extra points.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Always about 25% after asking. Once i had to explain, nicely to the clerk, that she was incorrect. She said since I am a GOLD i don't get the benfit only GOLD VIP's do. sigh...
Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:59 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
This is so weird... I get the $5 coupon + cont breakfast 100% of the time at HGIs. I usually stay in the DC area (Arlington and DC). I get an upgrade at HGI about 50% of the time (last time was at HGI Napa Valley where I got a jacuzzi suite!).
Old Nov 12, 2005, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
The conclusion is that this seems to be all over the map, although per HGI we SHOULD get it always.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Haven't stayed at too many, but I've always gotten the coupon.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 5:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by holtju2
The conclusion is that this seems to be all over the map, although per HGI we SHOULD get it always.
I guess that I've been luckier, but I seem to be able to get a suite most of the time and not the $5 coupon.

"At Hilton Garden Inn hotels, Diamond VIP members will receive complimentary continental breakfast each morning for the member and one additional person throughout the stay and a $5.00 coupon* for use during stay at the Pavilion Pantry (excludes alcohol) or 750 HHonors points if upgrade to a suite is not possible. *Coupon cannot be redeemed for cash. "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.