Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for Booking Reservations On-Line: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus Hilton Honors Points for Booking Reservations On-Line: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2000, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA1MM, *G,HA Premier Club, Hyatt Disc, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTPlat, ClubCarlson Gold, IHG PlatAmb
Benjamin,

Same thing, write an email to Mr. Burke with a break down of your stay, indicating which Tails, You Win bonus you want (i.e. which airline), and it helps if you calculate how many points or miles are missing. You may put this in the same e-mail with your missing online booking bonus.

The HHonors desk, according to someone I talked to, have been pounded heavily these days in the wake of more hotel chains added to the program (Embassy Suites, Hampton, etc.) So the phones are going to be jampacked for awhile.
Old Nov 26, 2000, 10:25 am

Online booking bonus

Do Hilton and their affiliates give any HH bonues for online bookings? I thought that I had read in an earlier post that they did, but have been unable to find it on their web pages.
Old Oct 11, 2001, 7:53 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hilton 1,000 HHonors Point Booking Bonus Back!

It's back!!!!!!!!

Here is a copy of the email I received:

Over the next several months, we'll be making some improvements to our communications for Hilton HHonors® members, designed to bring you more timely news about special offers and opportunities, through email.

If your plans call for travel over the next few weeks, make your Hilton Family reservations online and you can earn 1,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points.

Simply book your Hilton®, Conrad(TM), Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, or Homewood Suites® by Hilton hotels reservation online through www.hiltonhhonors.com or any Hilton HHonors family brand website using your HHonors account number. This offer is available for reservations made between October 15 and December 31, 2001,
for stays completed by March 31, 2002.

You'll receive the 1,000-point bonus after your stay is completed.

Looking to use your HHonors points for a quick weekend break?

Take advantage of big savings on points needed for free nights, with
HHonors Point Stretcher rewards.

QUICK LINKS

Online Reservation Bonus
http://www.hiltonhhonors.net/UM/T.as...1.1.1.26899790

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Please allow three weeks after you complete your stay for the online
reservation bonus to appear in your Hilton HHonors account. This
offer applies to reservations made on the Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree,
Embassy Suites Hotels, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton
Garden Inn, and Homewood Suites by Hilton websites. The 1,000
HHonors bonus points cannot be earned in addition to any other
HHonors points or miles online reservations bonus.

[This message has been edited by Sweet Willie (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old Oct 11, 2001, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Thanks for bringing this to my attention I have 7 stays coming up in November, I will just cancel them and re-do them (if I can get them at the same or a cheaper rate)

Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old Oct 11, 2001, 9:39 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Make sure you get the new ones first, then cancel the old. I did that once in the other direction, and in the time I was canceling the old one (what, three minutes) they sold out and there wasn't any availability. No big deal, went to another property in town, but it can happen.
Old Oct 12, 2001, 5:52 am

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
Online booking bonus

SORRY for the double post...I really did look first. That's what happens early in the a.m. I guess!

[This message has been edited by Watchful (edited 10-12-2001).]
Old Oct 12, 2001, 7:07 am

Earlier this week, I saw that two of my upcoming three stays were pricing cheaper than the rates I had previously booked so I tried to make a new reservation for each before canceling the old ones. The system returned a message like, "We're sorry, but...". So I took the chance and cancelled each reservation and hurried to make them again to get the cheaper rate...no problem then. With this new offer, I'll be doing the same cancel/reserve thing next week.
Old Oct 12, 2001, 7:33 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Great!

---

This offer is available for reservations made between October 15 and December 31, 2001, for stays completed by March 31, 2002.

---

So you must wait until 10/15/01 to reserve it seems?
Old Oct 12, 2001, 7:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The 1,000 HHonors bonus points cannot be earned in addition to any other HHonors points or miles online reservations bonus.</font>
Does this not imply that the ERWDC folks (which most of us are) don't get the 1,000 bonus for online reservations?

[This message has been edited by WindShear (edited 10-12-2001).]

[This message has been edited by WindShear (edited 10-12-2001).]
Old Oct 12, 2001, 7:57 am
DOC 2 BE

Sweet Willie --

All I have to say is:

SWEEEEEEEEEET!

Old Oct 12, 2001, 8:04 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cordelli:
Make sure you get the new ones first, then cancel the old.</font>
True words of wisdom!!!!

Old Oct 12, 2001, 8:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JamesD10:
Earlier this week, I saw that two of my upcoming three stays were pricing cheaper than the rates I had previously booked so I tried to make a new reservation for each before canceling the old ones. The system returned a message like, "We're sorry, but...". So I took the chance and cancelled each reservation and hurried to make them again to get the cheaper rate...no problem then. With this new offer, I'll be doing the same cancel/reserve thing next week.</font>
JamesD10,

What do you mean by the "We're sorry, but..." quote?
Old Oct 12, 2001, 11:53 am

Programs: SPG Plat, lowly UA Silver
Anyone else having trouble with this link? http://www.hiltonhhonors.net/UM/T.as...1.1.1.26899790 ???
Old Oct 12, 2001, 12:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Mileage Schemer:
Anyone else having trouble with this link? http://www.hiltonhhonors.net/UM/T.as...1.1.1.26899790 ???</font>
Sent Hilton an email in regards to this matter, will post reply when I receive it.
Old Oct 12, 2001, 1:37 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks for the heads up. Ive been burning quite a few HHonors points lately so I need to start re-filling the pot !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.