Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:09 pm

Does anyone have an insight on the pricing for a rollaway and/or 3rd guest? Would a rollaway even fit in the Deluxe rooms?

Trying to figure out a 5 night stay with 3 guests (Diamond). I'm not seeing a two bed Deluxe room and the Exec Twin room is 20k+ points more than the Deluxe King.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Doctorslices
Does anyone have an insight on the pricing for a rollaway and/or 3rd guest? Would a rollaway even fit in the Deluxe rooms?

Trying to figure out a 5 night stay with 3 guests (Diamond). I'm not seeing a two bed Deluxe room and the Exec Twin room is 20k+ points more than the Deluxe King.
At least in the Deluxe corner room, a rollaway would be a tight fit.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I suggest to try to reserve a twin bed room - 1 double bed can easily accommodate 2 persons (in particular if the persons are used to sleep in the same bed). If twin room is not available it is worth to check availability again later. The king beds are very large - I deem that they can easily fit 3 persons (2 adults and 1 child) but it really depends on if you feel comfortable or are used to sleeping 3 persons in a bed (it may not be comfortable for the person in the middle unless he/she is used to do that).

Book for 2 persons and stay 3. No need to book for 3 persons or pay for rollaway.

Last edited by SK AAR; Mar 13, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback camsean and SK AAR. Much appreciated. I'll probably just go with the twin room.

Now the question is how lenient they are with Diamond benefits for a 3rd (adult) guest. Anyone have experience with that?
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:01 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Has anyone stayed in the Terrace Suites? the photos look good and getting some stars shining down will be a nice feeling...
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:27 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Has anyone stayed in the Terrace Suites? the photos look good and getting some stars shining down will be a nice feeling...

Have stayed in them a few times. Wife really likes them as she is photographer and great to see take photos of storms at night. I can't remember the number, but a couple look more over buildings, and not that private as Exec Lounge looks down on them. The other side more private and has views over more open land
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:25 pm

Yes, a couple of times and I can recommend them. They are something special. The official pictures give a goood impression about the terrace. Good to have in-room dining or just to chill with a drink. They are not too private, you can be watched from the upper floors. If you stay with children, never - never, never - leave them outside unattended.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gav0106
Have stayed in them a few times. Wife really likes them as she is photographer and great to see take photos of storms at night. I can't remember the number, but a couple look more over buildings, and not that private as Exec Lounge looks down on them. The other side more private and has views over more open land
Originally Posted by thbe
Yes, a couple of times and I can recommend them. They are something special. The official pictures give a goood impression about the terrace. Good to have in-room dining or just to chill with a drink. They are not too private, you can be watched from the upper floors. If you stay with children, never - never, never - leave them outside unattended.
Thank you both for your feedback. In room dining and/or drinks sounds great but a bit of a shame about the reduced privacy though.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Thank you both for your feedback. In room dining and/or drinks sounds great but a bit of a shame about the reduced privacy though.
The reduced privacy is for the terrace itself; there is no compromise of privacy within the room.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:49 pm

If you get one facing the adjacent office towers the noise from the a/c units on those towers will ruin your enjoyment of the terrace.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:19 pm

Does Gold get any upgrade or EL access at Conrad Bangkok?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
No if you book the lowest room as Gold. You have to book corner room to secure EL access. Conrad Bangkok enforced this a few years ago.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Stayed here a couple of weeks ago and again just got put in a corner exec (booked a corner deluxe), which as Diamond is no upgrade at all as I'd have Exec lounge access from the standard deluxe corner.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite

No EL access if you book Deluxe room. You need to book Deluxe corner room as HH Gold

Last edited by SK AAR; Apr 7, 2018 at 2:15 am
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Stayed here a couple of weeks ago and again just got put in a corner exec (booked a corner deluxe), which as Diamond is no upgrade at all as I'd have Exec lounge access from the standard deluxe corner.
I had the same issue once, and politely pointed this out and showed them that a suite of some type was available for the duration of our stay. Took an hour of waiting in the EL, but sure enough we got upgraded to a suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.