Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 6, 2014, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Diego, California, USA {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2001, 10:59 am

I too stayed at the Mission Bay hotel. We got a really nice room, facing the bay. It was nice to have coffee in the morning on the patio. I also appreciated that the property is convenient to SeaWorld (which is fun even without kids), and La Jolla.

As an aside, there is a small place in La Jolla called "The Cottage" that serves a really nice breakfast and brunch.

------------------
Who is John Galt?
------------------
Old Jun 20, 2001, 6:44 pm

I am staying at the Marriott Hotel and Marina for 8 days at the moment. It was a big mistake - I should have gone Hilton.

Sim hates it here, to the extent that she went to the Hilton gas-lamp to have a look, she says it was great and a manager showed here 'round, and even bought her a drink. She has been badgering to move hotel ever since.

I can't be bothered to move hotel, but I did go and look at the hilton. They were really nice people and I really regret I didn't book there instead of the Marriott.

Nick
Old Aug 5, 2001, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any Hiltons With Lounges Near San Diego

I have an eight day trip to San Diego coming up. It looks like NONE of the HH hotels (Hiltons, DT etc) have lounges, but ALL of the Hyatts do (ie I can book PC rooms). I really love the nice lounges especially for these week+ long trips. Do any of the Hilton etc near San Diego have executive lounges? Any HH hotel stand out?

MisterNice
Old Aug 5, 2001, 6:30 pm
Suspended

The gaslamp property has an executive lounge. Nice location with a very friendly staff. Stayed there a month ago and would return again.
Old Aug 5, 2001, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
The Doubletree Mission Valley has an incredible loung - stayed there last month. Had sushi for dinner one nite - lox and bagels will all the trimmings another.

It was a priceline stay and as a diamond they upgraded me, no questions asked and gave me points and miles on the stay

Hotel is on the trolley line and connected to a major shopping center.

Concierge woman very nice and friendly
Old Oct 31, 2001, 8:48 pm

Hilton in SAN?

Has anyone gotten resolution from Hilton regarding the near-free reservations that were such a hot topic a few months ago? I noticed that my reservations have been cancelled by Hilton, without my authorization. What recourse do I have at this point?
Old Oct 31, 2001, 9:37 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by holland:
Has anyone gotten resolution from Hilton regarding the near-free reservations that were such a hot topic a few months ago? I noticed that my reservations have been cancelled by Hilton, without my authorization. What recourse do I have at this point?</font>
I suggest you send an e-mail to [email protected] and request that they look into it and correct their mistake.

Since the "list" enforcers will more than likely ask you to withdraw your post, I'm preserving it. These lieutenants, who serve only the "list" and oppose anyone who goes against their covenant, are counter-productive to FT's purpose.
I wonder if the "list" have managed to get their own "list"@hilton.com to address their issues. hehe

edited to correct the e-mail address

[This message has been edited by anim8r (edited 10-31-2001).]
Old May 23, 2002, 8:33 am

Best location to Airport and Qualcomm Field???

Searched the Hilton board and leaning toward the Hilton Harbor Island and/or DblTree Mission Bay for my stay July 20th to see the DBacks vs Padres. Hoping to get reasonable priceline rates.

I'll be travelling solo this time so no need for car if public transport is available. What about transportation to Qualcomm stadium from the Hilton Harbor Island or the DblTree Mission Bay? Does the trolly line have a website that shows lines and service?
Any other advice for first time visitor to SAN is greatly appreciated. How about side trip to Tijuana to get gifts for the Soonerman Jr. and sis, or is that not wise to do on Saturday given time considerations with game being at 7pm?

Thanks all
Old May 23, 2002, 9:33 am
Community Director Emerita

You can find the San Diego Trolley schedule at:
San Diego Trolley schedule
It is a great way to get to QUALCOMM stadium. It does NOT go to the Airport Hilton; I don't know where the Doubletree is, so am not sure that the station is walking distance. Why don't you give the hotel a quick call?

As for Tijuana, I'd be cautious about going. Since 9/11, security has heightened considerably. It can easily take in excess of 2 hours to come thru US immigration, even for those walking across. I've done it once, and don't care to do it again. If you stay by a trolley stop, you can easily take it downtown and shop at Horton Plaza or take it to Old Town, where again shopping abounds.

I've met a fair number of FTers who have come to San Diego and gotten their rooms through Priceline. I have commonly seen the Harbor Island Hilton, the Airport Sheraton, the Marriott Marina (a great property, and close to a trolley stop), and the Westin Horton Plaza (again, walking distance to a trolley stop). One very lucky FTer got the Gaslamp Hilton for a Sunday night stay.

[This message has been edited by SanDiego1K (edited 05-23-2002).]
Old May 23, 2002, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
DT Mission Valley has a trolley stop just outside the front door. The stadium is maybe 6 stops up, 8 minute ride maybe. Stayed here last summer with the family and really enjoyed it. You can see Qualcomm from the Exec lounge and we took in a Padres game - sat up in the view seats though but there were only 8,000 or so people there. DBacks should bring more.
DT has a great lounge. Drinks and hor's doevrre's from 5 to 7, breakfast in the am. All readily available as HH gold. From the airport, I think there is a shuttle, but we rented a car, maybe 15 minutes up 163 to I-8 then a little confusing turnaround but easy enough to get too. Free parking. Do a search on Hilton forum, others have enjoyed this hotel.

Search for July 20 to 22 at Dt, price returned of $94 per night on a 21 daysaver rate.

[This message has been edited by OB one (edited 05-23-2002).]
Old May 23, 2002, 11:06 am

I second what San1k stated. I think you are thinking of the DBtree in Mission Valley, not Mission Bay. This is just down the street from the "Q". Not as nice as the ones by the water but may be a little less money. Also look into the Embassy Suites Downtown. This is also right next to the trolley and also just across the street from Seaport Village.

DON'T DO TJ!! The lines are very long and you may miss part of the game. Walking and driving is a crap shoot. With you walking, it is even that much more of one.

[This message has been edited by NCRBILL (edited 05-23-2002).]
Old May 23, 2002, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
We stayed at Hilton Harbor Island too one night. It is just across from the airport entrance, but it is not really convenient to Qualcomm and the trolley doesn't go to the airport or Harbor Island. It is pretty on the marina or the bay, however.

I know there is a trolley stop in Old Town, that is probably the closest, but if you take a cab to OLd Town, it would almost be as easy to take a cab to the DT.

Just checked the trolley map.. DT Mission Valley is at Hazard Center on the Blue line, Qualcomm is 4 stops away.
Old May 23, 2002, 11:43 am

Thanks eveyone for the information.

Looking on Orbitz there appear to be numerous 2 an 3 star hotels in the Mission Valley area. Guess I'll roll the dice with Priceline and see what comes up. Since this is really a mileage run with ballgame thrown in, I'm just looking for cheap, clean accomodations. Marking TJ off my list makes more time to explore the area around the bay or ride the trolly around town.

Thanks again
Old May 23, 2002, 7:41 pm

Hilton Torrey Pines vs Doubletree Golf Resort San Diego

I need some advice. I am traveling to California with my 5 and 8 year old daughters in August. I can get 6 nights at either property with points. Which would be better with children ? We want to do Sea World, LegoLand, the zoo, etc. Any advice is appreciated.
Old May 23, 2002, 8:17 pm

Is this the only property you can get into? I would stay at Torrey Pines over DBT because of the location and you wanting to visit the places you mentioned.

Have you tried to get into the Hilton Resort on Mission Bay or even the ES Downtown. I travel with my two kids and I like ES because of the bed they can share in the living room.

But if you have to stay at one of the ones listed, stay at Torrey Pines.

Funny thing I just noticed, your coming to SAN and I'm going to NYC in Aug.

[This message has been edited by NCRBILL (edited 05-23-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.