Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Paris, France {FRA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Paris, France {FRA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: Marriot Gold, Hilton Diamond
OK, I misspoke. There is a Saturday August 12th when nothing is available. So when I entered for a stretch of 5 days that night was not giving me anything available.

Altough, can you do your search for 6 days and see if there is any availability?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'd guess there's a problem with your search.

I see all kinds of availability for Paris La Defense, CDG, and Waldorf Le Trianon.
Hotel Astor and Opera are tougher, which is really not surprising given that August is absolutely the peak of tourist season in Paris (and an awful time to visit the city I might add).

If you do not have sufficient points in your account for the stay, do not login to your account to perform the search, as it will only return availability if you have sufficient points.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:19 pm

If you can find a place, you'll have the city to yourself.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
If you can find a place, you'll have the city to yourself.
The Parisiens who are left behind tend to be quite bitter about it.

Plenty of tourists though.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:03 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
The Astor hotel is under renovation, no rooms till December 2017. So the Opera is the only city location, I would more likely choose the WA in Versailles - it´s just the better hotel, and the location is superb for holidays. And La Defense is only a short train ride from the city center, also better choice then La Opera.

From the 5th of Aug till the 20th, I can book all properties with money or points - no problem. And the rates are low for the properties at this time.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:00 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I've noticed too that during busy times the Opera often shows sold out until close in, at which point lots of rooms suddenly open. If you want to stay there, you could make a cancellable booking elsewhere and monitor the availability when you get within a week or so of your trip.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:54 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Is the Waldorf in Paris though ahaha..
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:40 am

Hi all,

I'm staying in Paris for a night, flying into CDG around 1pm... and then flying out of ORY around 10.30am the next day.

I had thought about doing a 5/6-hour jaunt around Paris, just to see a couple of the sights (not looking to go to in-depth; I've been to Paris a few times before, and I'll go again!). I'd want to pop my bags either in a near-enough hotel or in a luggage store, as we'd head to Central Paris after landing with out bags. Equally, I also don't want to have too much hassle trying to get to ORY the morning of our second flight.

In those circumstances, which would you pick between:
- the Hilton Paris Orly?
- or the Hilton Paris La Defense?

Neither are ideal as both hotels are far enough out from Paris that I can't just pop back middle of the day, and both require a bit of effort either on the day of arrival or on the day of departure. However, both have a reasonable points value (25-35k) compared to the other Hilton properties so I'm choosing between those two. Given the short length of the trip, I think it'd be a waste of points for other hotels which require double to almost triple the outlay of points.

Last edited by Simon Schus; Jul 17, 2017 at 2:47 am
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Which hotel in Paris?

I aplogize but I can't find a previous thread via search on the best recommendation for a hotel in Paris. I am planning a Spring Break trip with a tween and am looking for a centrally located Hilton property with the most spacious rooms close to major sites and shopping. I will be booking on Points and am a Diamond so hope I can get upgraded to a deluxe larger size. I am open to paying for suite upgrade if available. I know Opera has a lounge which is always helpful but I have read all kinds of mixed reviews on customer service. Maison Astor Paris looks sophisticated and chic. I also saw the Nieprce option which has good reviews but looks like some rooms have an attic feel. Which hotel do you recommend for tourists and will also give us that Parisian feel?

For the dates I am going, Opera is 80,000/night. Maison Astor Paris is 64,000/night. Niepce is $68,000/night. Not sure if this is an indication of how nice and better located the property is.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:26 am

It could be based solely on occupancy. When I was in Paris 2 weeks ago, the Maison Astor was around 450 euros and 80,000 points, while the Opera was only around 350 euros.

I chose the Maison Astor since I had a free night certificate.

Since it is going for fewer points than the other 2, I would book it again.

I enjoyed my stay.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
What about location? Is it convenient to main sites and shopping?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:35 pm

I'm looking at a 5 night trip to paris with my wife next July and none of the Hilton award options look very exciting, to be honest. Paris Opera (80K) has many reports of being incredibly underwhelming. La Defense (66K) is too far from the city for it being a very middling level property. WA Versailles (77K) looks fairly nice, but wife will kill me if we have to transit 2 hours total each day. Niepce (54K) seems like a good value, although the property isn't mind blowing. None of these properties are mind blowing, judging from reviews.

The Niepce seems like the play here. Not crazy about the location. The Opera at 80K a night seems like a ripoff, based on people's feedback.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:41 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by jbandy10
I'm looking at a 5 night trip to paris with my wife next July and none of the Hilton award options look very exciting, to be honest. Paris Opera (80K) has many reports of being incredibly underwhelming. La Defense (66K) is too far from the city for it being a very middling level property. WA Versailles (77K) looks fairly nice, but wife will kill me if we have to transit 2 hours total each day. Niepce (54K) seems like a good value, although the property isn't mind blowing. None of these properties are mind blowing, judging from reviews.

The Niepce seems like the play here. Not crazy about the location. The Opera at 80K a night seems like a ripoff, based on people's feedback.
I use Marriott points for Paris - Hilton has Nothing worth looking at there. Very strange considering it is Paris!
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Tomphot

I use Marriott points for Paris - Hilton has Nothing worth looking at there. Very strange considering it is Paris!
I'm beginning to understand that. Hyatt has solid options as well, although I tend to hoard my hyatt points for redemptions under 15K.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I've stayed at the Hilton Opera, two of the Hyatts, and quite a few of the Marriotts. From a chain perspective, I'd give Hyatt the edge-- Marriott has many more choices, but I've found them always a little disappointing, while the Hyatts have delivered great service and nice rooms. It is a pity that the Opera doesn't get its act together a bit more given that the public spaces are beautiful and the location isn't bad. Then again, they always seem to be full despite their high rates and lackluster service, so I guess there's no motivation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.