FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Paris, France {FRA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/467599-discussion-hilton-honors-hotels-paris-france-fra.html)

Kiwi Flyer Feb 12, 2004 1:50 pm

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Paris, France {FRA}

Posts older than 2015 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Paris, France

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

wormtail Aug 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Paris which Hilton to stay at?

My wife and I are planning 3 weekend nights in Paris around the 1st of July, 2017. I'm looking at the properties and the Hotel Astor and Concorde Opera Paris look centrally located for strolling and the Louve. However the Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace Versailles seems intriguing. It would mean commuting into town but if it was a great property it might be worth it.

Opinions welcome.

wizla Aug 27, 2015 9:57 pm

i was in paris early august, i was gonna stay at hilton paris oprea but stayed at the tour effell plaza instead ( and recommend it!!!), the reason i didnt stay was due to 280 euros per night for a basic room......however im glad i didnt stay as i did pop in for a coffee one afternoon, yes its an amazing building and very plush but i felt its in a horrible area of paris, i walked from the hilton after my coffee to the arc de triompe and was approched by beggers every few steps....had some guy even offered me drugs too!.......loved paris but hated the area around the hilton!

adamstewart1980 Aug 28, 2015 2:13 am

we stayed at the opera in july this year, its a great property. the location is brilliant for champs elysees and place de la concord. the staff are very helpful, breakfast was ok - but you are in paris - save your eating for the city. can't recommend this property enough

nicolas75 Aug 28, 2015 4:40 am

Originally Posted by wizla (Post 25339955)
i was in paris early august, i was gonna stay at hilton paris oprea but stayed at the tour effell plaza instead

Maybe it is Paris Opéra and Tour Eiffel ;)

nicolas75 Aug 28, 2015 4:42 am

Originally Posted by adamstewart1980 (Post 25340584)
the location is brilliant for champs elysees and place de la concord.

I presume you are speaking of the Champs Élysées and Place de la Concorde. ;)

ChinaShrek Aug 28, 2015 5:00 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75 (Post 25340926)
I presume you are speaking of the Champs Élysées and Place de la Concorde. ;)

Why give the poster a hard time about the accents? I understood what he meant just fine.

wizla Aug 28, 2015 9:52 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75 (Post 25340918)
Maybe it is Paris Opéra and Tour Eiffel ;)

Yes they are the ones, I was tired when typing.....very observant of you....well done.

jamesteroh Aug 28, 2015 1:14 pm

I'd stay at the Paris Opera ONLY if you are using points. I stayed there in July and the points they wanted online were absurd but the Diamond desk was able to get me a good axon rate. Was ok for the amount of points I used but I would never stay there at the rates they had posted, I would stay at a non-Hilton instead.

Next door to several subway lines. I did walk from the Eiffel tower one night, was a long walk but I like to walk and the weather was perfect and Paris is beautiful at night, just be careful is navigating with apple maps because it did confused with the circle by FDR street

The diamond treatment is awful. I wasn't upgraded and received a small room with a view of a wall. I understand if a hotel is booked they can't upgrade people to a suite, but at least give me a room with a view better than a wall. Room was small but there a closet that was huge and the bathroom was huge and almost as big as the room, I loved the rainfall shower.

Diamonds get the choice of breakfast in the lounge or breakfast room. Breakfast room breakfast was ok, lounge not so much. Even though they limit lounge access to only diamonds and those in exec rooms it was always crowded and the offerings weren't that good. Lounge can't be used for check in/check out (one of the things I like about properties with a lounge) and they refused to give me an early check in.

Pretty easy to get to from the airport, just take the Opera bus and it's about a 1/3 mile walk and the bus runs every 20 minutes. I had an early flight when I left so I used Uber and it was a lot cheaper than a taxi.

wormtail Aug 28, 2015 8:19 pm

Thanks for all of the great information provided. Leaning towards the Hilton Opera. Hopefully using free weekend nights from credit card signups if that deal lasts another year (Never signed up for them before).

Original Poster

mwk190 Aug 28, 2015 8:55 pm

I stayed at the Trianon Palace Versailles on points about 3 years ago- was a great property, very peaceful location. As a diamond received what was probably a one-class room upgrade- very well appointed, relatively large room, great bathroom, french doors opening on small balcony.

IIRC was about 30 minutes on RER C from Tour Eiffel to the Versailles station, then about 5-10 minute walk or short cab ride. So definitely a commute into Paris.

Have not stayed at the current locations in Paris as they are recent additions. Former Hilton Arc de Triomphe was a good property with very good exec lounge- unfortunate that it's no longer a Hilton.

poker9ite Aug 29, 2015 7:40 am

I was there about this time last year while they were renovating it. Still thought it was the best place to be. We used points for the room. Centrally located and the staff was very helpful. We used points and were upgraded to a room with a great view. It was one of the non renovated rooms but we didn't care the view was what we wanted. We landed at 8:00am the day of arrival and my wife was exhausted and they gave us our room then, no extra charge. We only had the breakfast option in the restaurant since the lounge was closed during the renovating, It was fine.

jubbing Aug 29, 2015 9:05 am

Just gonna hijack this quickly - Nov 13-14 - why can't I see any availability in Paris using points?

ernie8575 Aug 30, 2015 3:27 pm

My wife and I stayed at the CDG Hilton using points and cash and bought a 72 hours rail pass and commuted to Paris. The station is right in back of the hotel and it only took about half an hour to get to downtown. We arrived at CDG and departed from there too. The price difference made it worthwhile.

shonamac Aug 30, 2015 7:39 pm

Diamond benefits at the WA Trianon Palace Versailles

Other than a room upgrade, what benefits can a Diamond member expect to get at this property? For instance, do they offer a specific discount for F&B charges? How much does a buffet breakfast cost here?