Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
any recent updates????might be passing by ny in october & the rates here are cheaper than any other nearby property....
Old Aug 26, 2009, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE; HH*Silver; SPG Gold
I guess I should have updated this thread with my thoughts...since I started it and everything.

I second all of the good comments here. I prefer this hotel to the other chains in the area (Garden Inn, Sheraton NY and Sheraton Manhattan, Hilton NY), especially if the price is right. Clean, efficient, well equipped and well located. However, I would still pick W, Westin and Hilton TS over this one if they are at a similar price point.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by senor_jefe
I guess I should have updated this thread with my thoughts...since I started it and everything.

I second all of the good comments here. I prefer this hotel to the other chains in the area (Garden Inn, Sheraton NY and Sheraton Manhattan, Hilton NY), especially if the price is right. Clean, efficient, well equipped and well located. However, I would still pick W, Westin and Hilton TS over this one if they are at a similar price point.
i usually stay at the w times square everytime i'm in ny....but there is almost a $200 difference in the rates between the 2, so i'm willing to give the hampton inn a try....
Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:34 pm
Suspended

I'll be in NYC over Thanksgiving this year for 5 nights. I'm on the hook for three rooms...me and my family. I have enough points to get two of them for 5 nights, but would need to come up with cash for the other room...considering this property as the rate is only $179/night. Is the location OK for viewing the Thanksgiving Day parade?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AC, VIPorter, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chillinthemost
I'll be in NYC over Thanksgiving this year for 5 nights. I'm on the hook for three rooms...me and my family. I have enough points to get two of them for 5 nights, but would need to come up with cash for the other room...considering this property as the rate is only $179/night. Is the location OK for viewing the Thanksgiving Day parade?
If you mean viewing the parade from your room, no, the parade goes down 7th Ave. and the hotel is on 8th. But it's only a short walk to 7th Ave. to see it in person.

Here is the route:
http://gonyc.about.com/od/thanksgivi...Day-Parade.htm
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:47 am

We were there for the 2011 parade, got 2 award nights. You are about 2 blocks from the parade route down 7th avenue. Plan on getting there around 6-7AM to get a good spot. Wife & I rotated holding the spot while the other walked around with the kids & got breakfast. After the parade they had free pumpkin pie & hot cider! (and were giving us cards telling us to go to tripadvisor.com to give them a good review).

All in all a good hotel, right across the street from a subway stop, the usual crush of free breakfast folk, (and during the parade LOTS of families) decent size rooms for NYC.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jlabsher
We were there for the 2011 parade, got 2 award nights. You are about 2 blocks from the parade route down 7th avenue. Plan on getting there around 6-7AM to get a good spot. Wife & I rotated holding the spot while the other walked around with the kids & got breakfast. After the parade they had free pumpkin pie & hot cider! (and were giving us cards telling us to go to tripadvisor.com to give them a good review).

All in all a good hotel, right across the street from a subway stop, the usual crush of free breakfast folk, (and during the parade LOTS of families) decent size rooms for NYC.

Thanks, great advice.
From the outside, it looks like a standard Hampton Inn. Are the room sizes standard Hampton Inn sized, or have they down sized them for NYC?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by chillinthemost
Thanks, great advice.
From the outside, it looks like a standard Hampton Inn. Are the room sizes standard Hampton Inn sized, or have they down sized them for NYC?

Smaller than normal...

We had two queens (small queen beds that seem to be the norm at Hamptons), desk with roller chair and an easy chair/ottoman along with flat panel TV & fridge. About 1 foot of clearance on the side of my bed and 2 feet between beds. Tough to swing a cat in the bathroom but you have a closet too.

Pretty good wifi and a little grocer across the street where daddy could get a couple of "tall boys" to wind down with at night
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Platinum, Delta SkyMiles
Just received this notice from my upcoming stay at the HI Times Square North:

"Please note that the hotel will no longer be managed by Hilton Worldwide after 15th August 2012 but your reservation will be honoured. For questions please contact the hotel on +44 20 89028839."
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by squatopus

"Please note that the hotel will no longer be managed by Hilton Worldwide after 15th August 2012 but your reservation will be honoured. For questions please contact the hotel on +44 20 89028839."
got the same notice for my upcoming stay at the doubletree suites on times square....
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat

Honoured? International phone #?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Honoured? International phone #?
that's how they spell it in the uk & since its a uk number i think its pretty safe to say that one hotel in that region must be leaving the hilton group & the geniuses that are the hilton it department must have added this on to most emails going out for other properties....
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Platinum, Delta SkyMiles
Update! Just received this email from Hilton:

"Dear Valued Guest,

You recently received an email (Confirmation #123456) that incorrectly stated this hotel is no longer managed by Hilton Worldwide. This message was sent in error and can be disregarded. Please be assured that your reservation has not been affected. You will be receiving a corrected email shortly. Our sincerest apologies for any confusion this may have caused."
Old Jan 12, 2013, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update! Just received this email from Hilton:

"Dear Valued Guest,

You recently received an email (Confirmation #123456) that incorrectly stated this hotel is no longer managed by Hilton Worldwide. This message was sent in error and can be disregarded. Please be assured that your reservation has not been affected. You will be receiving a corrected email shortly. Our sincerest apologies for any confusion this may have caused."
got that as well....
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:17 pm

Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North

I am thinking of booking this hotel for our first time visit to NYC. Can anyone give me some pros or cons for staying here. Will be there for 6 days in May with no car so will walk or use subway or bus. Any info on this hotel appreciated.

Last edited by Sedona; Jan 21, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.