Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:57 am
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
You were able to book 5 nights confirmed in a king junior executive suite for 240,000 points... wow!
That is not what the OP said...
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wunderpit

That is not what the OP said...
"I was offered a paid upgrade from a king junior executive suite to a king executive tower suite for 11000JPY"

That's how I interpreted it. How else could you get an offer to upgrade from A to B if A wasn't the starting point?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:52 am

Sorry for the confusion. We booked under the deal book 4 nights, get 5th night free. We were given a free upgrade to the excutive jr. suite due to low bookings. We were also offered the paid upgrade to the executive suite.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by jsmith3049
Sorry for the confusion. We booked under the deal book 4 nights, get 5th night free. We were given a free upgrade to the excutive jr. suite due to low bookings. We were also offered the paid upgrade to the executive suite.
No worries, thanks for the clarification. Personally I would save the $500 and spend it on nicer meals etc.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a large suite as much as anyone else, but typically I only spend time in my room for sleep, bathing, and perhaps a little work. Already having a Jr. Suite would more than meet my needs, given EL access, and having just a few things to do around Tokyo beyond hanging in my hotel room

And I stand by my "wow" comment. Very nice upgrade for this property on an awards stay..
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
No worries, thanks for the clarification. Personally I would save the $500 and spend it on nicer meals etc.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a large suite as much as anyone else, but typically I only spend time in my room for sleep, bathing, and perhaps a little work. Already having a Jr. Suite would more than meet my needs, given EL access, and having just a few things to do around Tokyo beyond hanging in my hotel room

And I stand by my "wow" comment. Very nice upgrade for this property on an awards stay..
Thanks, we came to the same conclusion even though it was tempting. It will be our first time in Japan so I am sure we will be out of the room most of the time. We emailed them to see if we could pay to upgrade to a renovated room and was very surprised about the upgrade. My husband travels for business around 40 weeks a year and rarely gets upgraded.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:28 pm

I thought most diamonds got this room here if occupancy allows?

i've been only twice, once I booked 2 rooms, and got the Jnr suite for 1 each time.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
I thought most diamonds got this room here if occupancy allows?

i've been only twice, once I booked 2 rooms, and got the Jnr suite for 1 each time.
Maybe I've just been unlucky.. stayed there more than a dozen times, and never received any type of suite as a DIA, only upgrades to Exec floor. Especially nice if you get one to a floor with EL access via the staircase so no waiting for the elevator.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
Not sure if anyone here can offer some advice -- I have both the Hilton Tokyo and the Courtyard Tokyo Station booked for next month. As a first time visitor to Tokyo -- which area is a better place to stay? I'll be in town for 4 nights. The city seems massive so it's so hard to figure out where to stay. It seems like the Hilton would be a nicer (bigger room) hotel but the Courtyard seems to be in a better/busier location.

Last edited by Sam_AE; Feb 18, 2018 at 5:22 pm
Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:19 pm
Suspended

tokyo, as you state, is massive. both locations are good but i would probably lean slightly towards the courtyard by tokyo station because it is very close to the yamanote line. not that the hilton is far from shinjuku station, just that the courtyard is closer.
have you decided on what areas of tokyo you want to spend time in? that could influence your choice if one is more convenient to those places than the other. but i would say that they are both good since you'll be travelling from either one.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BenSenise
tokyo, as you state, is massive. both locations are good but i would probably lean slightly towards the courtyard by tokyo station because it is very close to the yamanote line. not that the hilton is far from shinjuku station, just that the courtyard is closer.
have you decided on what areas of tokyo you want to spend time in? that could influence your choice if one is more convenient to those places than the other. but i would say that they are both good since you'll be travelling from either one.
Good point/question. I haven't really narrowed down my itinerary yet. I figured choosing the hotel would help to narrow down those options too.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:37 pm

What are the breakfast hours in the EL please?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by saaveraward
What are the breakfast hours in the EL please?
Their own website www.hiltontokyo.jp specifically indicates breakfast on Executive Lounge is 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. 😁
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Sam_AE
Good point/question. I haven't really narrowed down my itinerary yet. I figured choosing the hotel would help to narrow down those options too.
I would vote for the Hilton. They offer free bicycle rentals, and exploring Tokyo by bicycle was both extremely enjoyable, and often faster than the subway.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I would vote for the Hilton. They offer free bicycle rentals
This I did not know! I hope to be back there towards the end of March and this will be good to take advantage of.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Free bicycle hire is great
In bali the hilton charge for bicycle hire

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.