Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
Thank you both! I'll get this done today. Good to know there's lots of availability. I'm hoping the hotel won't be too crowded.

Cheers,

Sioux
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by craigthemif
BTW, when I booked recently for the beginning of March there was loads of availability for points + cash, which worked out to be a pretty good deal... (0.45 cents for each HHonors point saved versus the fifth night free rate)
That's a sad comment when .45 cents per point is viewed as a great deal.

When I stayed here last year, the C+P value calculated out at 1 cent per point.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's a sad comment when .45 cents per point is viewed as a great deal.

When I stayed here last year, the C+P value calculated out at 1 cent per point.
Actually my math is based on how much it costs you to save an HHonors point (when comparing an all point reservation to C + P), so the lower the better...

For early March C + P versus prepaid rate (cash) still gives 1.2 cents per point...
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Just checked in yesterday (Jul 28). Had booked a seaview junior suite for B3,300 using Discover Asia rates. I looked on line before we left our hotel in Chiang Mai and saw that there were suites available. When we checked in at the HHonors desk we were informed the hotel was full and no upgrades were available. I politely told the lady that I had checked that morning and while there were no rooms available there were suites still available and very nicely asked if she could upgrade us from a junior to a full suite. She looked on line and said, yes there was a suite but she would have to ask her supervisor which she did and we were upgraded to the suite.

It's very nice with a HUGE balcony. The suite is on the end of the building so the balcony covers both the living room and the bedroom and wraps around to the side of the bedroom. Interestingly, the king size bed is in the middle of the bedroom with a desk behind the head of the bed. There is a nice deep bathtub and a nice sized separate shower. Another interesting feature is that while the toilet is walled off, the walls are glass so doesn't do much for privacy.

The executive lounge is in a different building and is somewhat small. However, it was not crowded last night for cocktail hour and it was even less crowded this morning for breakfast. You have the option of having breakfast in either of the restaurants so that may keep the crowds down.

All in all, I think we will have an enjoyable stay.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I am here now. Just wrapped up a week at the Conrad Koh Samui, which was amazing.

On points. Started in a Junior Suite Sea View. But one of the Guest Relations ladies took care of us. We are now in a full suite in the A-Andaman Buidling on the top floor. It has been fully refurbished. Huge suite, fully modern, high ceilings, very large bathroom, best views on the property by far.

Having stayed in the Lotus Wing prior and for a day on this trip, I can tell you there is a HUGE difference between a suite in the A-Andaman Wing and a Junior Suite in the Lotus Wing. It's like being on two entirely different properties.

Once again, taking care of above and beyond by a Hilton representative...
Old Nov 6, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold; HH Diamond; Hyatt Plat
Hilton Suite v. Hilton Deluxe Suite ???

I am planning a stay here in March 2016. I have booked base Garden rooms on points, and am considering some paid upgrade options prior to my arrival.

can anyone explain a difference between the Hilton Suite and the Hilton Deluxe Suite (other than 84 v. 85 m2)?

also, should I request a specific building? Is Lotus better than Andaman A

HH Diamond.

thanks!

Last edited by NightTripper; Nov 6, 2015 at 7:39 pm
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by NightTripper
I am planning a stay here in March 2016. I have booked base Garden rooms on points, and am considering some paid upgrade options prior to my arrival.

can anyone explain a difference between the Hilton Suite and the Hilton Deluxe Suite (other than 84 v. 85 m2)?

also, should I request a specific building? Is Lotus better than Andaman A?

HH Diamond.
Bumping for interest. Would like to nail down a reservation soon.

Any recent experiences with these rooms types and/or building preferences?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Falcon Flyer Gold, Hilton Diamon, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Bumping for interest. Would like to nail down a reservation soon.

Any recent experiences with these rooms types and/or building preferences?
I can't give a definitive answer but the difference between the suites is likely the view. The Andaman Wing looks directly over the beach and sea and the more expensive suites are located in this building. The Lotus Wing is set much further back and although the higher floors do have sea views they aren't nearly as impressive.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Falcon Flyer Gold, Hilton Diamon, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I've had very mixed experiences with upgrades at this hotel. I booked a junior suite for my last stay and hoped/expected to get an upgrade to a proper suite. The front desk told me that although they had suites available they weren't going to give me one and gave me a bottle of wine instead (sigh). Is this how the program works now - if the hotels don't want to follow the rules they can just give you a bottle of wine?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Gold39
The Lotus Wing is set much further back and although the higher floors do have sea views they aren't nearly as impressive.
The Lotus wing is also built in the round which means you get a fair bit of interior noise. Some people actually prefer Lotus wing for the lounge proximity but I really did not like it due to all the noise from people talking and doors slamming.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:24 am

thanks for all replies.

I confirmed the upgrade to a Exec Suite in Andaman A with interconnecting Twin room.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 7:34 am

Questions about Wings + Dinner

thanks for all replies.

I confirmed the upgrade to a Exec Suite in Andaman A with interconnecting Twin room.
Can you tell me which rooms/suites are in the Andaman Wing A?

Suites (84m2) and Deluxe Suites (85 with panoramic sea view) only or maybe Junior Suites as well?

Anybody knows what is included if I choose dinner as well? All restaurants? Does one of them offer Buffet Style?

Thanks for the help!

Peter
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Peter Kapusi
Anybody knows what is included if I choose dinner as well? All restaurants? Does one of them offer Buffet Style?
Why would you ever do that in Thailand? Get out of the hotel!!!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Why would you ever do that in Thailand? Get out of the hotel!!!
Kind of bluntly put, but I do agree with the general sentiment. You could try 10 different things out on the street for what the hotel would charge for dinner.

Peter, welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Kind of bluntly put, but I do agree with the general sentiment. You could try 10 different things out on the street for what the hotel would charge for dinner.

Peter, welcome to Flyertalk!
Haha, no problem. I am asking it because we always like buffet type dinners on Holidays (especially my mum, who says it is better to see them before choosing rather than wait 3 differnet times if you dont like the first two you ordered).

I also would like to remind you that in this resort, the difference between breakfast and dinner+breakfast rate is 500 BHT per person per night. Are you really sure I get 10 meals out of it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.