Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans {US-LA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans {US-LA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Stayed here recently.
  • Location is great. Very walkable in all directions
  • Valet Parking is a mandatory $45/night. Valet service was friendly and prompt, but it typically took 10+ minutes to get the car. Vehicle requests are done via text message.
  • Check-in was friendly. Each room got a bag with chips and two bottles of water.
  • One elevator was either down or moving very slowly. There was often a line for the elevators.
  • Our room was neat and clean, and nicely appointed. Refrigerator appeared new. Linens were clean.
  • 12th floor is the top floor and is subject to significant mechanical noise from the roof.
  • Our A/C was not working. They twice sent someone up to fix to no avail. We had to beg for a pedestal fan which was delivered in about 15 minutes. Luckily the lows were in the 60s and we could open the window.
  • Water pressure, toiletries, and bathroom linens were all above expectations.
  • Pool was clean. Pool towels are kitchen towels... too small and too thin to be useful.
  • Canned alcoholic beverages started at $9.
  • Breakfast was incredibly busy. We walked to Daisy Mae's across the street.

Perfectly fine for a weekend stay with family.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 9:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks for the report.
Originally Posted by aww3583
Stayed here recently.
  • Valet Parking is a mandatory $45/night.
  • One elevator was either down or moving very slowly.
I'm confused by a "mandatory" parking fee. What would an optional parking fee be and when would it apply?

How many elevators are there? Is one elevator 50% of the elevator bank?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by serpens
Thanks for the report.

I'm confused by a "mandatory" parking fee. What would an optional parking fee be and when would it apply?

How many elevators are there? Is one elevator 50% of the elevator bank?
Poor wording on my part. There is no other parking option (that I'm aware of) than valet, which is $45/night.

There are only two elevators. We only rode on one throughout our stay.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 7:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aww3583
[...] There is no other parking option (that I'm aware of) than valet, which is $45/night.

There are only two elevators. [...]
That makes sense. I was afraid the hotel charged for parking even if the customer had no vehicle. And with only two elevators, having one out of service is significant. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.