Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, KLM Silver
Originally Posted by boonkoh
As diamond member I got upgraded month ago to a ocean view villa with private pool. I got 404, which I can highly recommend. Great villa. A little further than others from the main building where the exception and restaurants are though, so if distance is important go for 401-403 (identical but closer).
Do you have a property map with room numbers?
llfoster likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Hi,

I am heading to this property with a party of 4 for 5 nights in a couple of weeks. Myself and my wife plus my sister and her husband. I am paying for all of the rooms on miles. Do you know whether my Diamond benefits will be extended to all 4 of us or just me and my wife? Most important is the free breakfast.

Incidentally, we have paid to upgrade both villas to the most expensive one Grand Ocean View Pool Villa and the cost was 150 Euros per couple per night which I thought was very fair.

Thanks

Pete
Old Mar 7, 2020, 3:00 pm

I think all guests at the property are granted free breakfast, and you should be extra OK since your Sister's room is booked under your Diamond account. In my experience, Hilton properties in Seychelles are rather generous with Diamond benefits.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 3:25 pm

Just started looking in to the Seychelles and both Hilton Resorts. Was kind of surprised to see such low traffic on both FT threads for the resorts. From all the travel blogs it looks like the Seychelles should be a bucket list destination like Maldives and BB, if beaches/diving are your thing. The Hilton threads for those destinations are way more active. Any reason to avoid the Seychelles or the Hilton properties?

Thanks
TD
Old Jan 11, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Just started looking in to the Seychelles and both Hilton Resorts. Was kind of surprised to see such low traffic on both FT threads for the resorts. From all the travel blogs it looks like the Seychelles should be a bucket list destination like Maldives and BB, if beaches/diving are your thing. The Hilton threads for those destinations are way more active. Any reason to avoid the Seychelles or the Hilton properties?

Thanks
TD
Hey Dave! I went to both Hilton Seychelles properties in 2017 for our honeymoon and enjoyed both. Having been to the Conrad Maldives up until that point, I would say that it's a very different experience in Seychelles (not all bad) and even between the two properties there were drastic differences. I never ended up writing up my experience but do have a bunch of videos (walkthroughs and vlogs) about the experience. You can find them on the channel "Going Awesome Places"! That should give you an idea of what to expect.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 3:43 pm

I just returned yesterday from both resorts and I am open to answer to any questions
Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by SpaceMarkus
I just returned yesterday from both resorts and I am open to answer to any questions
if only have 5 days on the island, what do you recommend, staying at one location ( which one do you prefer), or splitting between two properties? TIA
Old Jan 12, 2021, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Thanks
TD
Seychelles seem to be much more popular with Italian, French and southern European tourists as opposed to English and Americans. That said, I have been to both properties, and Northolme multiple times, the most recently in late 2018 and both are some well kept secrets. The Labriz has more of the full on resort feel you will find at the Hilton properties in the Maldives or Bora Bora (it on a private little island called Silhouette) and getting on and off to the mainland (Mahé) is a time consuming endeavor so most visitors to Labriz tend to stay on the property most of their stay (but for maybe a day excursion). Northolme is on the main island and the bustling beach area/town of Beau Vallon is only a 10 minute walk (no sidewalks on narrow roads so definitely use caution at night). Northolme is smaller yet has incredibly well kept, unique, beautiful grounds and Labriz is picture perfect as well. Labriz has really nice beaches on property whereas Northolme is built into higher rocky terrain and hence has small enclaves with only two tiny beaches but the dozens of beaches on the mainland of Mahé are a short drive away and make up for it but if your looking to lay at the beach everyday and have drink/food service the Labriz is the way to go. Service is equally good at both resorts and I think either could qualify as a 'Conrad' in terms of such. If you book on points at Northolme definitely enquire about upgrading to the one of the villas that has a private infinity pools (they also have two bedroom villas with private pools). It's short money compared to what you will spend on such a similar upgrade in Bora Bora or Maldives. The last time we were there the upgrade was complimentary but I think that had to do with occupancy being low and that we are repeat visitors. Since I have already been to Labriz once (and it was a great experience, yet would be the same every time) I now prefer Northolme. If staying at Northolme I would recommend renting your own car if you are comfortable driving in emerging countries. Driving around the main island of Mahé is worth at least one or two days of exploring. Food and beverage is nothing to write home about at either property but Labriz definitely has more on property options but at Northolme you have many local options especially in and around Beau Vallon. Insider tip: If you stay at Northome and you like Japanese food, check out the Seyshima resturant at the H Resort (in my opinion it's the best food in the Seychelles)...it's about a 10 minute readily available taxi ride. If you make dinner reservations there arrive an hour or so early around sunset to check out the grounds of the H Resort and their happy hour to mingle with a number of lively foreign visitors. H Resort is extremely popular with Italian as well as French tourists. Another Seychelles excursion tip...if you are into exploration or adventure check out La Digue Island. It literally feels like visiting the end of the world. Be advised however it involves a 1 - 2 hour open sea crossing in the Indian Ocean so having some level of sea legs to prevent from getting sick is helpful. Definitely try and find one of the high speed ferries or larger high speed private boats to make the crossing.

Lastly, to answer your question, there is no reason to avoid the Seychelles in fact I think it's great place to visit that up until now has been overlooked by many. It's a relatively safe island for tourists and the bang for the 'buck' compared to Maldives or Bora Bora is incredible.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by liw5215
if only have 5 days on the island, what do you recommend, staying at one location ( which one do you prefer), or splitting between two properties? TIA
this is hard to answer. It highly depends what your preferences are and when you plan to go.
At the moment you are locked into the hotel for 6 to 10 days mandatory quarantine, however you can use the beach and restaurants. You are however not allowed to leave the hotel premises and this is strictly controlled at the gate. So if you want to have a beautiful beach, labritz us your choice. If you however want to minimise travel time, are fine with the small strips of beach at Northolme (High waves in rainy season), go there and hope to be upgraded to the infinity pool villas. They are awesome.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 3:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hi! Do they really charge the deposit after booking a flexible rate? Honors app shows a warning that the full amount will be charged after booking.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 8:46 am

No. This is a glitch in the app, as I was never charged in advance for points booking quoting the same language on hilton.com.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:00 pm

Anyone have an email to request an upgrade for a book award stay?
Old Mar 22, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by CHSDOC
Anyone have an email to request an upgrade for a book award stay?
At the time, I had used [email protected] and a couple people on their team responded back to me about my upgrade request. That's probably a good place to start.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I'm also surprised how quiet this thread is!

I had booked a week for November 2020 which I had to rebook for November 2021. Silver lining is I got 2 nights at the new Mango House and 5 nights at Northolme. Does anyone know the odds of getting a diamond upgrade to one of the villas with a pool? They look so dope! After I made my reservation I got one of those automated emails about upgrades and add-ons and that said it would be 300 euros per night for it. I almost think it's worth it, but of course would much rather get it for free for being a diamond member. Even the 150 euros someone mentioned upthread would be fine with me
Old Mar 25, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chris30269
I'm also surprised how quiet this thread is!

I had booked a week for November 2020 which I had to rebook for November 2021. Silver lining is I got 2 nights at the new Mango House and 5 nights at Northolme. Does anyone know the odds of getting a diamond upgrade to one of the villas with a pool? They look so dope! After I made my reservation I got one of those automated emails about upgrades and add-ons and that said it would be 300 euros per night for it. I almost think it's worth it, but of course would much rather get it for free for being a diamond member. Even the 150 euros someone mentioned upthread would be fine with me
​​​​​​​I'm staying 5 nights at the Labriz followed by 1 night at Northolme at the end of April. I also see the 300 euro upgrade, but I'm going to see if they offer anything as a Diamond at check-in. I'll definitely share the result!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.