Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:44 pm
KRS

Correct; I booked for EUR420 during a sale, then later the rate went down to EUR301
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:10 am

Just checked in as a Diamond member. Used two free night certs. One under my name (Diamond) and the other under my wife (silver).

- diamond status extended for both nights
- free upgrade from hillside villa to ocean view with private pool villa
- checkin is at 2pm but got room at 12pm. I called in advance but they didn't want to guarantee any early checkin.
- late checkout is possible due to status, but they will only guarantee one day before checkout
- as diamond member, free water every day. Free full breakfast for two.
- free welcome fruit platter and a free bottle of red wine too.
- no dining discounts or spa discounts.

Some useful tips:
- this is not a beach hotel. There is a beach, but tiny and it's rocky.
- it is perfect for snorkeling, especially if you're a beginner, as there are so many fish amongst the rocks close to the beach
- big taxi (6 seater van) from ferry terminal cost SCR300 after lots of haggling
- hotel can call a taxi for you to airport, you have to haggle yourself. Guidance is SCR600 - SCR700
- lunch is casual menu, no fine dining. Average main course is SCR250 to SCR400
- dinner buffet is around SCR800 (depending on the theme night)
- bring long pants and a shirt if you're male, for dress code for dinner
- I would not recommend walking to Beau Vallon. Either taxi or bus
- half board option only allows you dinner buffet. If you want a La carte at Cocotiers you do get a discount. Something to consider if you have a long stay and don't really like buffets.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Hey guys, I have a King Hillside Villa booked but hoping for an upgrade as Gold. In advance, any recommendations for any specific room #s I should ask for in hopes of being upgraded to a pool villa?
llfoster likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:09 am

As diamond member I got upgraded month ago to a ocean view villa with private pool. I got 404, which I can highly recommend. Great villa. A little further than others from the main building where the exception and restaurants are though, so if distance is important go for 401-403 (identical but closer).

Last edited by boonkoh; Oct 24, 2017 at 11:15 am
Old Aug 18, 2018, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by boonkoh
As diamond member I got upgraded month ago to a ocean view villa with private pool. I got 404, which I can highly recommend. Great villa. A little further than others from the main building where the exception and restaurants are though, so if distance is important go for 401-403 (identical but closer).
Do they have snorkelling gear available free of charge for occupants of the resort?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Do they have snorkelling gear available free of charge for occupants of the resort?
Yes :-)
Tilly71 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Dropped to Gold this year. Staying in a month. Any upgrade experience for Golds? (not really expecting it ,just asking)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; LATAM Black; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
Transfers to Bel Ombre jetty

Will be staying 2 nights at Northolme, and then 5 nights at Labriz. What's the best way to get to the Bel Ombre jetty, to catch the boat to Labriz? Should I just get the hotel to book me a taxi?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Dropped to Gold this year. Staying in a month. Any upgrade experience for Golds? (not really expecting it ,just asking)
Never hurts to ask. I think you should also get 2 drink coupons for use at their bar (their cocktails are heavenly!!!!)

A data-point:
As a Diamond (and also us being on a honeymoon, got fantastic upgrades both the times: Once to Ovean View Villa, and once to Ocean View Villa with Pool.

Originally Posted by Italian_Kayaker
Will be staying 2 nights at Northolme, and then 5 nights at Labriz. What's the best way to get to the Bel Ombre jetty, to catch the boat to Labriz? Should I just get the hotel to book me a taxi?
Both Hilton Labriz and Hilton Northolme have their own vehicles: you can request a private transfer to the jetty in one of the hotel's vehicles (that's what I did, and would recommend). They'd probably charge anywhere between EUR60 - EUR75 for the one-way ride to the jetty. Tip: Mention exactly the time/date when you'd be needing the transfer, when you check-in (and reserve in advance). You can also probably get a local taxi, but, I have not tried that.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Had a 5 night stay here. Hopefully will be able to give a full review soon. As a Gold, we didn't get an upgrade, but that's OK. The room was great. This is a nice small property. It has the bones to be a Conrad, without a doubt. It would need a rooms renovation, maybe some lipstick on the common areas, and some service training (This Is Africa), but it could easily be a Conrad. Free breakfast was fantastic, with a view to die for. Location was good in our opinion, quiet and a nice escape after exploring the island. Some of the nicest beaches in the SouthWest do take a while to get to. Unfortuantely it isn't as easy as just driving down the West coast. You need to cross the island to the east, and then cross the island again to the west, so it takes almost an hour to get down to the beaches around the Four Seasons. That being said, we found some STUNNING beaches to the north of the Hilton, and there were very few people on them!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; LATAM Black; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
Inept staff & management

Here on a 2-night paid stay in an Oceanview Villa.

I had booked a transfer from the airport to the hotel, and confirmed it by email, but they "forgot" about it. Strange, but just hopped into a local taxi.

Then, upon arrival, the A/C in the room was not working. With temperatures in the 90s, that's an issue... They could not fix the A/C, and could not move me to a different room (apparently sold out). Bizarrely, they would not find me a room in another hotel either. Since it was late, and I was too tired to start looking for another hotel, I set up my "bed" in the fitness center (where the AC was working), and let them know I would be in touch with Hilton corporate.

Shortly thereafter, another room magically became available. A downgrade, but at this point who cares.

Will be heading to the Labriz next. Hopefully a better experience.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Italian_Kayaker
Here on a 2-night paid stay in an Oceanview Villa.

I had booked a transfer from the airport to the hotel, and confirmed it by email, but they "forgot" about it. Strange, but just hopped into a local taxi.

Then, upon arrival, the A/C in the room was not working. With temperatures in the 90s, that's an issue... They could not fix the A/C, and could not move me to a different room (apparently sold out). Bizarrely, they would not find me a room in another hotel either. Since it was late, and I was too tired to start looking for another hotel, I set up my "bed" in the fitness center (where the AC was working), and let them know I would be in touch with Hilton corporate.

Shortly thereafter, another room magically became available. A downgrade, but at this point who cares.

Will be heading to the Labriz next. Hopefully a better experience.
Can I ask how much the taxi cost from the airport?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Tilly71

Can I ask how much the taxi cost from the airport?
If you ask to be taken to the Hilton Northolme, they will likely demand 900 rupees, and eventually agree on 800 rupees (about $58).

If you ask to be taken "just north of Beau Vallon", they will gladly accept 600 rupees.
Tilly71 likes this.

Last edited by Italian_Kayaker; Jun 3, 2019 at 6:45 pm
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:54 am

Currently staying at the Northolme and wanted to post up some comments.
We originally booked the King Hillside Villa but decided to upgrade to the King Hillside Villa with Pool @ 200€ per night. IMO Definetly worth the upgrade cost just to have your own pool so recommended.
From our Villa we can see some King Hillside Villas with trees growing in front of the view of the ocean and shades the balconies of Sun.
Staff are very polite and friendly but professional at the same time.
From the airport we arrived at the resort in under 20 mins by taxi. We arrived at 9am, provided complimentary breakfasts even though not supposed to be booked in until earliest 2pm.
Staff clean & replenish rooms twice a day like the Conrad. Live musicians each night in the bar area.
Tip: Room service food is actually cheaper than eating in the bar. 15% off voucher available each night from reception if you want to eat a la carte menu.
Overall: great location with Sun rising / Sun setting views from Balcony. Very small beach area, limited Sun loungers at the beach.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 4:46 am

I found a local transport service from reading TripAdvisor. Used for airport to Beau Vallon and it was €30, the quote from the Northolme back to the airport is €35. Driver was waiting at airport with sign with our name on it. Owner very responsive via email.

[email protected]
raji, Cat88L3 and JonKarol like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.