Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond upgrade/Loung access

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2005, 5:32 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Blue Roman
Stayed at the Hilton Heathrow last night and currently at Hilton Zurich Airport, all on awards.
Heathrow did not give me an upgrade to thier Executive floor, (they never did anyway(, but gave me access to the exec lounge. They were good enough to place 4 apples in my room though. (must have thought a horse was stopping in the room(
Zurich Airport was great, Exec room and lounge access plus water and goodies in the room.

Strange how things differ though from hotel to hotel / there appears to be no consistency. Spoke to a junior manager, though, who was having a drink after his shift at Heathrow and he stated quite a few GM-s were concerned about the exec lounges and the fact that people were using them solely to eat free and drink free / big time, and the fact that it was having an impact on revenue.

The last paragraph of this posting does not reflect the opinions of the writer / by the way
Maybe if hotel restaurant and room service prices weren't out of line with reality, more people would use them. But given the choice of walking down the block for $5 hamburger or getting a $10 hamburger from the hotel restaurant or a $15 hamburger from room service, most people are going to do the former.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
These are exactly the words used at my checkin at the caledonian Edinburgh.
I had booked a standard and they upgraded me to a deluxe.just one category up-when they were clearly not full.
After a big fuss I was given a castle view-with aircon.
I do hope the cavalieri and the ADT paris do not adopt this strategy
Thanks for that advice, tinkybell. Am staying at the
Calley next weekend in a deluxe. As a diamond I will be interested to see where they place me. There's no lounge I gather and I am on a breakfast rate anyway so I will be on my guard. It has to be bettter than the 4 apples I received in the Hilton Heathrow last Thursday. Still I was able to do a juggling act when I got bored
Old Sep 25, 2005, 3:53 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Post June 1st experience

Last edited by JOUY31; Sep 25, 2005 at 1:34 pm
                        Old Oct 12, 2005, 3:20 pm
                        Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
                              Old Oct 13, 2005, 1:15 am

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
                              Not in many hotels across europe now. In London they actually had a printed hotel policy of one or the other but not both.

Originally Posted by kevino
                              If you're a Gold or a Diamond, you should get breakfast, even if you got an upgraded room.
                              Old Oct 13, 2005, 1:00 pm
                              Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
                              See the thread linked in post #43 for examples of hotels no longer as generous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.