Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik {HRV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2023, 12:21 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Previously, there were plans to add a swimming pool here. Have there been any updates on that?
There is an indoor swimming pool.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by the810
There is an indoor swimming pool.
There were earlier plans to get a permit to add an outdoor pool, but I guess that fell through.
the810 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 4:20 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
There were earlier plans to get a permit to add an outdoor pool, but I guess that fell through.
Any idea where? Replacing the restaurant terrace? Or the park below it? Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2023, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any idea where? Replacing the restaurant terrace? Or the park below it? Thanks
No clue!
Old Dec 4, 2023, 1:52 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
We had a booking for early February but the hotel contacted us to say that they had to cancel the booking as the works in the hotel were going to take a little longer than previously expected. Apparently its getting a wee refurbishment but the work on the elevators is going to take a bit longer than expected. Fantastic service from the hotel though. The hotel rebooked me into another hotel of a similar standard within the walls. I had only booked the cheapest room at the Hilton, prior to relocating they upgraded me to a suite & then looked for a room of similar value in a hotel of similar standard. They are also allowing me to use the Hilton car park for free.
Been to this hotel before & the service is superb & the staff friendly & helpful. I can't recommend it enough.
the810 and Zurich like this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:26 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I wonder how they are treating redemptions?
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DavMJ
We had a booking for early February but the hotel contacted us to say that they had to cancel the booking as the works in the hotel were going to take a little longer than previously expected. Apparently its getting a wee refurbishment but the work on the elevators is going to take a bit longer than expected. Fantastic service from the hotel though. The hotel rebooked me into another hotel of a similar standard within the walls. I had only booked the cheapest room at the Hilton, prior to relocating they upgraded me to a suite & then looked for a room of similar value in a hotel of similar standard. They are also allowing me to use the Hilton car park for free.
Been to this hotel before & the service is superb & the staff friendly & helpful. I can't recommend it enough.
So the hotel is closed for the winter? What other work are they doing there?
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Cut & paste from my email correspondence with the hotel -

planned refurbishment (elevators replacement, health club and general hotel maintenance) which will commence on December 1st 2023 and is scheduled to be completed by February 15th 2024.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I am considering booking a four-night stay at this hotel in March for my wife, 13 year old daughter, and me. I have little to no status w/ Hilton, so it would either be a cash stay or I would use up the last of my Hilton points.

We would likely be booking either a Deluxe Suite or perhaps the Imperial Suite.

I read a review on TripAdvisor that said there are two buildings to this hotel: the one pictured in every marketing image used, and second one across the street which has no services or amenties. Aside from that review, I don't find any other information about this including on the hotel's website.

Is the two buildings thing a big deal? If I want a glass of wine before I turn in for the night, am I going to be getting fully dressed and crossing a busy street? Does the main villa have any Deluxe or Imperial Suites? I feel like I'd like to be in the 'main' building.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by dingo
I am considering booking a four-night stay at this hotel in March for my wife, 13 year old daughter, and me. I have little to no status w/ Hilton, so it would either be a cash stay or I would use up the last of my Hilton points.

We would likely be booking either a Deluxe Suite or perhaps the Imperial Suite.

I read a review on TripAdvisor that said there are two buildings to this hotel: the one pictured in every marketing image used, and second one across the street which has no services or amenties. Aside from that review, I don't find any other information about this including on the hotel's website.

Is the two buildings thing a big deal? If I want a glass of wine before I turn in for the night, am I going to be getting fully dressed and crossing a busy street? Does the main villa have any Deluxe or Imperial Suites? I feel like I'd like to be in the 'main' building.
The "secondary building" (only used in the season, I believe) is across from the main building. You won't be crossing any street, just the plaza in front of the hotel. Obviously if you're going to a bar, you should be reasonably dressed - I can't imagine a kind of attire that would be appropriate in a bar but not on a street (and the weather element surely won't be a huge deal in Dubrovnik in March).

I wouldn't make a big deal out of this. Chances are you'll end up in the main building anyway.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
<<removed>>
Old Feb 11, 2024, 11:50 am

Do we know if they plan to tackle the atrocious bathrooms in this year's renovation? It is such a shame to have invested so much in the facilities and rooms decor to allow these horrendous Premiere inn styled shower/bath to go on for any longer...
Old Feb 28, 2024, 10:35 am

Guessing this place is a popular "hub" for cruise tours? Noticed a few select dates in the summer already sold out.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by eye84u
Guessing this place is a popular "hub" for cruise tours? Noticed a few select dates in the summer already sold out.
I believe cruises rarely start or finish day, it's usually just a day stop. But it's a popular place for other kinds of organised tours (and individual tourism too).
Old Feb 28, 2024, 11:22 am

I believe cruises rarely start or finish day, it's usually just a day stop. But it's a popular place for other kinds of organised tours (and individual tourism too).
I'm just glad I booked a cash rate many months ago for around 275, same day is 675 now and another is 1022 (sold out, but availability is showing due to Diamond guarantee)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.