Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik {HRV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Works this way here. It will open up later in the year.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Is the 400 kuna airport pick up mentioned above a private car? Will it hold 4 passengers? Is the pick up worth booking or are there taxi's available at DBV?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by miles_navigator
Is the 400 kuna airport pick up mentioned above a private car? Will it hold 4 passengers? Is the pick up worth booking or are there taxi's available at DBV?
Just take an Uber or Bolt insted.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by criced
Just take an Uber or Bolt insted.
Thanks for the advice. For Uber, how much should I expect and what category car am I asking for an equivalent of Uber X? Assuming they will take 4 people plus light luggage.

Is Bolt a Croatia version of Uber?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:36 am

Thanks for the advice. For Uber, how much should I expect and what category car am I asking for an equivalent of Uber X? Assuming they will take 4 people plus light luggage.

Is Bolt a Croatia version of Uber?
Just check the price in the app on forehand

Bolt is like Uber in all eastern Europe.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:29 pm

Looking at options to travel between Split and Dubrovnik. Most flights seem to go thru Zagreb, but there are plenty of buses. Anyone have experience with the bus? Recommend or no?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:39 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Kimmitzi
Looking at options to travel between Split and Dubrovnik. Most flights seem to go thru Zagreb, but there are plenty of buses. Anyone have experience with the bus? Recommend or no?
The bridge avoiding Bosnia opened today, so buses should be a lot more convenient from now on, and I suppose driving will also be easier.

Ferry is another option.
GUWonder, hugolover and Kimmitzi like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 3:08 pm

@Kimmitzi, the bus and the ferry take approximately the same time (4.30 to 5 hours), I would personally go for the ferry, the only disadvantage is that it runs only once per day (while buses run multiple times per day).

Ferry price is HRK 280 (EUR 37), tickets can be purchased online, schedule and further info on https://www.krilo.hr/en/sailing-sche...lit-dubrovnik/

Bus price is HRK 170 (EUR 23), tickets for many of the services can be bought online, schedules and info on https://www.buscroatia.com
Kimmitzi likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I went by both means of transport: by ferry (10 years ago) and by bus (6 years ago). So my experiences are a bit outdated. Both visages were from Split to Dubrovnik.
I had luggage both times, a suit case and a travel bag.
Boarding the ferry meant climbing rather narrow steps up to the passenger deck. Proper sitting was only available in the restaurant where we went for breakfast. The remaining hours we managed to sit on a casket where life vests were stored. On arrival we could want to a bus stop and wait there. No taxi in sight. Today with Uber this might be a different situation.
Going by bus reassembled of a time travel back into the old Yugo times: the driver asked for extra additive tax per person (we went with locals and they were likewise surprised). We witnessed smuggling at the boarder by the driver and co-driver and when in that small Bosnian corridor they went off for a 30 or so break. - In these terms I think the new bridge is a blessing, making the bus journey a more comfortable affair.
I personally would opt for the bus.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 5:48 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Zurich
I went by both means of transport: by ferry (10 years ago) and by bus (6 years ago). So my experiences are a bit outdated. Both visages were from Split to Dubrovnik.

On arrival we could want to a bus stop and wait there. No taxi in sight. Today with Uber this might be a different situation.
In March this year there were lots of taxis at that bus stop at the Gru port, even with the low number of tourists and lower number of ferries operating.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Zurich
I had luggage both times, a suit case and a travel bag.
Boarding the ferry meant climbing rather narrow steps up to the passenger deck. Proper sitting was only available in the restaurant where we went for breakfast. The remaining hours we managed to sit on a casket where life vests were stored. On arrival we could want to a bus stop and wait there. No taxi in sight. Today with Uber this might be a different situation.
Going by bus reassembled of a time travel back into the old Yugo times: the driver asked for extra additive tax per person (we went with locals and they were likewise surprised). We witnessed smuggling at the boarder by the driver and co-driver and when in that small Bosnian corridor they went off for a 30 or so break. - In these terms I think the new bridge is a blessing, making the bus journey a more comfortable affair.
I personally would opt for the bus.
Things that make you go "hmmm". Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2022, 2:42 pm

Had a great stay here. Booked 2 rooms (requested connected or close to each other) using AMEX Certs and points.

Given suite (346 pictures similar to Escape4) and executive sea view room (348 which are the pictures from :D! above I believe).
Given breakfast downstairs for all 4 people.
Suite ready for early check in.
Service is great and they really take care of Diamonds here.
Location is excellent right outside the old city.

Only minor things:
Couldn't get late check out and was informed like 1 hour before check out (night before they said check back next morning) so bit of scramble to freshen up an vacate the room.
Got charged for phone calls concierge made for us to confirm activities...a couple of Kuna here and there so no big deal.

We flew into DBV and took the ferry to Split when we split.
Used Uber to get around and it is a great deal compared to US Uber prices.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 2:53 pm

Had a great stay here.
Thanks for the review! As a Diamond staying there next week, really looking forward to it and hopefully we'll be able to get upgraded to a sea view room or suite as well.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
Thanks for the review! As a Diamond staying there next week, really looking forward to it and hopefully we'll be able to get upgraded to a sea view room or suite as well.
Email the property ahead of time with your requests including early check in or anything else you would like.
Hope you have dinner reservations outside property already. I couldn't get anything, it was booked over a month out. Ended up doing late lunch and then slight dinner on property which worked out fine for us.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:33 am

Email the property ahead of time with your requests including early check in or anything else you would like.
Hope you have dinner reservations outside property already. I couldn't get anything, it was booked over a month out. Ended up doing late lunch and then slight dinner on property which worked out fine for us.
Thank you for the tips! Unfortunately we have not yet made any dinner reservations, so we might have to end up eating at the hotel as well, lol. How was the food at the hotel restaurant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.