Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Massachusetts, USA {US-MA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Massachusetts, USA {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2001, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Massachusetts, USA {US-MA}

There has been a lot of negative reviews of the Back Bay Hilton in Boston. All are prior to the $XX million dollar revonation they claim to have completed.

Has anyone any comments on this property since they've been completed? as well as the Downtown Boston Doubletree. I should be staying in the back bay, but if this hotel really is that bad, 10 minutes on the T won't kill me.

Old Mar 26, 2001, 9:39 am

I don't know anything about the two hotels you mentioned but I stayed at the Hilton Dedham Place this past weekend and found it to be an excellent property. It's also very close to the commuter rail/Amtrak station on Route 128/I95.
Old Mar 26, 2001, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
My only experience at the HIlton Back Bay was positive, a year and a half ago. I'm Gold and they upgraded me to a top floor corner room with a great view.
Old Mar 26, 2001, 12:29 pm

I have not stayed at the Back Bay Hilton, however I have stayed at the new downtown Doubletree. Its location on the T is ideal for getting around.

As for the property, it's brand new and lacks some character... but the cookies are always good
Old Mar 26, 2001, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I've stayed at Back Bay Hilton several times. Never a bad experience. Beer Bar is increadible
Old Mar 26, 2001, 2:59 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Spent a weekend at the Back Bay Hilton in mid-February.

Nice rooms, nice views, friendly staff - it was a perfect stay.

You just go across the street into the Sheraton, and then you are inside the Prudential Mall... For access to the T, you can either go to the Hynes/Auditorium station or to the Symphony station.
Old Mar 26, 2001, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Stayed at both Boston Back Bay and Boston Logan Airport Hiltons. Both are positive for us. Back Bay has nice view (got the higher floor room - upgraded) and Logan Airport is convenient for flight. Will recommend others to stay at both.
Old Mar 26, 2001, 8:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
My personal preference is the Copley Marriott but I use the Back Bay Hilton as my back up. The location can't be beat and the rooms are acceptable. Parking will cost you your next born although I would take the T or cab. I guess it depends on what you are doing in beantown. Its walking distance to Fenway, all the downtown schools (not BC or Harvard), the charles, Faneuil hall if you don't mind the 20 to 30 minute walk and more. Check out Legal seafood next door to the Hilton in the Pru.

Old May 9, 2001, 2:50 am

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in Massachusetts, USA {US-MA}

Hi Hilton experts,

Any recommendations for hotels in the Boston area...

Carfield
Old May 9, 2001, 4:51 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA1K MM, HHonors Diamond + many more
Where exactly in Boston are you working or planning on visiting ? There is the Hilton at Logan, very nice. The Hilton Back Bay, expensive and so-so. The Hilton Dedham which is out by Norwood on the loop. Why not stay at a Hampton or the Embassy Suites etc. Cheaper more plentiful and usually in a location close to you.

------------------
Cheers Scott
Old May 9, 2001, 6:31 am

Don't forget the DoubleTree Club in the Bayside Expo/South Boston/Dorchester/Columbia Point/UMass-Boston/JFK Library area. Nice new property you can get on Priceline for a bid of $35 - $45.
Old May 9, 2001, 11:15 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Sorry for butting into your topic

<<Don't forget the DoubleTree Club in the Bayside Expo/South>>

Could you tell me please if this property is
handy for the T?

Many thanks
Old May 9, 2001, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Nottingham Nick:
Yes, I believe its on the red line at the Bayside Expo Center stop.

I reluctantly stayed at the Back Bay Hilton after I reading several poor reviews on here. But that was before their renovation, and thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.
I'd give them a thumbs up. From what I've read on here there was a gold/diamond check in area that was unmanned. This seems to have been turned into a gift shop.
No Exec Floor but they give you Bounce Back weekend certs for breakfast in the restaurant. Due to a short wait, we asked if we could trade them in for coffee and danish in the lobby; and you can.
As for upgrades: The hotel is basically triagular shaped, with one corner on each floor providing space for two larger rooms with panoramic windows. It gave us a very dramatic view of the south shore. The room had no bathtub, but more interestingly, a double headed shower. A worthwhile trade off. Fitness Facilities met our needs too.
Old May 10, 2001, 1:57 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Many thanks for taking the time to reply.
I am in Boston later this year and will see if I can get a good rate.
Old May 10, 2001, 11:28 am

Originally posted by Nottingham Nick:
Sorry for butting into your topic

<<Don't forget the DoubleTree Club in the Bayside Expo/South>>

Could you tell me please if this property is
handy for the T?

Many thanks
Yes, it is very "handy for the T." The JFK/UMass T stop on the Red Line is only a few steps away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.