Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Self Service Kiosks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2006, 7:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, UA (no status, but lots of miles!)
I used the kiosk at HNL for the HHV. I have this on my activity and thought it was the kiosk, but maybe it isnt? Does anyone know what the HIPS offer is?

Hilton Hawaiian Village - HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE HIPS OFFER 1,000
Old Sep 21, 2006, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have only used a kiosk once but was so frustrated after three tries to check out that I gave up.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 8:45 am

Programs: UA No staus, HHonors Gold, SPG none, Hyatt-none
I tried to use it at Times Square two weeks ago, tried to give me a double bed, I had reserved a King, had to end up going to the front counter.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I checked my non-hotel point history, and I definitely did not receive the bonus. However, I have a vague recollection of being motioned to the desk for a real human check-in after my only attempt to use a kiosk.

Oh well, it was only a one time 500 points, right?
Old Sep 22, 2006, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Impressed to hear stories of kiosks that actually work.
I'm one for nine tries this year. Lessee if I recall: 3 times the kiosk simply was out of service, 5 times I got a sheet telling me to go to the desk, one successful checkin. And, eventually, that 500 points posted as a Service Center Adjustment.
So far, no replies from HHonors to my suggestion that they owe me another 4,000 points for persistence.

(PS: this has been communicated as a 500-point bonus every time you use the kiosk prior to a certain date, forgot what it was and cannot find the details any more.)
Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:50 am

ZeppoX, do you remember if this offer was available to Gold and Diamond members only?
Old Sep 23, 2006, 3:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Mousy
ZeppoX, do you remember if this offer was available to Gold and Diamond members only?
What I remember is seeing the offer displayed on the kiosk itself. there was no fine print. Not that that means anything.

Shame this offer was so vaguely communicated, and considering the unreliability I've experienced at multiple properties, so badly executed. They coulda hooked us all on the kiosks.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond; SPG Gold; MR Platinum :)
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I don't recall the promotion. If anyone does, can you tell me what the dates are/were and if it's limited in any way. I've used the kiosk to check in and would like the 500 points. I'd be happy to do it again if necessary, but only for 500 points.
I didn't see the promotion but I remember being told by the front desk clerk at the ES in Brunswick that I would get 500 points because I checked in using the Kiosk...I don't see any points in my account now and that was about a month ago.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 12:46 pm

Pleased to report that my ES Kiosk points did post, under NonHotel Activity, about one week after the stay.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
My 2nd week using the kiosk at ES-Santa Clara successfully posted this weekend at the same time as the stay points posted. ^ Maybe it's particular for each kiosk. FWIW, I don't use it to checkout - either call the desk or use the TV.

-Mike
Old Sep 27, 2006, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Converse34
I used the kiosk at HNL for the HHV. I have this on my activity and thought it was the kiosk, but maybe it isnt? Does anyone know what the HIPS offer is?

Hilton Hawaiian Village - HILTON HAWAIIAN VILLAGE HIPS OFFER 1,000
The HHV HNL promotion is as follows:

"From now until December 31, 2006, you can earn 1,000 Hilton HHonors® bonus points when you check-in using the Zip-In Check-In kiosk terminals."

No idea what HIPS stands for, but it's the right amount of points for a kiosk check-in.

My experience at HHV was different. I attempted to check in via the kiosk, but it ended up referring me to a real human due to no rooms being available (early checkin). I didn't end up with the points.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 9:14 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
No idea what HIPS stands for, but it's the right amount of points for a kiosk check-in.

My experience at HHV was different. I attempted to check in via the kiosk, but it ended up referring me to a real human due to no rooms being available (early checkin). I didn't end up with the points.
HIPS is the kiosk check-in bonus. It takes from a week to 3 weeks to post. Two bits of advice:

1) If you don't get it, notify the service center. They've posted it twice for me.
2) If you try the kiosk, but it refers you to the front desk or otherwise doesn't work, tell the desk clerk at check-in. They can put something in the notes that gets you the bonus anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.