Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Self Service Kiosks

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2006, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
So, does this count as OLCI by airlines so you get bonus points? For instance, with NWA you get bonus points on promos for doing OLCI.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 9:41 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Since this apparently uses the airline's website for check-in, it actually IS OLCI.

Originally Posted by mnredfox
So, does this count as OLCI by airlines so you get bonus points? For instance, with NWA you get bonus points on promos for doing OLCI.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
^ It should.

This is a great feature. Makes good use of these machines. Anyone else checks in whit them? I have never tried.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Great idea

I love the ability to check-in at the hotel if I want to. Now, how about the ability to check in remotely (plastic card keys too) at an airport lounge?
Old Apr 14, 2006, 8:32 pm

Programs: CO Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz Pres. Circle
Originally Posted by Travel The World
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/pro...413&ID=5642290

Further enhancing the travel experience for its guests, from travel planning and check-in to check-out and beyond, Hilton Hotels has announced that the brand now enables guests to print boarding passes for most major airlines at check-in/check-out kiosks within the lobbies of 37 participating Hilton hotels.
I never had any luck getting the Hilton ORD terminal to connect to the correct web site for OLCI. But, the hotel does have an AA kiosk and I use that quite often with no problems.

However, to make the most of UG opportunities and avoid TSA unpleasantries, I just go online with my laptop and OLCI and then "reprint" my boarding pass when I get to the airport.
Old May 12, 2006, 12:11 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver
Just to confirm what was previously said, this is OLCI and, at least for NWA, earns all OLCI bonuses. I've used it twice now at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and received the current OLCI bonus and the "100,000 MILE DASH" points.

Additionally, since the OLCI is not tied to the hotel check-in/out, it appears that you could use the kiosk for OLCI even if you weren't staying at the hotel (for example, if you were staying at a hotel within walking distance).

Good deal.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 5:35 am

Anyone get their points for Kiosk check in?

I recently (and successfully) checked in at the Kiosk at ES Richmond. There was little sign with the 500 points for gold promotion.

Those points did not post with my hotel stay. I assume there is some sort of lag, or maybe an error given that the technology is relatively new.

Anyone have any experience getting those points? Did they post at same time, and if not when?

I also checked out through the Kiosk in case the 500 points offer applied to that as well, although I assume it does not. (Never hurts to try!). Anyone know for sure?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I don't recall the promotion. If anyone does, can you tell me what the dates are/were and if it's limited in any way. I've used the kiosk to check in and would like the 500 points. I'd be happy to do it again if necessary, but only for 500 points.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol
I don't recall the promotion. If anyone does, can you tell me what the dates are/were and if it's limited in any way. I've used the kiosk to check in and would like the 500 points. I'd be happy to do it again if necessary, but only for 500 points.

Hope someone can post an answer! I just wanted to add that I agree with you, I would only do a kiosk check in if there were points associated with it. Unlike airline checkin, I prefer dealing with a desk clerk for a hotel check in. One has the ability to influence the room selection (ie., facing the rear, high floor, quiet, possible upgrade). It is also nice human contact (usually!) unlike most airline check ins where the attendants are understandably way too busy to have much conversation.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:36 pm

Programs: WN CP, A list+; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite
The points do post...usually. They are very slow to post and they appear under the tab "Non-Hotel Activity". I stumbled there by accident and found the entry "EMBASSY SUITES KIOSK BONUS OFFER".

Give it a try.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I used the kiosk for the first time at ES Santa Clara - no mention of bonus points anywhere near/on the kiosk, however about 1 day after my regular stay poinits posted, so did my 500 bonus points for the kiosk use. I was happily surprised and now use it all the time of course (no problems with it at all, I like it as I have no real need to see/bother the front desk folks). I admit it's a little awkward when no one is in line at the desk and I use the kiosk

-Mike
Old Sep 20, 2006, 5:15 pm

Unhappy kiosk wierdness

I tried to use the Kiosk at the Washington Hilton, and it claimed that no room was available for my reservation, so I talked to the desk clerk who said there certainly were rooms, and proceeded to give me keys that didn't work. Finally got into the room, and the internet access claimed that I didn't have a credit card on file.

It all ultimately got straightened out, but I would be very wary of the kiosks.

Can anyone point to the promotion for using the kiosk? I'ld like to at least
get some points for all the hassles.

sigh!
Old Sep 20, 2006, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Anyone get the kiosk to work in the first place?
Old Sep 21, 2006, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Vlaka
The points do post...usually. They are very slow to post and they appear under the tab "Non-Hotel Activity". I stumbled there by accident and found the entry "EMBASSY SUITES KIOSK BONUS OFFER".

Give it a try.
It has been less than a week, but I did check - not there. I'll check back periodically and post if they do post.

Did you try checking out through the kiosk to see if that earned points as well?
Old Sep 21, 2006, 3:16 pm
sad

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by TrinaLC
I recently (and successfully) checked in at the Kiosk at ES Richmond. There was little sign with the 500 points for gold promotion.

Those points did not post with my hotel stay. I assume there is some sort of lag, or maybe an error given that the technology is relatively new.

Anyone have any experience getting those points? Did they post at same time, and if not when?

I also checked out through the Kiosk in case the 500 points offer applied to that as well, although I assume it does not. (Never hurts to try!). Anyone know for sure?
Used kiosk at ES in Dallas and Colo. Sprgs. Have received 500 bonus each time I've used it. Have had some "recognition" issues at he kiosks, just cancel and swipe my card again and all works well. At first I missed talking to someone to check in, but find it easier (and quicker) now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.