Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Austin, Texas, USA {US-TX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Austin, Texas, USA {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2005, 5:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
No, there's no minimum or co-terminal definition - you can move to a HH property across the street, it is a new stay. Pack light, move often. Make it seven days, seven stays... the FT way!

Heck, the man could get TWO wedges, couldn't he?

(The only HH property that would allow my Rhodesian Ridgeback to stay would be the Fess Parker near Santa Barbara! )
Old Jul 27, 2005, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Heck, the man could get TWO wedges, couldn't he?

Pack light, move often. Make it seven days, seven stays... the FT way!
If I were on my own, no problem! But I'll have my better half with me and lots of luggage! (Gonna be in the US for about a month.)
Old Jul 27, 2005, 6:00 pm

(The only HH property that would allow my Rhodesian Ridgeback to stay would be the Fess Parker near Santa Barbara! )
I've got 2 RRs myself although they are on "extended holiday" with my parents in CA while I enjoy a job assignment in London. I'll be in Northern CA for a good portion of my trip and after reading the Fess Parker thread am giving serious thought to a drive down to SB for a couple nights with the dogs.

Thanks all!
Old Jul 27, 2005, 7:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Completely OT, it was two RRs until Monday . Are yours NorCal (e.g. Dianne Jacobsen lines?)

Anyway, luck on your multi-stays; for some this is the answer to Diamond. For me it is a dream (I'm D on stays, days and base points right now... travel as a consultant, travel for pleasure; I need to get another life - not!)
Old Jul 27, 2005, 9:18 pm

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ridgeback
I did a search in this forum and also looked at the Honors web site, but couldn't find anything that would address this. I'm sure it's been addressed before so sorry I couldn't find it.

I'll be in AUS next week, plan to stay at the downtown Hilton. But since I'll be in AUS for about 7 nights, I'd like to get 3 "stays" out of it, if possible, by going to another Hilton property nearby for a night and then returning to the downtown property. Is this possible? Any recommendations?
Hop between the Hilton and the Hampton. It is a very nice Hampton and right near where you are. You can also see the Real World House from there. You can get 7 stays by just hopping between the two. I am not afraid to admit that I have done this in order to bump up my stays.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:55 pm

Completely OT, it was two RRs until Monday . Are yours NorCal (e.g. Dianne Jacobsen lines?)

Anyway, luck on your multi-stays; for some this is the answer to Diamond. For me it is a dream (I'm D on stays, days and base points right now... travel as a consultant, travel for pleasure; I need to get another life - not!)
Thanks for that. OMG, you lost one of your dogs? Devastating. I hope it wasn't sudden.

BTW, mine are from an Austin line. Though they've met some of the DJ line.

dbm - Thanks, I will look into the Hampton. I was thinking about the HGI either on 183 or in RR just because it may be kind of convenient for a day or two.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 1:22 pm

I just completed a stay at the Hilton at the convention center. Lovely, new hotel. Nice and clean, great location for dining, sight seeing and partying. My gold status got us to the 26th floor and entry into the exec. lounge on the 25th. No free booze but light continental breakfast and light snacks at happy hour. They charge $10 a day for high speed internet. Self parking is $12 and valet is $17.

Just checked in to the Embassy Suites at the Arboretum. While it's a newer property it's kind of cheesey (swans in the atrium, fake plastic plants and trees everywhere). Comfy beds. Full breakfast included, as is the bar at happy hour. Also, for elites, they are now providing free internet access in your suite although it is wired access only - at least on the 6th floor there's no wireless reception though it's free in the lobby. (Note: they censor your web activity at this hotel and only allow you to visit sites approved by the hotel, which seems to be owned by a bunch of right-wing, holier than thou, Pat Robertson types.) It is a nice location within walking distance to Whole Foods and a bunch of shopping and restaurants.

Last edited by ridgeback; Aug 30, 2005 at 4:11 pm
Old Aug 29, 2005, 2:33 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum,Hilton Diamond,Hyatt Diamond,WN Companion Pass, AA Plat, Hertz Plat
Any feedback on the Embassy Suites Austin Downtown/Town Lake?
Old Aug 30, 2005, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by onefreetraveler
Any feedback on the Embassy Suites Austin Downtown/Town Lake?
I haven't stayed at the town lake site yet but I've heard mixed things about it either here or at tripadvisor.

If you want to be in the Arboretum (northwest) area, you might check out the Hilton Homewood. I just found them - they're a bit hidden behind a Hampton Inn. It's an all suite property and unlike the Arboretum Embassy Suites the rooms are light and bright - and a bit classier than the rather cheesey Embassy. The mattresses looked to be top quality too.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 7:53 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum,Hilton Diamond,Hyatt Diamond,WN Companion Pass, AA Plat, Hertz Plat
Thanks for your feedback Ridgeback. Unfortunately, the Hilton Homewood is not offering the double SWA credit offer and I'm shooting for the CP again this year. It's only one night, so I guess I'll stick with Embassy Suites as the next night I'm at the nice Hilton Austin.

The things we do for points and credits.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 10:49 am

Hilton Properties - Austin, TX

I need a recommendation for a one night reward stay. Property also must have transportation to the airport.

Thanks.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:25 am

A search should turn up plenty of Austin reviews. And since there are only four HHonors properties within five miles of AUS, it shouldn't be too hard to narrow your choices.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:43 am

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by bk2351
I need a recommendation for a one night reward stay. Property also must have transportation to the airport.

Thanks.
Quite a bit more information would be helpful if you want suggestions.

Family trip, single business person, where else do you need to access, how many points do you want to spend, etc., etc. UpgradeMe is right; Do a search, you will find several reviews of Austin Hilton properties. Good luck.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:48 am

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
Originally Posted by bk2351
Best place to stay would be the Hilton Austin downtown near the convention center:

Hilton Austin
500 East 4th Street, Austin, Texas, United States 78701
Tel: +1-512-482-8000 Fax: +1-512-469 0078

You can call them and ask for transportation options.

Cheapest option would be to take the Airport Flyer city bus. I believe you'd make one transfer for a total of $2.00. You can check out the Cap Metro link at: http://www.capmetro.org/index.asp

You can enter your starting/ending destination such as: 1) Austin Bergstrom International Airport, and 2) Hilton-Austin and it will tell you the route.

Otherwise, if you REALLY want airport transportation you could stay at the Airport Hilton...but not much to do out there!
Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:09 pm

Here are the details...

End of a business trip and I will be alone. Looking for a clean cat. 3 (or so) property. Must drop of rental car at the airport the night I check in so I need transportation to the hotel. Once checked in, I'm not going out. Need transportation back to the airport the next morning for a 7:00 am flight.

Did a search and the HI at the airport looks nice but I don't believe they have a shuttle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.