Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2007, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Booked a AXON, Showing up Online as C604. Normal?

Just got off the phone with a HHonors rep who told me that if you book an AXON, it'll show up as a C604 booking online. Is this correct?

Don't want to show up at the Waldorf in London with my AXON reward cert. only to be told that I need to cough up 40,000 more points.

Thanks.
Old May 11, 2007, 11:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
All of my GLONP2 and AXON reward reservations made over the phone end up showing as standard awards in my online reservations page.

I usually call HH back and point this out to them and they will say that there is no problem.

I've never had a problem when arriving at the hotel. I've probably done about 6 or 7 of these types of rewards over the past 5 years.
Old May 11, 2007, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Jeeves
I've never had a problem when arriving at the hotel. I've probably done about 6 or 7 of these types of rewards over the past 5 years.
Thanks. Just the reassurance I need.
Old May 12, 2007, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I think I've seen this before.

Also, my current three-night award reservation coming up next week shows online as a C603, when in fact I have a C602 plus a one-night cert from last year's 5/10/15 promo. Presumably, there are system limitations that prevent them from categorizing the award res "properly," so they have to work around it. @:-)
Old May 12, 2007, 2:12 am
Community Director Emerita

When you make the reservation, you should get an email confirmation that correctly shows it as an AXON. It will be honored as that, even though subsequently it will show as a C604 online.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 7:48 am

AXON Award Info?

Haven't tried to book one of these recently and did a search here and on the Hilton website on info on how to book - couldn't find it.

Anyone have the link to the web page on the Hilton website that describes this award? (Or maybe this option has gone the way of the do-do?)
Old Jun 25, 2007, 7:51 am

Programs: US dirt (from CP), Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond??, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
I don't think you can book this one online, since it allows you to spend a lesser number of points than a normal award. I've always called the Diamond Desk to book them - I'd bet that you could do the same with the dedicated phone line for whatever elite level you are.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:03 am

This is from HH website:
To redeem HHonors points for reward stays under reward code AXON, you must be an active Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Cardmember. Reservations must be booked by calling 1-800-920-5649. All standard HHonors Reward Redemption and Hotel Rewards Terms and Conditions apply.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:22 am

Thanks.

I plugged in the wording from the above text, and found the actual link to the website page, replicated thus:

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...tcardsterms.do
Old Jun 25, 2007, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
nevermind... sorry..

Last edited by PHLGovFlyer; Jun 26, 2007 at 12:13 am
Old Jun 25, 2007, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Also remember that you now can use GLON awards much like the AXON awards for the HI properties. GLONs give you flexibility in the number of nights booked while AXON is for 6 nights only. For 6 nights the cost of a GLON is the same as an AXON for the HWV and HHV.
I think you are confusing the AXON with the ALON.

AXON = 4 nights at any category 6 and below property for 125k pts; must possess a Hilton Amex to book

ALON = GLON for Hawaii Properties.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:10 am

I just booked a 4 night AXON... didn't know there was a 6 night version.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by ajf3
I just booked a 4 night AXON... didn't know there was a 6 night version.
There isn't. See above.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:59 am

is there any special for a 3 night award?

is there a special for a 3 night award at all? whether that be with the hilton amex or just with hhonors?

what about this: can i book a 4 night award stay (AXON?) and then ask them to give me two rooms for the 3rd night and cut off the 4th night? what if i ask the hotel directly?

i need 2 rooms for my third night...

thanks,
r
Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
Originally Posted by rgm18
what about this: can i book a 4 night award stay (AXON?) and then ask them to give me two rooms for the 3rd night and cut off the 4th night? what if i ask the hotel directly?

i need 2 rooms for my third night...

thanks,
r
I suspect the response will be no but I myself would be interested in the official answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.