Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by dw1234
Does anybody know if there is a special AXON rate for 5 nights? Right now I have reserved an AXON at the HHV and then a one night C601 right after that. So I'm spending 165K points for the 5 nights.

Also, since I don't really want to check out after 4 nights and then check back in, should I tell them about my C601 reservation right away when I check in for the AXON? Or should I hold off until the night before the AXON stay ends?

Thanks.
Even though you are using 2 different reward codes...you can have both of those rewards entered on the same reservation. You shouldn't have to check-out and ckeck back in again. Call a CSR and get them to merge the 2 reservations (unless there is a reason you're trying to keep them separate).

BTW...There is no 5 night code (AXON or any other) that I am aware of...
Old Aug 1, 2005, 11:26 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
dw1234 there's only one AXON - 4 nights in a cat 5 or 6 property. gvaughn gave you some decent advice, and you have a nice stay.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bumping for the nice find. This may work out well, points wise for an upcoming trip to London and Rome.

Thanks!
Old May 14, 2006, 10:08 am

AXON Award Questions

My wife and I are planning a 4 night stay at the Conrad Tokyo. She is a Hilton AMEX member, I am not. However, when we set up her account, we had AMEX deposit the points into my account since I had a larger starting point base. A few questions.

1. Can she book an AMEX AXON award using my points (which are linked to her AMEX account)? How would we do this?

2. We only have about 90,000 points now but will not travel until late August. We will probably hit 125,000 points. From what I've read at other threads, Hilton can reserve the room and you have the certificate deducted up until a few days before you travel. However, if you don't end up with enough points, can you cancel w/o penalty?

Thanks!
Old May 14, 2006, 10:26 am

I can't help definitively with the first question (although my guess would be the answer is "no") but yes, you can make an award reservation without an adequate number of points at that time and then wait until you get the points and call back for the actual award certificate. You can do this right up until the time of the trip because they can email or fax the certificate to you. I think I even remember someone on FT saying that the HH desk actually faxed one award certificate to the desired hotel for an upcoming stay because the person was on the road. The points you have when you make the reservation will not be deducted from your account until you call in with the full complement of points to get the certificate. So no problem there. Even if you get the needed points, have them deducted for the certificate, receive the certificate and then decide to cancel, you can still get the miles back without penalty. They usually will show up back in your HH account within a few hours, believe it or not. Good luck.
Old May 14, 2006, 12:35 pm

update

Originally Posted by upgrader
I can't help definitively with the first question (although my guess would be the answer is "no") but yes, you can make an award reservation without an adequate number of points at that time and then wait until you get the points and call back for the actual award certificate. You can do this right up until the time of the trip because they can email or fax the certificate to you. I think I even remember someone on FT saying that the HH desk actually faxed one award certificate to the desired hotel for an upcoming stay because the person was on the road. The points you have when you make the reservation will not be deducted from your account until you call in with the full complement of points to get the certificate. So no problem there. Even if you get the needed points, have them deducted for the certificate, receive the certificate and then decide to cancel, you can still get the miles back without penalty. They usually will show up back in your HH account within a few hours, believe it or not. Good luck.
I called HHonors and they don't even recognize the AXON code. THey said I need to book with AMEX. Is this right? If I book through AMEX, can I still pay with points later down the road?
Old May 14, 2006, 12:53 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, Alaska Air MVP Gold
You need to call 1-800-920-5649. They will be able to help you request the reward stay. It will appear on your reservation list with the pre-AXON points needed. i.e. cat. 6 is 160,000 regularly, but only 125,000 with AXON. It has always worked out for me that they deduct only 125,000 when I order the reward certificate. Have a great trip.
Old May 14, 2006, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ss315
I called HHonors and they don't even recognize the AXON code. THey said I need to book with AMEX. Is this right? If I book through AMEX, can I still pay with points later down the road?
Call again you MUST book this with HHonors and if the CSR cannot find get a supervisor. ( done even call Amex they for sure wont know about this)

One thing you will find at the initial booking the award will show up on your HH reservations as shown on hilton.com as a regular 4 day award indicating the number of points required for a regular award appropriate to the hotel cat.
Tell them you will request the reward cert at a later date.

This is going to require some follow up and you must make sure they send you a confirming e-mail that can use a AXON award for this stay.

Going back your first of the initial questions. doing what you ask is going to be tricky.
Suggest you make the reservation in the name of the person who has the Hilton amex card. Then once that done call in and ask to have the award issued in both your names and the points deducted from your account.

Hope it works

mike
Old May 15, 2006, 11:16 am

Programs: united 1p, usair silver, nz gold, hilton gold, starwood gold
My wife and I have a joint account at Hilton Honors and they pool our points
together. Is that an option?
Old May 15, 2006, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by sheepherder
My wife and I have a joint account at Hilton Honors and they pool our points
together. Is that an option?
We are not signed up for the "mutual fund" program, which would work. Hilton no longer accepts new applications for this program--to the best of my knowledge.
Old May 17, 2006, 12:55 pm

reservation made, but now?

Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Call again you MUST book this with HHonors and if the CSR cannot find get a supervisor. ( done even call Amex they for sure wont know about this)

One thing you will find at the initial booking the award will show up on your HH reservations as shown on hilton.com as a regular 4 day award indicating the number of points required for a regular award appropriate to the hotel cat.
Tell them you will request the reward cert at a later date.

This is going to require some follow up and you must make sure they send you a confirming e-mail that can use a AXON award for this stay.

Going back your first of the initial questions. doing what you ask is going to be tricky.
Suggest you make the reservation in the name of the person who has the Hilton amex card. Then once that done call in and ask to have the award issued in both your names and the points deducted from your account.

Hope it works

mike
OK, I was able to make the reservation without a problem under my name--the HHonors account holder, but not the AMEX holder. I told them I would call back for them to issue the award certificate. When you redeem the AXON, what proof does Hilton or AMEX require that you are an AMEX Hilton card holder. I was surprised at how easy it was for me to make the AXON reservation--then again, Hilton may think I am an AMEX Hilton cardholder b/c AMEX deposits points, earned by my wife, into my account every month. I just want to make sure that when I finally have enough points, I will not run into any problems. One solution is for me to get my own AMEX Hilton, but I will be applying for a mortgage soon and don't want to take a credit rating hit.
Old May 17, 2006, 1:53 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
OK, I was able to make the reservation without a problem under my name--the HHonors account holder, but not the AMEX holder. I told them I would call back for them to issue the award certificate. When you redeem the AXON, what proof does Hilton or AMEX require that you are an AMEX Hilton card holder. I was surprised at how easy it was for me to make the AXON reservation--then again, Hilton may think I am an AMEX Hilton cardholder b/c AMEX deposits points, earned by my wife, into my account every month. I just want to make sure that when I finally have enough points, I will not run into any problems. One solution is for me to get my own AMEX Hilton, but I will be applying for a mortgage soon and don't want to take a credit rating hit.
why don't you add your name to your wife's AMEX acct? As a secondary card holder, your name will appear on the statement.
Old May 17, 2006, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Personally I think you are home free
Basically one the AXON is issued there is nothing else thats needed to be done. Based on what you have stated above it appears that all might be required is that the CC used to guarantee the stay must a HH Amex and its might not matter if the card used is yours or your wife's name.

When I redeemed my AXON's (two so far ) they used the CC in my booking profile which was a HH Amex. No questions was asked as to whether I had one or not since they could clearly see such.

mike
Old May 17, 2006, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
I was always told be Hilton that I need to call Amex for this award and Amex was able to book it for me w/o any problem, even the W=A.
Old May 17, 2006, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cfischer
I was always told be Hilton that I need to call Amex for this award and Amex was able to book it for me w/o any problem, even the W=A.
Interesting, are you saying that Amex actually did book this award for you?

The two I claimed for stays earlier this year were done with the Diamond Desk and that seems to be what OP is saying also.
Mine were booked in December 05, unless this is a new/different policy.

mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.