Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2008, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I want to book an AXON for a friend, as a gift. I am being told emphatically by the Daimond desk that the AXON award must be used by the individual with the Amex and HH account supporting the award. I will of course exercise rule #1 of dealing with CSAs, but any advice on how to pull this off? Ideas:

1. Book it in my name and then call back to transfer the name. Risk- the transfer fo the name is not allowed, then I'll just cancel the award (I have enough points to carry two awards if needed.)

2. Book it as a normal 40k per night award in my friend's name and then call back to have it converted to an AXON. Risk- something goes pear shaped in the coversion and my friend's name gets dropped somehow.

This is for a friend's honeymoon and i cannot risk the award being denied at checkin. Any advice? TIA.
Not true. Call the DD again and get someone who will help you.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Not true. Call the DD again and get someone who will help you.
Rule #1 came through again- thanks. It is really frustrating to have someone telling something with such emphasis and conviction that you know is wrong.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Rule #1 came through again- thanks. It is really frustrating to have someone telling something with such emphasis and conviction that you know is wrong.
I wonder if "Rule #1" can be added to the FAQ (it doesn't seem like it's there anywhere, thought the FAQ is HUGE - so I may have missed it). It's a very important rule.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 4:08 pm

I went through the whole thread and have learned a lot. Thanks everybody. I'm still a little confused. Is the Axon reward "guranteed" in that as long as there are available rooms at the hotel Diamond Desk calls and books the room?
I called regular HH and wanted to redeem (didn't know about Axon at the time) and they told me that the award is only good for 2 people and I had 4. This was for Hilton Tokyo Bay where I'm told that there are different rules for children. With these rules I still need 3 paying patrons. I'm not clear if there wasn't rooms available to fit the number of people or if it was a certificate rule. I did make a one night room reservation for 4 people under the same 40,000 points earlier. Since I had now aquired more points I was trying to book more nights.
So if Axon is "guaranteed" I may not have a problem if it's the terms of the 40,000 certificate then I still have a problem.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 6:25 pm

I am not sure what you mean by "guaranteed".

However, ALL Hilton awards are for a standard room and "reward usage is limited to double occupancy. Additional occupants 19 and over are subject to the "standard extra person charge"

Now the tricky part.

What are the "rules" at Tokyo Bay? How many does THIS hotel allow in a room; and what are there rules re extra charges. The Tokyo Bay is a popular hotel with families so they should have all of the answers to your questions - possibly even on the hotel web-site.

My suggestion is that you call the hotel and pose your questions directly
Old Dec 27, 2008, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
I am not sure what you mean by "guaranteed".

However, ALL Hilton awards are for a standard room and "reward usage is limited to double occupancy. Additional occupants 19 and over are subject to the "standard extra person charge"

Now the tricky part.

What are the "rules" at Tokyo Bay? How many does THIS hotel allow in a room; and what are there rules re extra charges. The Tokyo Bay is a popular hotel with families so they should have all of the answers to your questions - possibly even on the hotel web-site.

My suggestion is that you call the hotel and pose your questions directly
Thanks...by gurantee I mean is it based on award availability (they only allot so many awards per date or as long as they have a room the Axon rate will be arranged with the hotel by the Diamond desk) if I have 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 18 does a standard award cover my family?

I will e mail Tokyo Bay. A fellow FT'er posted children school age (at Tokyo bay it's 6 or 7) sharing existing bedding are free. There could be a charge for my child who is 11. I think it's best for me inquire with the hotel. If I inquire about a standard award usage then AXON rules should also apply right?

Last edited by lkohawaii; Dec 27, 2008 at 9:48 pm
Old Dec 28, 2008, 8:19 am

The only thing that is different about an AXON Award is that it will cost you less points for the same benefit. There are no other differences and the hotel will not even be aware that your award is AXON.

Enjoy your trip
Old Dec 29, 2008, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
The only thing that is different about an AXON Award is that it will cost you less points for the same benefit. There are no other differences and the hotel will not even be aware that your award is AXON.

Enjoy your trip

Thanks I e mailed the hotel and found out reward is for 2 adults. Good to know that AXON terms are the same.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 11:18 am

Programs: Ex-HHonors Diamond (now nothing), former AA EXP
Changing an award reservation to AXON

Hypothetically speaking, suppose someone had already made an award reservation for 4 nights at a level-6 hotel for the regular rate of 60,000 points per night. Now suppose that person obtained a HHonors Amex card and decided to change it to an AXON award for 125,000. Can this be done by simply calling the diamond desk and making the change?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by stu52
Can this be done by simply calling the diamond desk and making the change?
Let us know.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by stu52
Hypothetically speaking, suppose someone had already made an award reservation for 4 nights at a level-6 hotel for the regular rate of 60,000 points per night. Now suppose that person obtained a HHonors Amex card and decided to change it to an AXON award for 125,000. Can this be done by simply calling the diamond desk and making the change?
I don't see it should be any problem to convert a C604 award to AXON. Especially if the hotel is still bookable for standard room.

Recently, I need to move a day for my award booking of GLONP2, now the hotel became Waldorf, the Dimond desk just change the award to WRVL6. In my case the points are the same though.

Last edited by wendySFO; Dec 30, 2008 at 9:39 pm Reason: Correct spelling
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:46 pm
une

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
If the hotel is still available, you can cancel the reservation. Your points will be credited back and then do the AXON award. I am not sure how long it takes for the points to go back to the account though.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:56 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I just email my contact at HHonors for this sort of thing.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by une
If the hotel is still available, you can cancel the reservation. Your points will be credited back and then do the AXON award. I am not sure how long it takes for the points to go back to the account though.
Points usually post back to hilton.com within a few minutes and agents seem to be able to see the points instantly. So no worries.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 4:18 pm
Suspended

OK lets get this sorted.

a)First off one night in a cat 6 property = 40k points not 60k.
b) Yes you can convert a standard award to an AXON ( I know because I have done it more than once) ... no need to call and ask beforehand.
or even find out if there is inventory, you already have four rooms thats all the inventory you need.

Just tell the CSR what you are trying to do and it should be quite easily done...its pretty simple.... really

mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.